Moon & Tune MSRP

jhgraves5767

Some dealers are displaying a Ford sticker on 2009 Fusions with the Moon & Tune Value option at $1,220 with a $425 discount on the sticker, but my favorite dealer has what appears to be an official Ford window sticker on the 2009 Fusions in his lot with the $1,220 price for Moon & Tune without the discount which seems to overprice his Fusions by $425. It makes me question his honesty. Am I jumping to the wrong conclusion? Does someone understand the 2009 Fusion pricing well enough to explain this discrepancy? By the way, the official Ford Web site lists the MSRP of Moon and Tune on the Fusion at $795, and it doesn't discuss the $1,220 price with a $425 discount. You can find this pricing ($1,220 list minus $425 discount) on Edmonds and Kelly. No site prices Moon & Tune at $1,220 without the discount. Please educate me on why my favorite dealer is doing this.

• 3 weeks later...
Some dealers are displaying a Ford sticker on 2009 Fusions with the Moon & Tune Value option at $1,220 with a $425 discount on the sticker, but my favorite dealer has what appears to be an official Ford window sticker on the 2009 Fusions in his lot with the $1,220 price for Moon & Tune without the discount which seems to overprice his Fusions by $425. It makes me question his honesty. Am I jumping to the wrong conclusion? Does someone understand the 2009 Fusion pricing well enough to explain this discrepancy? By the way, the official Ford Web site lists the MSRP of Moon and Tune on the Fusion at $795, and it doesn't discuss the $1,220 price with a $425 discount. You can find this pricing ($1,220 list minus $425 discount) on Edmonds and Kelly. No site prices Moon & Tune at $1,220 without the discount. Please educate me on why my favorite dealer is doing this.

is the price on the main marony? the one with all the options and prices and has a blue oval in the middle of it. if so it has nothing to do with the dealer as that is from the factory. sometimes when a model ships there are mistakes on the sheet.

i would talk to the dealer about it, they might have forgot to change the marony.

is the price on the main marony? the one with all the options and prices and has a blue oval in the middle of it. if so it has nothing to do with the dealer as that is from the factory. sometimes when a model ships there are mistakes on the sheet.

i would talk to the dealer about it, they might have forgot to change the marony.

Here is an example of this issue on a sticker on Ford's dealerconnection Web site: http://apps.dealerconnection.com/dealers/k...lerPACode=02163 Because the sticker does not contain this discount on this Ford website, I think this is a Ford issue. Although I was a little rattled when I first noticed it, I don't believe this is something created by a dealer misstep. I really doubt that this particular dealer would make that kind of error since they have been totally honest and above board with me on both large and small issues for the past 17 years that I have been buying cars and getting service from them.

I discussed this with a salesman at the dealership. He explained that he understood that the moon & tune discount is only available on V-6 models, but not the 4-cylinder models. That explanation is consistent with the window stickers (with blue ovals) on Fusions in the dealer lot. I decided I didn't care one way or the other after I drove both the V-6 and 4-cylinder models. I liked the V-6 so much better that I ordered one of those.

By the way, I have never heard of the word marony, nor could I find a definition online. What does that mean?

It's Monroney: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monroney_Label

Some of those package discounts were local promotions only - not sure how they're shown on the sticker.

Thank you for that information on the definition of Monroney. I included a link to the Monroney sticker in my earlier post. Here it is again. http://apps.dealerconnection.com/dealers/k...lerPACode=02163 The puzzling thing is that the price for the Moon & Tune Value Package on the Monroney sticker is $425 higher than the price for the same package on the Ford Web site and $425 higher than last year. It seems like such a big and surprisingly inconsistent pricing difference. Hopefully, Ford isn't violating some clause in the Monroney legislation that launched these disclosure stickers. Whoever knows the reason for this pricing difference isn't talking. Oh well. Thanks again.

According to kbb.com the $795 option price includes a $425 discount, meaning the original price was $1220 as shown on your invoice.

Moon & Tune Pkg* • SEL 692.00 795.00

(N/A S or SE) (Deletes Std Reading Lights) Includes Power Moon Roof & Audiophile AM/FM Stereo w/6-Disc CD Changer & MP3.

Net Prices Shown Include Discounts of $370.00 Invoice & $425.00 Retail.

Sounds like they added the discount after that vehicle was manufactured.

• 4 weeks later...
I discussed this with a salesman at the dealership. He explained that he understood that the moon & tune discount is only available on V-6 models, but not the 4-cylinder models. That explanation is consistent with the window stickers (with blue ovals) on Fusions in the dealer lot. I decided I didn't care one way or the other after I drove both the V-6 and 4-cylinder models. I liked the V-6 so much better that I ordered one of those.

By the way, I have never heard of the word marony, nor could I find a definition online. What does that mean?

I ordered a 4-cyl model and the discount on the moon and toon was included

• 4 weeks later...

I can't speak on the 4 and 6 cylinder issue, but.......

I had the same issue with a 2009 Focus which I just bought. Anyway, if you look at that sticker on the link above and add the numbers 22,410 + 695 + 1,220 = 22,900!!! Yet, the sticker shows 22,475.... so. although the sticker doesn't show the 425 discount, it is subtracted in the math computation..... as it was on my Focus....