OAC News

otp

wow. just throw your brothers and sisters under the bus. incredible.

When there is a layoff in Trades (very few) junior members go first, same thing for production. It's in the agreement. But wait, that does not suit you? Hmm, you sound like a me me me.

Ed.

When there is a layoff in Trades (very few) junior members go first, same thing for production. It's in the agreement. But wait, that does not suit you? Hmm, you sound like a me me me.

Ed.

Naw man, you got me wrong, I'm not for me me me. Im the exact opposite. I'm for us ALL. Happy Thanksgiving Bro. You have a great day.

Looks like the Ford Motor Co. may be coming after the SUB Fund. Rumor has it, that's what this weeks meeting in T.O. is about. Sorry to say if they come after that and keep scheduling downs weeks I'm for 1 shift. That way the lay offs will be fewer. Sorry junior's but that what seniority is all about.

Ed.

Ed you need to look at the big picture. We can't go to 1 shift. It's a death nail for the plant. I've got 24 years and I will take a hit to keep it 2 shifts. As I said in another post. WE belong to a Union, and must act in the best interest of every member. Like it or not. That's what being in a union is all about.....

Ed you need to look at the big picture. We can't go to 1 shift. It's a death nail for the plant. I've got 24 years and I will take a hit to keep it 2 shifts. As I said in another post. WE belong to a Union, and must act in the best interest of every member. Like it or not. That's what being in a union is all about.....

Glad you think that way Brother, now find 3349 more that will say the same thing. It won't be easy.

Ed.

Glad you think that way Brother, now find 3349 more that will say the same thing. It won't be easy.

Ed.

Ed you have to stop being so selfish this is a union here and we have to do what's best for everyone in the plant not just for you. You have to remember when you were a junior member those senior works stuck up for you thats why we have what we have today. So stop being so "Greedy" its not me me me for the junior members its me me me for you only and maybe "trimdingbat" but anyway either your in the union as a whole or your not. have you ever heard of the saying that "We are only as strong as the weakest link in the chain" well your the weakest link so either become stronger and stay united or you should have taken the package and quit!

ill be 1 of the 3349 and it wont be hard to find many more.

Edited by The Bull

Ed you have to stop being so selfish this is a union here and we have to do what's best for everyone in the plant not just for you. You have to remember when you were a junior member those senior works stuck up for you thats why we have what we have today. So stop being so "Greedy" its not me me me for the junior members its me me me for you only and maybe "trimdingbat" but anyway either your in the union as a whole or your not. have you ever heard of the saying that "We are only as strong as the weakest link in the chain" well your the weakest link so either become stronger and stay united or you should have taken the package and quit!

ill be 1 of the 3349 and it wont be hard to find many more.

I was there in 1980. As soon as the SUB ran out, we went to one shift. I was in the Truck Plant, so I didn't have down weeks. I didn't get any SUB. I was out on my ass with nothing. I got another job and when I got laid off from that job six months later, I got another one. You will do what you have to do. It makes a man out of you. I didn't go crying and begging. I had two young daughters and a house and new car that I just bought when I got laid off. I don't know of any of the 1900 of us who did not do ok after the layoff. Many started up their own businesses and half of them refused the re-call because they had found something better.

I stated previously that I am willing to take the down weeks to keep everyone working. If the SUB runs out, I will find something on the side if I have to. If they go to one shift, it has nothing to do with me.

Edited by Trimdingman

NY Times: FORD MAY ADD A THIRD SHIFT AT KENTUCKY TRUCK PLANT

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html...750C0A962958260

WOW!!!! That article is 14 years old!!! Anybody have any current news? Like what happened at the Ford/CAW meeting in Toronto Friday? I heard it was just about the company filling the union in on the current financial status of Ford.

The reality is that there are no jobs that you can hop to. Especially here in Windsor where there is some kind of closure every week, if not every other day.

