The cars from Europe will, 'SAVE US'

Fatso

this just out today answers your question directly.

Executive Q&A with Alan Mulally,

President and Chief Executive Officer

Q: Will we be able to achieve adequate profitability with the anticipated changes to our product mix (more small cars in the U.S. market)?

-- Michael Schneider, Research & Advanced Engineering

A: We expect to earn respectable returns on our small car portfolio in North America as we do in many other parts of the world. This is due, in part, to fully competitive revenues that will be supported by exciting designs, world-class craftsmanship, leading-edge infotainment systems, and class-leading fuel economy -- attributes customers want and value. On the cost side, we will benefit from economies of scale from leveraging global platforms and parts through execution of our One Ford strategy. This should provide us with material cost reduction opportunities, as well as structural cost savings through shared engineering and tooling.

We also will benefit from building these great new products in flexible assembly plants where we expect capacity will match consumer demand. These products, along with the other vehicles in our lineup, will benefit from the lean structure we have put in place over the past two and a half years -- and which we are continuing to improve. Finally, the small car portfolio, along with all the other vehicles we will offer in North America, will benefit from the range of business improvements we have achieved and are working to accelerate there such as quality that is among the best in industry, an improved brand image, dealership consolidation, disposition of the ACH entities, and so forth.

Have a wonderful day!

And the beat goes on with Ford Management,,,RIGHT as RAIN,,,,,Talk is cheap,,,,Whiskey costs money.A share of Ford Common stock is not worth a roll of dimes.I hope your confidence in Ford is proven justifiable.Has the two years started?On July 28th 2010 "Eurocars' not different versions of the Focus but an entirely new product,will be on dealer lots for sale?Those company Way Forward broadcasts are as credible as 'Willy Wonka', to me.

Edited by Fatso

That's a bit of a stretch. They were close looking down from 50,000 feet. Uniquely different in most regards on a part by part basis.

They will really look the same now...because they will be global platforms, most components getting put on and in them will be from global suppliers. This means that most of the components will be shipped in from overseas. Look out US parts suppliers!!

The 'KA' a 10 foot long two seater and something called the 'Fiesta' that reminds one of the Ford Aspire and some dreadfully ugly van is gonna save us?Ford need to get to work really hard on improving fuel economy of trucks and suv`s.

QUOTE (Fatso @ Jul 28 2008, 04:08 PM)

Now next question,how long before Ford is profitable again?I ask because as part of the "biggest home equity loan in history",Mullaly, Ford is contractually obligated to show a profit in 2009.

Fatso - I must have missed a document or statement that says this. Please refer me to a reliable source where I can view verbage that states this. Thanks.

And the beat goes on with Ford Management,,,RIGHT as RAIN,,,,,Talk is cheap,,,,Whiskey costs money.

Great slogans, but absolutely no substance.

Has the two years started?On July 28th 2010 "Eurocars' not different versions of the Focus but an entirely new product,will be on dealer lots for sale?Those company Way Forward broadcasts are as credible as 'Willy Wonka', to me.

Well then it looks as though your mind is made up. If the CEO's words have no credibility, then how would anyone posting here have better information? Why bother with discussion at all?

We're all doomed! :drop:

Better sign up for that buyout, cuz that's your view of the future, ain't no changin it.

Now if you think the Fiesta and KA are versions of the Focus, then that's what they'll be to you. I've seen these vehicles up close, and I like them. Obviously you don't. But they fill a market niche that Ford has neglected for more than a decade in this country.

Ive seen the C and S-max up close, I like them, you don't. What more is there?

I've seen the new Taurus up close, it's a fantastic car, and it's the only new domestic that comes close to current market demands. One car isn't going to pay the bills, and it too is at least a year or more from production.

The trucks that this company has traditionaly derived it's profits from are no longer selling. We have nothing designed "for the domestic market" that meets the current domestic market demand. Producing non-existant technology from thin air is just that thin air. Developing technology to the point it is safe and affordable takes time, and generaly just throwing more money at a problem does not solve it, witness Detroit Public Schools.

