OAC News

otp

They are all just rumours. I've heard so much about the C shift. That its cancelled, that it will start in April etc. I've also heard many rumours that they want to lay off about 500 more people (all of C shift). There are a lot of rumours ie) this vehicle is selling and this vehicle isn't selling that no one has any idea what is going on.

All we can do is wait and see.

i heard that there planning on going 3 shifts by september and doing rotating layoffs anyone else hear this?

Union says 3rd shift by september but the company might want to delay further, all contingent on the "Fairlane" scheduling.

Off topic ...sorta'

Any "claim as single" calculated their taxes yet? How’s the social clawback this year? :reading:

With two dependants and wifes income the E.I. payback was $1700 for me.

Never going to happen!!

Nope. It won't. They went back to '99 months ago (under Garneau) and that layoff lasted less than one week. They can't sustain production.

I've discovered something. No one knows anything at OAC (go figure). The union stewards has no idea what is going on, I see them running around trying to do things for the membership but they have no idea really what the 'big plan' is. The committee seems to be 'unavailable'. With last nights change of our lunch (from 10 pm to 9:30 pm) the stewards couldn't reach the committee man. Even the supervisor I had last night (from the States) had no idea. Last night was supposed to be his last night. No one told him whether to stay or go back home, no one answers his calls either. When the cash runs out he's heading back south.

High management are the only ones that may have any idea but I fear that they are exactly that. High. Layoff the workers and bonuses for management. What a plan.

I've discovered something. No one knows anything at OAC (go figure).

LOL .. I find I get more info about work from the newspaper then any other source ... sad but true ....

..as for the layoffs .. they say you never hear the bullet that kills ya.. metaphorically speaking

Nope. It won't. They went back to '99 months ago (under Garneau) and that layoff lasted less than one week. They can't sustain production.

I've discovered something. No one knows anything at OAC (go figure). The union stewards has no idea what is going on, I see them running around trying to do things for the membership but they have no idea really what the 'big plan' is. The committee seems to be 'unavailable'. With last nights change of our lunch (from 10 pm to 9:30 pm) the stewards couldn't reach the committee man. Even the supervisor I had last night (from the States) had no idea. Last night was supposed to be his last night. No one told him whether to stay or go back home, no one answers his calls either. When the cash runs out he's heading back south.

High management are the only ones that may have any idea but I fear that they are exactly that. High. Layoff the workers and bonuses for management. What a plan.

Why is it the union stewards job to know what the hell is going on? If you read your collective agreement, one of the first articles in your agreement is that the company has the right to manage. NOT the union, all they do is police the contract. If the company wants to change your lunch, which again, if you read your contract, is NOT written that it has to be 4.5 hours after your start time, then like your contract say's, they will manage the company as they see fit. THEN, and only then, will they inform the union executive. Why would the company tell them what "the big plan is"? it isn't any of the unions business, its managements business. So who was this supervisor phoning, that wouldn't get back to him on nights? Your committee man? The plant manager? or are you just repeating someone elses rumour?

Sorry, not an employee, but I have question..

My MKX was built on Monday the 26th, and Ford is saying it won't be at my dealership until April 8th! Is it normal for it to take over a month to ship it (I know for a fact is on rail right now)? It will be going to the Kansas City distribution center.

You guys may not be able to answer, but I thought I would try... Thanks.

Sorry, not an employee, but I have question..

My MKX was built on Monday the 26th, and Ford is saying it won't be at my dealership until April 8th! Is it normal for it to take over a month to ship it (I know for a fact is on rail right now)? It will be going to the Kansas City distribution center.

You guys may not be able to answer, but I thought I would try... Thanks.

Are you sure your car was built that day?

It shouldn't take that long for you to receive your car, i'm not aware of any major delays like the ones happened at the begining of the launch.

The bank order for Edges and MKXs is high(we were told), try to talk with the dealer about it.

Good luck and enjoy your new car when you receive.

Are you sure your car was built that day?

It shouldn't take that long for you to receive your car, i'm not aware of any major delays like the ones happened at the begining of the launch.

The bank order for Edges and MKXs is high(we were told), try to talk with the dealer about it.

Good luck and enjoy your new car when you receive.

I'm 100% positive it was built that date. The ERL is saying, "your vehicle has been shipped via rail carrier, with an estimated time of arrival of April 8th, 2007."

My dealership says that is horribly long as well. Their Edge's that they have gotten were shipped in 9-12 days!

I'm 100% positive it was built that date. The ERL is saying, "your vehicle has been shipped via rail carrier, with an estimated time of arrival of April 8th, 2007."

My dealership says that is horribly long as well. Their Edge's that they have gotten were shipped in 9-12 days!

We had a rail strike here in Canada (that just ended) which may have had something to do with the delay. It's not only affecting outbound shipping but inbound parts -- and it's compounding a gasoline shortage to boot.

Foxrun could probably tell you more on how much it's affecting rail shipping.

Why is it the union stewards job to know what the hell is going on? If you read your collective agreement, one of the first articles in your agreement is that the company has the right to manage. NOT the union, all they do is police the contract. If the company wants to change your lunch, which again, if you read your contract, is NOT written that it has to be 4.5 hours after your start time, then like your contract say's, they will manage the company as they see fit. THEN, and only then, will they inform the union executive. Why would the company tell them what "the big plan is"? it isn't any of the unions business, its managements business. So who was this supervisor phoning, that wouldn't get back to him on nights? Your committee man? The plant manager? or are you just repeating someone elses rumour?

The Supervisor in the guy that runs Line 5 and 6 area. The guy that looks like Colonel Sanders on B shift. Sounds like him too.

When I hear it straight from his mouth I'm pretty sure I'm able to quote that.

Also with changing the lunch, they have to talk to the Chairperson. That is in the contract.

What would be wrong with that?

Wrong? Nothing.

They should, however, offer a couple up to employees.

No, not because I'm looking for a "perk". I think that as part of the process the employee should fill out a critique and ideas on how to improve the vehicle, as well as point out its shortcomings. Generally speaking, I'm not different than most workers, I can pick out a ding or a paint sag or orange peel or trim gaps from 20 paces. 24 hours under a critical eye might help impprove things.

At the same time, it would maybe get people a little more enthusiastic and to take pride in producing them.

We had a rail strike here in Canada (that just ended) which may have had something to do with the delay. It's not only affecting outbound shipping but inbound parts -- and it's compounding a gasoline shortage to boot.

Foxrun could probably tell you more on how much it's affecting rail shipping.

I remember hearing about that strike. Since it's already on the rail system, I wouldn't think the strike would have affected it, but I don't know anything about it...so I shouldn't assume. A customer service person told me last week that it would be delievered on March 9th...then they all started saying April 8th this week. I just wonder if the ERL/update system didn't screw up the months, and it is actually March 8th.

Thanks Sparky.

What I don't understand (I'm sure I'm not the only one) is why the hell are we not seeing a lot of edge commercials. I see tons of F-150 (good) and Fusion (good also) but the Edge I very very rarily see one, and it's not the channels I watch cause I watch them all canadian, american. Is our advertising people that stupid or do they haveno money to advertise??