I will make a job. I will haul people's garbage to the dump or put a plow on my truck, or do landscaping, or clean. I am not going to go and work for some cheapskate for $12 an hour.

Edited by Trimdingman

I am getting so sick of the average Joe who is not happy with the shitty job he/she has, bitching about the money we make here at Ford. I agree only to the fact that, yes, we are lucky to work for one of the largest companies in the world (hense the pay). How many of these same people say "I would never work there"? To me, that is a sign that we might be underpaid. If you look at the % of prophet that goes to the labour costs (including benefits) then you can see we are not over paid, but fairly paid in relation to the billions the company makes when sales are good. We can be paid $10 per hour and the company would be in the same boat because NO ONE IS BUYING CARS, not because we are paid too much. Another misconception that pisses me off is that we are all "uneducated monkeys", when in fact you need post secondary to even have an application looked at for hourly work. I can think of many other places for these people to vent their frustrations for not achieving their goals in life. Take TTC ticket haulers making $30 plus of TAX PAYERS MONEY, not private company dollars, or teachers not jumping at 12% increase over 4 years and threatening to strike over it. But wait, they might be right, lets bury one of the biggest manufacturing sectors in the world (if not the biggest) because I am jealous they make more money then I do!!!!!!!

For the record, my wife is a teacher. Its not about the 12% pay hike, its about being able to prep for the class (they arrive early to set up lessons and its unpaid, which would be OT on the line) and class sizes (they want a limit, rather than have 30 + kids running around) as well as other factors. The pay raise is just what the media is jumping over... just like how they blame autoworkers. You are showing how the media is able to fashion your perspective towards teachers, just like they are doing with autoworkers. It is up to the union and the workers to set things straight at to explain what the real fight is about. Now, I get to finish work and go home, not have to worry but my wife on the other hand has lesson planning, marking etc., all of which is unpaid.

I guess its easier to criticize other groups rather than focus on what their problems may be.

Edited by scuzzi

For the record, my wife is a teacher. Its not about the 12% pay hike, its about being able to prep for the class (they arrive early to set up lessons and its unpaid, which would be OT on the line) and class sizes (they want a limit, rather than have 30 + kids running around) as well as other factors. The pay raise is just what the media is jumping over... just like how they blame autoworkers. You are showing how the media is able to fashion your perspective towards teachers, just like they are doing with autoworkers. It is up to the union and the workers to set things straight at to explain what the real fight is about. Now, I get to finish work and go home, not have to worry but my wife on the other hand has lesson planning, marking etc., all of which is unpaid.

I guess its easier to criticize other groups rather than focus on what their problems may be.

Oh come on, I think it's great that the teachers got a raise, but don't feed me the line about no pay for prep time etc.......just average out the annual pay and then factor in the "extra" time that they have off.

have a great day.

Oh come on, I think it's great that the teachers got a raise, but don't feed me the line about no pay for prep time etc.......just average out the annual pay and then factor in the "extra" time that they have off.

have a great day.

Take home pay for the top rate teacher after 10 years is less than what an auto worker makes with no overtime. That fat salary they make includes benefits. Deductions take their gross two weeks pay down to around $1900 take home. We take home over $2000 for 2 weeks. There is no overtime, and it takes 10 years to get to top pay after university and college and student loans to pay off, and starting at 50% of full salary. Their time off is not much more than an auto worker, and they don't get to pick and choose their weeks like we do. They get 9 weeks in the summer, two weeks at Christmas, and one week in March. Subtract July 1st, Civic Holiday in August, and Labor Day Friday, which is in their summer shutdown. We get 7 weeks plus average 7 days for Christmas, plus 4 day weekends, where they only get 3 days. Throw in a couple of paid down weeks, and we get more time off than they do. If they go on strike, they are docked at a rate of approximately three weeks pay for two weeks of strike. Don't talk about what you don't know.