Honestly, there is nothing that is going to happen right this minute to change the situation. So what, give up, or do something to fill the product gap?

Wishin it weren't so isn't going to change the laws of physics, and that carbureter the oil companies conspired to supress is an urban legend, the internal combustion engine is stretched to it's limits. It's weight and drag, that' all that's left. Until other technologies are mature enough for sale, we gotta do what we can with the cards we have.

I think everyone understands what can happen when something gets rushed to market before the bugs are worked out. They're called RECALLS. Not something we want to see when your company is tied with the percieved leaders in quality, not to mention the costs of fixing it and law suits.

Generaly, you have a substantive basis for your position, but in this one, I think you formed an opinion and that's that.

I'm keeping my Ford stock, and buy more every week. I'm stayin the course, ain't takin no buy-out.

Have a splendiferous day!

Great slogans, but absolutely no substance.

Well then it looks as though your mind is made up. If the CEO's words have no credibility, then how would anyone posting here have better information? Why bother with discussion at all?

We're all doomed! :drop:

Better sign up for that buyout, cuz that's your view of the future, ain't no changin it.

Now if you think the Fiesta and KA are versions of the Focus, then that's what they'll be to you. I've seen these vehicles up close, and I like them. Obviously you don't. But they fill a market niche that Ford has neglected for more than a decade in this country.

Ive seen the C and S-max up close, I like them, you don't. What more is there?

I've seen the new Taurus up close, it's a fantastic car, and it's the only new domestic that comes close to current market demands. One car isn't going to pay the bills, and it too is at least a year or more from production.

The trucks that this company has traditionaly derived it's profits from are no longer selling. We have nothing designed "for the domestic market" that meets the current domestic market demand. Producing non-existant technology from thin air is just that thin air. Developing technology to the point it is safe and affordable takes time, and generaly just throwing more money at a problem does not solve it, witness Detroit Public Schools.

Honestly, there is nothing that is going to happen right this minute to change the situation. So what, give up, or do something to fill the product gap?

Wishin it weren't so isn't going to change the laws of physics, and that carbureter the oil companies conspired to supress is an urban legend, the internal combustion engine is stretched to it's limits. It's weight and drag, that' all that's left. Until other technologies are mature enough for sale, we gotta do what we can with the cards we have.

I think everyone understands what can happen when something gets rushed to market before the bugs are worked out. They're called RECALLS. Not something we want to see when your company is tied with the percieved leaders in quality, not to mention the costs of fixing it and law suits.

Generaly, you have a substantive basis for your position, but in this one, I think you formed an opinion and that's that.

I'm keeping my Ford stock, and buy more every week. I'm stayin the course, ain't takin no buy-out.

Have a splendiferous day!

How about an 8.7 billion dollar loss for the last quarter as substance.I would love to take a buyout but they ain`t offering enough upfront cash and I do not trust a company that is losing money to pay,,,,look give me a break here,,,you are optimistic,,,I am being a realist,,or okay a pessimist.Time will tell and I hope you are right.Money talks and bullshit walks.Ford aint making no money lately.I hope Americans can fit in those little 'Euro-Cars'

How about an 8.7 billion dollar loss for the last quarter as substance.I would love to take a buyout but they ain`t offering enough upfront cash and I do not trust a company that is losing money to pay,,,,look give me a break here,,,you are optimistic,,,I am being a realist,,or okay a pessimist.Time will tell and I hope you are right.Money talks and bullshit walks.Ford aint making no money lately.I hope Americans can fit in those little 'Euro-Cars'.Stop buying stock in a company that is constantly losing money.
How in the hell did I do that? Edited by Fatso

How about an 8.7 billion dollar loss for the last quarter as substance.

Because the big trucks and suvs aren't moving.

Ford aint making no money lately.

See above.

Time to try something else. Hey, what are people buying now?

