Question for the Trades

As everyone knows we are having a little shake up here at KCAP. We are losing a shift of F150 production and the SUV side will no longer be working OT.

As I understand it now SUV will be working and A,B, and a C shift.

A= Mon-Thurs dayshift 10 hrs at 40 hours straight time pay

B= Tues-Fri afternoon shift 10 hrs at 40 hours straight time pay+ 5% shift premium

C= Fri, Sat day shift 10 hours and Sun Mon afternoon 10 hours. at 40 hours straight time pay + 10 % shift premium

Are any of you working this or have worked this arangement before? If so how are the distributing the trades to have enough coverage to support this schedule?

Thank you!

As everyone knows we are having a little shake up here at KCAP. We are losing a shift of F150 production and the SUV side will no longer be working OT.

As I understand it now SUV will be working and A,B, and a C shift.

A= Mon-Thurs dayshift 10 hrs at 40 hours straight time pay

B= Tues-Fri afternoon shift 10 hrs at 40 hours straight time pay+ 5% shift premium

C= Fri, Sat day shift 10 hours and Sun Mon afternoon 10 hours. at 40 hours straight time pay + 10 % shift premium

Are any of you working this or have worked this arangement before? If so how are the distributing the trades to have enough coverage to support this schedule?

Thank you!

Ha Ha Ha......You may like this or you may not. DTP runs the 3 crew. The trades work 8 hr days but they work a 7 day rotating schedule. Work 7 , get 2 off. Work next 7, get 2 more. Eventually you get a long weekend. No 1 1/2 or double for your Sat/Sun if its not your off day. Yeah thought you'd love it.

Ha Ha Ha......You may like this or you may not. DTP runs the 3 crew. The trades work 8 hr days but they work a 7 day rotating schedule. Work 7 , get 2 off. Work next 7, get 2 more. Eventually you get a long weekend. No 1 1/2 or double for your Sat/Sun if its not your off day. Yeah thought you'd love it.

Was this concession voted on, or just "delivered" to the trades?

so you are tellling me you are working 7 days straight (56 hours) with no overtime?? What moron would agree with this? Did the International tell you this is the way to keep the plant open or was this a a part of your COA (cover our ass and to hell with everyone else)? I have heard some inane sh*t before but this would take the top prize for stupidity.

Mike

so you are tellling me you are working 7 days straight (56 hours) with no overtime?? What moron would agree with this? Did the International tell you this is the way to keep the plant open or was this a a part of your COA (cover our ass and to hell with everyone else)? I have heard some inane sh*t before but this would take the top prize for stupidity.

Mike

We don't work seven straight days in the same pay period. We are off Wed/Thu then work seven, off Fri/Sat, then work six, then off Sat/Sun/Mon/Tu, then work seven back to Wed/Thu. we do get time and a quarter for Sat or Sun if they are our normal day to work. It's a pretty sucky schedule if you have a family as you only have 2 Sat and 1 Sun off every four weeks.

We are still in the dark on how this will affect the trades. I do believe the system that is used in MI will not work here in Missouri, the labor laws are different! Nobody is looking forward to what is coming and are still waiting...............................

We have labor laws too. This is all about the COA. If your building says OK, then you'll see a similair schedule.

We have labor laws too. This is all about the COA. If your building says OK, then you'll see a similair schedule.

It is not a COA concession it is a seven day operations schedule. Art IV Sec 12. The 1 1/4 time Sat and Sun have been in Vol 1 for years. I am not saying it doesn't suck I am just pointing out that it is not due to recent concessions.

You forgot to mention that at DTP we are obligated to work the Company paid Holidays if they fall on our scheduled day at only time and a half.It is the worst schedule everif you are trying to have a family.My guess is that when DTP starts back with two production shifts that trades will still be on the 7 day schedule.The company loves having trades working Saturday and Sunday at time and a quarter. :happy feet:

You forgot to mention that at DTP we are obligated to work the Company paid Holidays if they fall on our scheduled day at only time and a half.It is the worst schedule everif you are trying to have a family.My guess is that when DTP starts back with two production shifts that trades will still be on the 7 day schedule.The company loves having trades working Saturday and Sunday at time and a quarter. :happy feet:

bullshit! I've been on this 7day schedule for 21 years. Holidays are paid doubletime and a half for all hours worked! when you work your your RDO's its just like sat sun 1 1/2 and 2. Believe me, you make more money on 7day . It all works out in the wash. I agree about the family thing but you get one 4day weekend per month.you also get 35cents per hour extra. IT's all in the contract. Also you you get paid a 40hr,44hr,44hr,56hr weeks with 7 days off instead of 8 per month. :shades:

Edited by takeme back 2blue

bullshit! I've been on this 7day schedule for 21 years. Holidays are paid doubletime and a half for all hours worked! when you work your your RDO's its just like sat sun 1 1/2 and 2. Believe you make more money on 7day . It all works out in the wash. I agree about the family thing but you get one 4day weekend per month.you also get 35cents per hour extra. IT's all in the contract. :shades:

There are a lot of brothers and sisters who voted on and approved these schedules. Many of the senior-most members really enjoy the alternative schedules. There are a few shifts that suck a little more than the rest...where most of the lower seniority end up....and it seems that they have a point about their lack of family life ....

But let me ask you this...what kind of a family life do you really have on a normal 2 shift operation...as a low seniority person on the afternoon shift?

No family dinners...no late night movies....kids? well you'll see them in the summer when school is out, banking and doctor/dental appointments....thats what weekends are for right?

I think a lot of the complaints on here are from transferees who don't like it and may not have voted for it....but when you do a real side by side comparison of the advantages and disadvantages....you will see why most of the membership enjoys their alternative schedules, and why it is only a small minority on here that dissaproves. JMO

There are a lot of brothers and sisters who voted on and approved these schedules. Many of the senior-most members really enjoy the alternative schedules. There are a few shifts that suck a little more than the rest...where most of the lower seniority end up....and it seems that they have a point about their lack of family life ....

But let me ask you this...what kind of a family life do you really have on a normal 2 shift operation...as a low seniority person on the afternoon shift?

No family dinners...no late night movies....kids? well you'll see them in the summer when school is out, banking and doctor/dental appointments....thats what weekends are for right?

I think a lot of the complaints on here are from transferees who don't like it and may not have voted for it....but when you do a real side by side comparison of the advantages and disadvantages....you will see why most of the membership enjoys their alternative schedules, and why it is only a small minority on here that dissaproves. JMO

I wasn't bitchin, fatso was. This is normal life for me. THe funny thing is most tradesmen work every day and holiday they can anyway! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: