Camaro Officially Revealed

ANTAUS

Yep something for the masses Tim, Ford are incapable of making a coupe for Europe these days we have not seen a Ford sports car for years in Europe now they have lost the magic of the past, they think super boring would sell here we had the Probe, Puma and Cougar all were huge sales disasters for Ford the Capri was the last big hit for FOE that sold in big numbers.

Based on the success FoE is experiencing right now, it would seem that super boring DOES sell there. If the Probe, Puma, and Cougar were all sales disasters, can you blame them for being hesitant to enter that market again?

Edited by NickF1011

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on the success FoE is experiencing right now, it would seem that super boring DOES sell there. If the Probe, Puma, and Cougar were all sales disasters, can you blame them for being hesitant to enter that market again?

You are spot on dead right Nick, FOE should spend the money elsewhere because l just can't see them coming up with another hit the money would be wasted you are right as much as l would like to see them have a go and make a success of it l just can't see them making another hit it will end up more wasted money gone down the tube again.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Well then you're missing the point behind SVT. It was never intended to be a POWERTRAIN division. It was a performance division, and performance is more than horsepower. It's about handling, braking, accelerating, steering feel -- all working in harmony to deliver a superior driving experience.

If you want a stripper model with a huge engine, buy a stripper model and a crate engine and do it yourself. Most other people are demanding more complete packages from automakers these days.

I know all that. You bought their mission statement hook, line, and sinker.

I want the engine, brakes, and suspension. I don't want leather and luxury gizmos.

When you force people to buy the "total package" of exclusivity, you get to jack up the price.

Why should I have to build a car myself when all Ford has to do is put the GT500 engine, brakes, and suspension in a V6 body to make me happy? (Answer: Because Ford makes a lot more money that way.)

Why should I have to build a car myself when all Ford has to do is put the GT500 engine, brakes, and suspension in a V6 body to make me happy? (Answer: Because Ford makes a lot more money that way.)

Isnt that why they are in business? TO MAKE MONEY?

That doesn't mean I have to give them money for stuff I don't want.

I'm the guy who would've bought a '70-1/2 Falcon with a 429 Cobra Jet. You could do that stuff then, but you can't do it now. (And yes, I realize Ford isn't the only manufacturer doing this. I'm very thankful that Ford offers the Mustang GT.)

I know all that. You bought their mission statement hook, line, and sinker.

I want the engine, brakes, and suspension. I don't want leather and luxury gizmos.

When you force people to buy the "total package" of exclusivity, you get to jack up the price.

I do agree on the jacking up the price part lately, mostly due to nothing more than a name. When I was a big fan of SVT and their products, those products were very affordable. I paid under $27,000 for my Cobra brand new. Back in those days, the Cobra really was nothing more than a V6 with better brakes, suspension, and engine. Add in a few unique body parts and it was a Cobra. I liked that philosophy more than their current direction.

However, many would call added brakes, suspension, and body modifications a "complete package" as well. Then there are others who say that SVT's products don't go FAR ENOUGH.

I guess it's just a fact of life in the auto industry....you can't please everybody.