KTP to get the F-150 and econoline van too

ktpworker69

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch for the F150 and econoline van to move to KTP as well. The econoline van will run with the super duty on chassis line 1 and the Expedition, Navigator, and the F150 will run together on chassis line 2.

There has been talk for a long time of us getting at least the new 150 diesel because we are already set up for diesel...and the econoline rumor has been around for years.

I didn't see anything in the press release about what happened to the production at the Cuautitlan Plant with the production of the F-650 and F-750's. It makes sense to move it at KTP.

Plus, will they cancel laying off the 300 people with the Navigator and Expediton coming to KTP?

they may still be some temp layoffs, but we will start the expedition and navigator they will be working

Watch for the F150 and econoline van to move to KTP as well. The econoline van will run with the super duty on chassis line 1 and the Expedition, Navigator, and the F150 will run together on chassis line 2.

EVan cutaways are going there and LAP will get the Transitt and another SUV.

There will be 3 shifts at KTP,DTP,KC and LAP,WAP and maybe Chicago in the next 3 years.Fiesta and Fusion also.

3 shifts engine plants at Lima,DEP,WEP and REP also. Mexico also for the Fiesta engine.

4 10's is the way forward and it's cheaper to build.

I seen the article on here somewhere saying ford will build the evan/transit van at Avon in 2013 but if that happens then some other ass. plant will close. 2 million sales a year in USA wont require 9 ass. plants 10 if u count MTP. 12 if u count the Edge and Crown Vic plant and the 2 Mexican plants.

Simular platforms means more then 1 vehicle at a plant right?/ isn't that the idea?? Camry and Sienna mini van are assembles at the same plant on the same trim lines why can't Ford do this?? They will!!

Edited by CSMJ

KTP is getting the transit CONNECT. There is a difference between the Transit (full size) and Transit Connect. The Transit (full size) will be built at OHAP along with the Econoline initially.

I hope that happens but we all know Ford wants out of OHIO because OHIO is 47th in corp. taxes.

Thats driving alot of factories out of OHIO look at GM. There closing several!!

I still believe what the Avon Lake mayor said last year that OAP could close in 2010 or 2011. Thats the mayor talking that means something, I don't see any other mayor's anywhere saying that.

Kent. and Mich. taxes are ALOT lower!!!!! Thats a FACT!!!!!!!!!!

Maumee/Botavia/ and 2 for sure at the Cleveland site and maybe all 3. Sharonsville and Lima have favorable COA's thus there both getting new work now not work promises 5 years from now! We at cleve. were promised a new engine line in 1999 nat'l contract and it's still closed!!!!!So promises are not a sure bet.

Edited by CSMJ

I hope that happens but we all know Ford wants out of OHIO because OHIO is 47th in corp. taxes.

Thats driving alot of factories out of OHIO look at GM. There closing several!!

Kent. and Mich. taxes are ALOT lower!!!!! Thats a FACT!!!!!!!!!!

Maumee/Botavia/ and 2 for sure at the Cleveland site and maybe all 3. Sharonsville and Lima have favorable COA's thus there both getting new work now not work promises 5 years from now! We at cleve. were promised a new engine line in 1999 nat'l contract and it's still closed!!!!!So promises are not a sure bet.

That is very true.

EVan cutaways are going there and LAP will get the Transitt and another SUV.

There will be 3 shifts at KTP,DTP,KC and LAP,WAP and maybe Chicago in the next 3 years.Fiesta and Fusion also.

3 shifts engine plants at Lima,DEP,WEP and REP also. Mexico also for the Fiesta engine.

4 10's is the way forward and it's cheaper to build.

I seen the article on here somewhere saying ford will build the evan/transit van at Avon in 2013 but if that happens then some other ass. plant will close. 2 million sales a year in USA wont require 9 ass. plants 10 if u count MTP. 12 if u count the Edge and Crown Vic plant and the 2 Mexican plants.

Simular platforms means more then 1 vehicle at a plant right?/ isn't that the idea?? Camry and Sienna mini van are assembles at the same plant on the same trim lines why can't Ford do this?? They will!!

