Drove By A Flex At Dealer Tonight

It was all black it looked pretty nice. Didn't make a good impression with my mom though. I told her that will be our next vehicle since there are no more mini-vans and my chair won't fit in the Edge. She didn't like the Flex at all...EEK! She said it looked like a war vehicle!

It was all black it looked pretty nice. Didn't make a good impression with my mom though. I told her that will be our next vehicle since there are no more mini-vans and my chair won't fit in the Edge. She didn't like the Flex at all...EEK! She said it looked like a war vehicle!

Try the TX

A war vehicle? That's a new one.

Well did you like it? It sounds like you're about ready to get one.

I test drove a Flex a few days ago, an SEL model. It drove very nicely, and we're waiting for a Limited model to arrive at our dealer to test it as well. My only thought is the front headrest is angled a little bit too forward to be comfortable, as some others have mentioned.

Edited by rmc523

I test drove a Flex a few days ago, an SEL model. It drove very nicely, and we're waiting for a Limited model to arrive at our dealer to test it as well. My only thought is the front headrest is angled a little bit too forward to be comfortable, as some others have mentioned.

Your ford dealer lets a 18 year old kid test drive a brand new vehicle? Wish our's would.

Your ford dealer lets a 18 year old kid test drive a brand new vehicle? Wish our's would.

Today, I saw 3 Flexes at Redlands Ford. Each was a different color. We did not get out of the car because I did not want to be mobbed by sales vultures. I was impressed. They did not look as long and tall as I thought they would be. Maybe that is because I own an '04 F-250 crew cab long bed 4X4. Very nice vehicles nonethless.

Edited by DUCKRACER

Well, 1) my mom was with me, so it's not like I was alone and 2) our salesperson has known my parents since before I was born.

Really? Hmmm, sad to hear that, sorry.......not to rub it in (okay maybe I am) but I was also allowed to drive BMWs (335) and Range Rover Sports about a year or so ago when I was 17 before we got the 3 (and we weren't really actually considering the RRS because you can get a more feature-filled Expedition for much cheaper, except it's not as fast or cool of course, to tie this to mlmh's thread in the Discussion Forum, we were "considering" it.).

Today, I saw 3 Flexes at Redlands Ford. Each was a different color. We did not get out of the car because I did not want to be mobbed by sales vultures. I was impressed. They did not look as long and tall as I thought they would be. Maybe that is because I own an '04 F-250 crew cab long bed 4X4. Very nice vehicles nonethless.

I hate being swarmed by salespeople....I think it's kinda funny to tell them I'm with Herb (our salesperson) and to see them mope away.