OAC News

otp

This won't start until we run at near full capacity which may be some time off.

I would think people who pay big $$$ for daycare would like this plan, it would save them some money, also there are some people who have a side business they can now devote time to and those who are close to retirement like 3 days work and 4 days off as a way to ease into retirement.

You must not be a parent for if you were you would understand that this plan will actually increase the amount of $$$ we pay in daycare not decrease it, especially for us single parents. If I were to work the weekday shifts I would need daycare for the early morning(which by the way is next to impossible to find) and for after school until I get home(around 6 because of traffic). Then I need to find someone to care for my child all night while I work the afternoon shift (which is actually a night shift). Or I could work the weekend shift and need a mix of daycare and night care. This is deffinately not a plan designed for families.

I am pretty sure this is in the best interest for us ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BUT ,,,, My take on this is the C shift is being eliminated and a new one being created but also being called C shift. It seems to me that the people on the New C shift will have a serious life change and will be offered a lot of overtime during the regular production hours.Why would the bargaining committee even think of a shift like this when we have the C shift working straight midnights now ,Could it not be on a 3 shift 8 hour operation like it was suppose to be and like everyone thought . They could schedule the overtime on weekends and I am sure this would bring back all the laidoff people now plus we would all get a little peice of the pie. I for one would not wish the new C shift on anyone and it will be the junior members that would be on it.If you have a family of any kind this is no way our union is helping us now. The divorce rate would go up for those on that shift.I will be voting against this pattern of work and maybe the bargaining committee will take another look at a better way and not think about there proposed 7 day paychecks that will come from this .If you add up the numbers for the production schedule it does not make any sense to me . 4 X 10 = 40 hrs..... 5 X 10 = 50 hrs...... 3 X 11 = 33 hrs..... = 123hrs compared to 3 shifts running at 8 hrs for a total of 120 hrs . Just my take on the great ways my union is thinking about us and our familys.

YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must not be a parent for if you were you would understand that this plan will actually increase the amount of $$$ we pay in daycare not decrease it, especially for us single parents. If I were to work the weekday shifts I would need daycare for the early morning(which by the way is next to impossible to find) and for after school until I get home(around 6 because of traffic). Then I need to find someone to care for my child all night while I work the afternoon shift (which is actually a night shift). Or I could work the weekend shift and need a mix of daycare and night care. This is deffinately not a plan designed for families.

Just curious ... what did you do when we worked 2 shifts 10hrs a day? I understand it was 2 yrs ago...but we all knew it would come back someday.

Just curious ... what did you do when we worked 2 shifts 10hrs a day? I understand it was 2 yrs ago...but we all knew it would come back someday.

I worked in the truck plant so I wouldn't have to deal with the night shift problem. Also it's alot easier to find daycare for a 7 1/2 hour shift than it is for a 10 hour shift.

Easy Foxrun have a little respect for our brothers and sisters!

If he couldnt make it so be it! and if he asks what happened and you reply to his question give him the answer or dont reply at all.

We have to have a little respect here!!!!!

I would give you an answer Lineman but i couldnt make it either sorry.

Basiclly it was a bunch of really pissed off people! Alot of the people had a problem with the lack of information and the limited time we have to understand it. No real information was given out, we have to wait till Tuesday.

Why not just go to the meeting on Tuesday?

Do You think any answeres will be answered on Tuesday about when the laid off workers will be back.Does anybody have any thoughts on the lenght of the lay offs Sorry I am asking the same questions everybody asks, but I need to get back to work before I go insane, the time off is nice but still have to pay the bills and feed the kids and pay support , you know all that fun stuff. Again sorry if I am boring you all.

Edited by Rookie

When I mentioned daycare in my last post I wasn't thinking about single parents at all. I am a parent but my daycare issues are behind me now, thankfully. When my family was younger, I too had many daycare problems to deal with and I have a spouse to help out so I can imagine what you must go throught at times and my hat is off to you. However, we all knew we'd be back to working steady with possible OT under the flex agreement and adjustments would have to be made in our personal lives. Right now daycare is your concern and it's a valid one, my concern is paying for a University education. Tuition, residence, books and meal plan will run $13,000 a year so I want to work a much as possible. Someday you may be in my shoes too.

At least we are debating more work and hours of operation, I'm sure the people at Atlanta, St. Louis and Wixom wish they could have the same debate.

Do You think any answeres will be answered on Tuesday about when the laid off workers will be back.Does anybody have any thoughts on the lenght of the lay offs Sorry I am asking the same questions everybody asks, but I need to get back to work before I go insane, the time off is nice but still have to pay the bills and feed the kids and pay support , you know all that fun stuff. Again sorry if I am boring you all.

No idea when you will be back. :shrug: Why don’t you contact the president or chair and ask them? Maybe they can give you some insight?

EDIT- I just got the 707 out of my mailbox so you can find the answer in there.. sorta?

Edited by CanAm

Here are the things I know ......first of all as of today we will have

blackouts for the weeks 14,18, 20 and 23 according to

Pat Carducci.........these are tentative since Ford keeps changing them

because of construction progression as well as sales.

As far as a new operating pattern goes there will be some discussion at the

Union meeting this Sunday but a vote will take place when we return to work

next Tuesday and a leaflet will be distributed in the plant describing what

the operating pattern change will be. From what I presently know Ford wants

us to change our operating pattern of possible 3 shifts and 19 weeks of

Saturday work to the following operating pattern.

When on days-----------Mon to Thurs------10 hours Fri, Sat and Sun off

When on afternoons----------Mon to Thurs-------10 hours, Fri-----8 hours Sat

and Sunday off

They also want a weekend crew that works----------11hours on Fri, Sat and

Sun with the rest of the week days off.

