OAC News

otp

Well depending on how you refer to them, those guys wouldn't really be considered night shift . Most people refer to them as the midnight shift. I know technically the shift that starts after day shift is the afternoon shift I don't know anybody that calls it that.....everybody I know calls it nightshift and the 3rd shift is referred to as the midnight shift. So if they're asking the midnight boys to come in on Sunday, so what, that is when they're supposed to be in anyway. Now if they're telling guys from nightshift (afternoons) to come Sunday night, they can't do that.....that's considered voluntary overtime.

Besides.....what's the big deal about them working anyway?

There isn't a big deal, but if they are going to pay the third shift of fork lift drivers, then maybe ten hours are sooner than later, thats all

There isn't a big deal, but if they are going to pay the third shift of fork lift drivers, then maybe ten hours are sooner than later, thats all

They are sooner....as in starting next week for a and b shift trim/chassis.

Let the whining commence about working 10's (which it already has)

I think its because of the traffic you have around the bigger cities we are on a quieter stretch of highway with alot of land and parking around , plus with maintenance working 3 shifts with different start times it opens up parking spots for the other shifts.

parking lot gets a bit congested at shift change but not too bad...

most people let their opposites go home 30 minutes early too so not everyone starts the exact same time...

I doubt A shift will work a 10 considering B shift will be starting @ 5:30

I doubt it as well.......but I wouldn't be surprised if we go 9.8 or possibly even 10. They've done it before in the past when we've done vehicle launches.

I was also told today that C-shift material handling has been cancelled until further notice and all of those affected are to report to their old shift/dept. starting next week. And no....they aren't gettting their old jobs back....they will essentially be post pending to deal with the manpower shortages.....which will go up now that 10 hrs are upon us.

Edited by WTF????

I doubt it as well.......but I wouldn't be surprised if we go 9.8 or possibly even 10. They've done it before in the past when we've done vehicle launches.

I was also told today that C-shift material handling has been cancelled until further notice and all of those affected are to report to their old shift/dept. starting next week. And no....they aren't gettting their old jobs back....they will essentially be post pending to deal with the manpower shortages.....which will go up now that 10 hrs are upon us.

There's gonna be a s--t load of first aids and steward calls!! Let the games begin!

I doubt A shift will work a 10 considering B shift will be starting @ 5:30

I think the company is doing this incase the picket lines go back up. Think about it, if they do, then management has more time to play with. Let's say it takes 2 or 3 hours for A-shift to get through to work, then the company has 7 or 8 hours to run the line. They can run it right up until 5:30 because B-shift will take that long, if not longer, to get into the plant also. At that point, there will also be no problem for parking. If the picket lines arent there, then either its show me the money, or still the 8 hour same old same old.

On another note...Anyone else getting fed up with being called Oakwood? BON can't even get it right. :doh::finger:

Edited by lauraleez

I think the company is doing this incase the picket lines go back up. Think about it, if they do, then management has more time to play with. Let's say it takes 2 or 3 hours for A-shift to get through to work, then the company has 7 or 8 hours to run the line. They can run it right up until 5:30 because B-shift will take that long, if not longer, to get into the plant also. At that point, there will also be no problem for parking. If the picket lines arent there, then either its show me the money, or still the 8 hour same old same old.

On another note...Anyone else getting fed up with being called Oakwood? BON can't even get it right. :doh::finger:

The CEP workers have reached a tentative agreement.

That is such bull shit they just do not want to call back any layoffs. If any of those guys do the jobs then they need to grow some balls. I'm sorry if i offened any body but it's true.

Ya think? As I've said time and time again in this thread they're not gonna bother bringing back the layed off until we go 3 shifts.....they just are not needed at this time. Given the fact the material handling crew on midnights has been dong the square root of fuck all since August, it was a no brainer it was gonna get dumped until things pick up.

As for them growing balls and not doing the jobs....what argument do they have other than being pissed off and lazy? Frankly....I don't feel sorry for them as they don't have anything to bitch about. They knew the repurcussions of bidding over to the midnight crew. For those that forget.....it was very clear on the job ads that successful C-shift applicants could be used as the company saw fit during the launch process right up until as late as spring of 2007. It was also clearly pointed out that if market conditions warranted it, the C-shift would be the first to suffer from that with possible lay off time up to 3 months before bumping rights could be executed. IMO....if you have a problem with that you shouldn't have bid to that shift in the first place so STFU and suck it up.

There's gonna be a s--t load of first aids and steward calls!! Let the games begin!

I always find the first aid guys amusing. Do they honestly think going to the clinic accomplishes anything? The company doesn't give a shit because the job gets done regardless thanks to the guy they are fucking over.....the leader.

Edited by WTF????

Ya think? As I've said time and time again in this thread they're not gonna bother bringing back the layed off until we go 3 shifts.....they just are not needed at this time. Given the fact the material handling crew on midnights has been dong the square root of fuck all since August, it was a no brainer it was gonna get dumped until things pick up.

As for them growing balls and not doing the jobs....what argument do they have other than being pissed off and lazy? Frankly....I don't feel sorry for them as they don't have anything to bitch about. They knew the repurcussions of bidding over to the midnight crew. For those that forget.....it was very clear on the job ads that successful C-shift applicants could be used as the company saw fit during the launch process right up until as late as spring of 2007. It was also clearly pointed out that if market conditions warranted it, the C-shift would be the first to suffer from that with possible lay off time up to 3 months before bumping rights could be executed. IMO....if you have a problem with that you shouldn't have bid to that shift in the first place so STFU and suck it up.

I always find the first aid guys amusing. Do they honestly think going to the clinic accomplishes anything? The company doesn't give a shit because the job gets done regardless thanks to the guy they are fucking over.....the leader.

Been there , done that. I would rather work on the line than be a leader again.

You know what maybe I'm just too optimistic for our laid off brothers and sisters butI still think that even with the material handling people we are still going to need some bodies maybe 20 per shift. So lets hope!!! Thats a start!!!

Well, a few weeks ago they were putting everyone on the U model back into trim or chassis just so they could run. There are still a lot of people that have holidays coming up and that is really going to screw things up for Ford. Also, I know that my leader doesn't know half the jobs on the line because he's never bothered to learn them yet (he got in charge of the line with the new model). I need a bathroom, I gotta stop the line. Really bad planning on managements part, but I guess when the $hit hits the fan we'll see. Also with running 1 vehicle in the space of 4 gives people enough time to do their jobs, but what happens when we do steady? The company just doesn't have the manpower for that. Better off to bring back some people from lay off, train them now rather than later so things flow smoother.

Seems the company is laying down obstacles for itself to stumble into later. They want a successful launch but don't have the necessary plans (or foresight) to make it successful.

post-24580-1159681575_thumb.jpg

Yep these companies (The Small 3 as I like to call them) are all about short term solutions to wash their hands clean for the time being....all just to come bite them in the a$$ later.

As for the 10hrs...ummm guys, they posted that before if you all remember and what did we end up working...9 - 9.5 hrs... Look at it this way, fall is here, shitty/rainy weather is coming, what better time of year to rake in the big money. And really here...isn't it easy money afterall?? :D

Oh and "scuzzi", ya I'll cover your job when you need a washroom, you can just let me go home early :P