Stop trying to place the transit anywhere but OHAP.Thats where its going,its been made clear over and over again.Transit to OHAP. period!

AGAIN.

"Econoline, Transit: After decades of flirting with the idea, Ford plans to move to a single global full-size van platform. The van, code-named V363, will be based on the Transit van now sold in Europe. The Transit is available in a variety of sizes and configurations, including FWD and RWD.

The North American Transit is expected to go into production for the 2012 model year at Ford's assembly plant in Avon Lake, Ohio, which now produces the E-Series van. The E-Series, also called the Econoline, is expected to be discontinued when U.S. production of the Transit begins.

Sources said Ford expects global Transit volume of between 400,000 and 500,000 vans annually."

KTP is getting the transit CONNECT. There is a difference between the Transit (full size) and Transit Connect. The Transit (full size) will be built at OHAP along with the Econoline initially.

YOUR STUPID, Transit Connect will be imported from Turkey, learn how to read. :slug: Now i know why I moved from Ohio. :shrug:

Edited by kalu

YOUR STUPID, Transit Connect will be imported from Turkey, learn how to read. :slug:

No your stupid!The connect will start as an import and then it will be built in Louisville.

You learn how to read!

"Transit Connect: Ford will import the 2010 Transit Connect, a small delivery van sold in Europe. The FWD van is assembled in Turkey on a reinforced version of C1, the European Ford Focus platform.

Ford is expected to build the Transit Connect in North America for the 2013 model year. Assembly location likely will be in Louisville. With higher gasoline prices, Ford anticipates demand for a four-cylinder, fuel-efficient van that can be used for small-item delivery or by some tradespeople."

No your stupid!The connect will start as an import and then it will be built in Louisville.

You learn how to read!

"Transit Connect: Ford will import the 2010 Transit Connect, a small delivery van sold in Europe. The FWD van is assembled in Turkey on a reinforced version of C1, the European Ford Focus platform.

Ford is expected to build the Transit Connect in North America for the 2013 model year. Assembly location likely will be in Louisville. With higher gasoline prices, Ford anticipates demand for a four-cylinder, fuel-efficient van that can be used for small-item delivery or by some tradespeople."

Dale, don't even waste your time. Some people are eager to cut others' throats and aren't interested in what is true. You are absolutely correct on what you've stated. Enough said.

:hysterical: Thats a good one.

YOUR STUPID, Transit Connect will be imported from Turkey, learn how to read. :slug: Now i know why I moved from Ohio. :shrug:

Shouldn't that be YOU'RE? As in "You are"? (A contraction). For the record, I'm glad you moved from Ohio. :shades: Makes us look better.

You learn how to read!

Yep, your STUPID, Ford is ( EXPECTED ) to build the Transit Connect, EXPECTED, dummy.. Show me where they say IT will.. :headscratch:

Dale, don't even waste your time. Some people are eager to cut others' throats and aren't interested in what is true. You are absolutely correct on what you've stated. Enough said.

All speculation. And who said I was cutting anyones throat, show me the facts..

Edited by kalu

Impossible. KTP would have to have a capacity close to 750,000 to 1 million vehicles per year for that to happen, considering you would be building the

F-150

Super Duties

Expedition

Navigator

Econolines

If Ford's volumes of those products dropped so low that they could all be build at one assembly plant, Ford would be closed.

Impossible. KTP would have to have a capacity close to 750,000 to 1 million vehicles per year for that to happen, considering you would be building the

F-150

Super Duties

Expedition

Navigator

Econolines

If Ford's volumes of those products dropped so low that they could all be build at one assembly plant, Ford would be closed.

That is what I'm trying to say. I wish it could be pulled off, what an accomplishment that would be.

That is what I'm trying to say. I wish it could be pulled off, what an accomplishment that would be.

Back in the Super Duty's prime we were working three shifts plus saturday nights . With line speed increases it could be possible... :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

F-150

Super Duties

Expedition

Navigator

Econolines

back in 1999 our order bank was over 200,000