This may or may not be 100% ACCURATE BUT IF YOU WANT TO FIND OUT EXACTLY GO TO THE UNION MEETING THIS SUNDAY!

In regards to a leaflet being passed around...that would be a big NO. The union has done nothing in regards of informing people about what is contained in the proposal via leaflet or conversation so you'll have no choice but to go to the meeting to get the scoop. The only leaflet passed out at work today came about at 10am....a leaflet informing people of the meeting to vote tomorrow (Tuesday)

However, I have a copy of the proposal in PDF form on my computer at home which I'll get hosted and linked to here on the forum so people can see what exactly it contains. I'll let people make up their own minds but by biggest beef with it is item#29 which will give Ford the ability to schedule work on Saturday afternoons, long weekends, holidays (like Xmas shutdown) and 1 week during summer shutdown. :angry:

*Edit; Here are the files PDF files of the proposal

ford_page_1.pdf

ford_page_2.pdf

ford_page_3.pdf

ford_page_4.pdf

ford_page_5.pdf

Edited by WTF????

Has the issue of a protected forum from the local or the National ever been discussed before? I like the idea, and think maybe it should be brought up to our leadership.

What do you think is better? Forums hosted by our local that are anonymous (anyone can register)

Or more user controlled for 707 members only?

:shrug:

What do you think is better? Forums hosted by our local that are anonymous (anyone can register)

Or more user controlled for 707 members only?

Some people seem to have a concern that management won't like what is said on here, or that we're letting the "cat out of the bag" on this public forum. A CAW only forum may allow people to feel more comfortable about posting on it. Maybe not. I was just curious if it had ever been an issue in the past. :shrug:

A forum is pretty easy to set up, there are a number of sites that do it for free with a little advertising. I know of one and all you do is register on forum such as this one and moderaters can approve of members or disapprove if you don't belong. I have emailed Ron at the local and suggested that there is a need for a forum on the new site but if any one is interested we can start our own and they can just link to i(707)t .All it takes is word of mouth or email and the site could be filled up with our own members and not worry about going on this site. Let me know and I will set it up.

Vote no! Then youll have all the time in the world to watch your kids!!.I worked tens for 20 years at OTP yes they arent fun but you can get alot of baby sitters for 80,000. Stop whining. If you can get a job that pays over 30/hr,be my guest. Ididnt think so. There are thousands of people that would give there left nut for your job. Edited by uglymugs

Vote no! Then youll have all the time in the world to watch your kids!!.I worked tens for 20 years at OTP yes they arent fun but you can get alot of baby sitters for 80,000. Stop whining. If you can get a job that pays over 30/hr,be my guest. Ididnt think so. There are thousands of people that would give there left nut for your job.

I guess then you'l be volunteering for the Fri/Sat/Sun "C" shift on straight time.

Oh and good luck making it to $80G. TPTs get first crack at any O/T before the full timers.

I suggest that you read the agreement and get informed.

A forum is pretty easy to set up, there are a number of sites that do it for free with a little advertising. I know of one and all you do is register on forum such as this one and moderaters can approve of members or disapprove if you don't belong. I have emailed Ron at the local and suggested that there is a need for a forum on the new site but if any one is interested we can start our own and they can just link to i(707)t .All it takes is word of mouth or email and the site could be filled up with our own members and not worry about going on this site. Let me know and I will set it up.

Personally I would like to see one hosted by the local & protected. Log in with master # or something? You can have a handle but your real identity is used to register. That way it’s all "in house"so a member can post a message and elected members can post answers? At one time the National worked with this group. Web.Net -- Don't know if they still do? Just an idea……… :)

That was some exciting meeting :happy feet: To bad so many people missed it. A point was brought up that members had read "stuff" on the Internet and thought it was true. I’m sure the "Internet" was reference to this site. If anyone reads the opinions, gossip and rumors on this forum and think it’s the gospel, you need to give your head a shake. It all blah, blah, blah so if members want the real Mc Coy, get your butt out to the GM meetings. ;)

Totally agree with you.

Too many rumors around the plant for no reason.

Vote no! Then youll have all the time in the world to watch your kids!!.I worked tens for 20 years at OTP yes they arent fun but you can get alot of baby sitters for 80,000. Stop whining. If you can get a job that pays over 30/hr,be my guest. Ididnt think so. There are thousands of people that would give there left nut for your job.

You don't have to be rude, and I do plan on voting no! Just so you understand I don't have a left nut but I probably have more balls than you. You are right the ten hours sucked but I dealt with them! I happen to think the agreement we have now is not so bad! No I don't like afternoons but you deal with them. Personally I think you are a fool if you think fo mo co will pull out! This is yet another carrot. They answer to the stock holders not us!

I guess then you'l be volunteering for the Fri/Sat/Sun "C" shift on straight time.

Oh and good luck making it to $80G. TPTs get first crack at any O/T before the full timers.

I suggest that you read the agreement and get informed.

Thanks sparky!

Thank You Red

No prob, anything for a bro or sis! Sometimes we forget that we are all in this together, George Orwell once wrote, "They who forget the past are doomed to repeat it" (it may not be the exact qoute, but you get the idea) Personally in the unions case I hope we repeat it! Alot of people fought very hard for us to get where we are, and because of the state of our world and the wto we are being forced to bow down to "The Fat Cat". It's about time for us to tell everyone that the common worker is "TIRED OFF THIS SHIT!" If we vote no do you really belive that fo mo co would leave? It's not in there best interest!