Edited by Trimdingman

Take home pay for the top rate teacher after 10 years is less than what an auto worker makes with no overtime. That fat salary they make includes benefits. Deductions take their gross two weeks pay down to around $1900 take home. We take home over $2000 for 2 weeks. There is no overtime, and it takes 10 years to get to top pay after university and college and student loans to pay off, and starting at 50% of full salary. Their time off is not much more than an auto worker, and they don't get to pick and choose their weeks like we do. They get 9 weeks in the summer, two weeks at Christmas, and one week in March. Subtract July 1st, Civic Holiday in August, and Labor Day Friday, which is in their summer shutdown. We get 7 weeks plus average 7 days for Christmas, plus 4 day weekends, where they only get 3 days. Throw in a couple of paid down weeks, and we get more time off than they do. If they go on strike, they are docked at a rate of approximately three weeks pay for two weeks of strike. Don't talk about what you don't know.

Look who is talking! You don't know everything either. I know first hand what its like, most high school teachers teach 3 classes in a single day at 70 minutes each that is 210 minutes of teaching which is 3 1/2 hours a day times 5 days = 17.5 hours which leaves 22.5 hours of lesson planning and marking, they get paid for their lesson planning and marking which is done at home or at school after hours, most teachers are done there planning and marking in 2 1/2 hours. 6 hours of work a day. Also don't forget the sick days, which they are entitled to 15 a year, which is equal to another 3 weeks of holidays and believe me they use them even if they are not sick. Sure they volunteer and other shit but they do get paid a hefty amount so they should stop their crying about class sizes etc. on the other hand auto workers don't get paid for sick days and they work even harder than most teachers if not all of them. Also i think teachers with 10 years make over 75 000 a year or more thats more than an auto worker without overtime.

Look who is talking! You don't know everything either. I know first hand what its like, most high school teachers teach 3 classes in a single day at 70 minutes each that is 210 minutes of teaching which is 3 1/2 hours a day times 5 days = 17.5 hours which leaves 22.5 hours of lesson planning and marking, they get paid for their lesson planning and marking which is done at home or at school after hours, most teachers are done there planning and marking in 2 1/2 hours. 6 hours of work a day. Also don't forget the sick days, which they are entitled to 15 a year, which is equal to another 3 weeks of holidays and believe me they use them even if they are not sick. Sure they volunteer and other shit but they do get paid a hefty amount so they should stop their crying about class sizes etc. on the other hand auto workers don't get paid for sick days and they work even harder than most teachers if not all of them. Also i think teachers with 10 years make over 75 000 a year or more thats more than an auto worker without overtime.

I see my wife's pay stub. She "grosses" $86,000. She takes home about $1900 every two weeks. I take home about $1050 a week for 40 hours, which is $2100 for two weeks. They get hit with deductions left and right. Their deduction for their pension is around $150 per week. Don't forget that they had to go to university and college for five years, which we worked and earned a paycheck while they had to pay out money, and they start out at only 50% of full pay. It takes 10 years to get to full pay. By that time, during normal times, we would have a premium job. During these times, we have had down weeks, and still take home more than teachers.

Edited by Trimdingman

WOW!!!! That article is 14 years old!!! Anybody have any current news? Like what happened at the Ford/CAW meeting in Toronto Friday? I heard it was just about the company filling the union in on the current financial status of Ford.

That article is the only factual info on here in quite some time, eh. :shades:

I see my wife's pay stub. She "grosses" $86,000. She takes home about $1900 every two weeks. I take home about $1050 a week for 40 hours, which is $2100 for two weeks. They get hit with deductions left and right. Their deduction for their pension is around $150 per week. Don't forget that they had to go to university and college for five years, which we worked and earned a paycheck while they had to pay out money, and they start out at only 50% of full pay. It takes 10 years to get to full pay. By that time, during normal times, we would have a premium job. During these times, we have had down weeks, and still take home more than teachers.

What will her pension be when she retires