Proved: There is no climate crisis

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A summit in Guadalahara Mexico among leaders of Canada, United States, and Mexico August 9th and 10th will discuss "climate change". I guess that Obama is going to lay down the law regardless of what a large segment of the people think. This is not about controlling the climate, which can't be done. It is about controlling and taking away freedom from the people. The US has the power to adversly affect the economies of Canada and Mexico if they refuse to go along with his push towards Totalitarianism.

I just found this. Thought it might add some science and study to the mix. Click on some of the articles. Seems to be very well documented...

http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/press/pr...ate_crisis.html

Edited by DUCKRACER

I just found this. Thought it might add some science and study to the mix. Click on some of the articles. Seems to be very well documented...

http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/press/pr...ate_crisis.html

hate to rake up some muck, but I believe this was already addressed and if memory serves there was some monied interests that provided the 'science' behind this point of view, but my memory might be getting gone or something.

hate to rake up some muck, but I believe this was already addressed and if memory serves there was some monied interests that provided the 'science' behind this point of view, but my memory might be getting gone or something.

Are you so naive to thing that the PRO agw so-called scientists are self-funded? At the very least this proves that there is no "consensus"

If the people of the world can be made to believe that there is a serious threat to the planet, this will make it easier to create a global government. This is the whole purpose of the global warming brainwash. I don't want a global government. I don't even want the amount of government that we have now. I want a lot less government. What is it about people that makes them want to become slaves? The whole lot should be dealt with like they did in the old days when they came to town selling their fake snake oil: Tar and feathering and ridden out of town on a rail. Vote all of these left-wing crooks out of office.

If the people of the world can be made to believe that there is a serious threat to the planet, this will make it easier to create a global government. This is the whole purpose of the global warming brainwash. I don't want a global government. I don't even want the amount of government that we have now. I want a lot less government. What is it about people that makes them want to become slaves? The whole lot should be dealt with like they did in the old days when they came to town selling their fake snake oil: Tar and feathering and ridden out of town on a rail. Vote all of these left-wing crooks out of office.

Yep, I agree.

I agree, mostly less government is good, but labeling hte lefties as the only guilty ones is a mistake as every administration has grown the government, and most of them the debt, although I don't know about commie Canada TRIM. As for people wanting to be slaves, I don't think that is how they are selling it or it wouldn't sell!

Are you so naive to thing that the PRO agw so-called scientists are self-funded? At the very least this proves that there is no "consensus"

i tend to think about things a bit more than average, and there might not be a consensus, but if you ask those whom think about the environment for a living there is more consensus then well heeled and moneyed interests would have you believe. For those that are making money on the status quo and own most of your cable radio channels and what is left of your newspapers, throwing a little money at making it look like there is no consensus makes great business sense, survival of the fittest. The sky might not be falling, it is being held in place by the theory of gravity, but if you blow enough smoke clouds eventually you'll get some of the smoke in your eyes!, or if you pee in the pool enough times you get...

well that might not be the most tasteful way to illustrate that man can have an effect on the global environment.

Cap, Watch this video and I think you will begin to understand the stupidity of the program.

In short, the government borrows $4500.

Then use it to buy a perfectly serviceable car, no other kind is eligible for Cash for Clunkers.

Then crush the car.

Keep in mind that they could have sold just as many cars if they hadn't decided to crush the trade ins.

A lot of the C4C cars are barely servicable. The Volvo is an exception. No one is killing cars that are worth more than $4,500 as a trade.

About 250,000 sold on the 1st billion. Should be around 750,000 by the time C4C is done.

So where did the rest of the money go? Even putting them all at 4500 would add up to 10% of the money. Dealers got 50 bucks for paperwork.

Seems like an expensive program.

A lot of the C4C cars are barely servicable. The Volvo is an exception. No one is killing cars that are worth more than $4,500 as a trade.

A lot of the cars would make fine used cars for people who don't have a lot of money. Now since we just take these cars out of the used car market what happens to used car prices since we just artificially shrank the supply?

I know that you wish that to be the case, but it is simply not true. By definition, the cars have to be roadworthy to qualify. I can post hundreds of video of vehicles just like the Volvo. Go to your dealer and take a look. $4500 in trade in value is at least $6000 (really closer to $9K) in retail value, the price that tax paying consumers have to pay for a car.

The economic stimulus is not improved in any way when they crush the cars. If you consider the energy required to recycle the old car, and then to manufacture the new car, it doesn't even make sense in terms of global warming. This is a perfect triumph of what "feels good" over science, the environment, or any form of common sense. To defend the destruction of the cars is just pure "toe the line" party obedient blather.

Our government is not so rich that it should be in the business of buying and throwing away cars. This program just reveals how incredibly stupid our representatives truly are.

When do we start buying houses and burning them down to stimulate the housing industry? Imagine how many fire fighters would be needed?

I know that you wish that to be the case, but it is simply not true. By definition, the cars have to be roadworthy to qualify. I can post hundreds of video of vehicles just like the Volvo. Go to your dealer and take a look. $4500 in trade in value is at least $6000 (really closer to $9K) in retail value, the price that tax paying consumers have to pay for a car.

The economic stimulus is not improved in any way when they crush the cars. If you consider the energy required to recycle the old car, and then to manufacture the new car, it doesn't even make sense in terms of global warming. This is a perfect triumph of what "feels good" over science, the environment, or any form of common sense. To defend the destruction of the cars is just pure "toe the line" party obedient blather.

Our government is not so rich that it should be in the business of buying and throwing away cars. This program just reveals how incredibly stupid our representatives truly are.

When do we start buying houses and burning them down to stimulate the housing industry? Imagine how many fire fighters would be needed?

That pretty much sums it up there. Who would have thought we would throw good money after actual junk! We are at Ludacrous speed.

3917443_std.jpg

Peace and Blessings

I wish I had said that. The last part really puts everything into a nutshell. The question is why does the government want to collapse our civilization? Do they want to replace it with one of Totalitarian government?

So where did the rest of the money go? Even putting them all at 4500 would add up to 10% of the money. Dealers got 50 bucks for paperwork.

Seems like an expensive program.

The DOT created three new offices and hired 80 employees for the clash for clunkers program. Cost estimates were around $8000.00 per vehicle transaction.

The latest estimates out now,say over $10,000.00 per vehicle transaction.

We all know that won't be the final number,and i'm sure we will never hear the final tally.