Ugly little euro looking cars that get better milage, but look like aliens sent here to observe, only they are made by our competitors who had a longer term view of the market and took over where we were absent, and are still reporting profits because of it.

Have a fortuitous day! :ohsnap:

Because the big trucks and suvs aren't moving.

See above.

Time to try something else. Hey, what are people buying now?

Ugly little euro looking cars that get better milage, but look like aliens sent here to observe, only they are made by our competitors who had a longer term view of the market and took over where we were absent, and are still reporting profits because of it.

Fatso says {darn computers} Hey you do NOT have to convince me of whatever 'your opinion' is and you have no place chastising me for my opinion.Back to basics,the housing market picks up and Trucks will sell again.Fuel efficiency improves using new technology and SUV`s sell again and sorry but I never liked the Le Car from Renault either.The comment about the "aliens from other planets" does not necessarily apply to Ford`s competitors vehicles and I would not issue a blanket statement like that.Know what I hope you are right.My OPINION is that Ford shareholders would be betters served making a 'kick-ass' truck / SUV that gets great mileage.One last point.Financial advisers typically recommend against buying stock in the company you work for.It is putting too many eggs in one basket.

Edited by Fatso

Fatso says {darn computers} Hey you do NOT have to convince me of whatever 'your opinion' is and you have no place chastising me for my opinion.Back to basics,the housing market picks up and Trucks will sell again.Fuel efficiency improves using new technology and SUV`s sell again and sorry but I never liked the Le Car from Renault either.The comment about the "aliens from other planets" does not necessarily apply to Ford`s competitors vehicles and I would not issue a blanket statement like that.Know what I hope you are right.My OPINION is that Ford shareholders would be betters served making a 'kick-ass' truck / SUV that gets great mileage.One last point.Financial advisers typically recommend against buying stock in the company you work for.It is putting too many eggs in one basket.

Nobody has chastised you for your opinion, like you have chastised me for mine. I have presented supporting arguments for my position based on the basics, not snappy slogans like money talks and bull shit walks, or And the beat goes on with Ford Management,,,RIGHT as RAIN,,,,,Talk is cheap,,,,Whiskey costs money. Now that is chastising. That is belittling sarcasm.

No one said trucks and suvs were dead, it's just between now and when the technology is mature enough that the fuel efficiency meets market expectations for trucks and suvs, the companty needs to have product that returns revenue. This is an open forum, and if you take it personally that there are views contrary to your own, I just don't know how to respond to that. You opened with an opinion that you felt the path announced was unrealistic. I responded with an opposing viewpoint and backed it up with supporting arguments.

To chastise someone is to punish or scold them, point out where I have scolded or punished you? I have tried to provide a viewpoint with a basis, not simply sarcasm. Perhaps I may have responded to your sarcasm with a similar statement, but on the whole I can't see where the tone was scolding or punishing.

Nobody has chastised you for your opinion, like you have chastised me for mine. I have presented supporting arguments for my position based on the basics, not snappy slogans like money talks and bull shit walks, or And the beat goes on with Ford Management,,,RIGHT as RAIN,,,,,Talk is cheap,,,,Whiskey costs money. Now that is chastising. That is belittling sarcasm.

No one said trucks and suvs were dead, it's just between now and when the technology is mature enough that the fuel efficiency meets market expectations for trucks and suvs, the companty needs to have product that returns revenue. This is an open forum, and if you take it personally that there are views contrary to your own, I just don't know how to respond to that. You opened with an opinion that you felt the path announced was unrealistic. I responded with an opposing viewpoint and backed it up with supporting arguments.

To chastise someone is to punish or scold them, point out where I have scolded or punished you? I have tried to provide a viewpoint with a basis, not simply sarcasm. Perhaps I may have responded to your sarcasm with a similar statement, but on the whole I can't see where the tone was scolding or punishing.

Dude,

You are doing an excellent job! Keep the positive vibe flowing! You're facts and demeanor are definitely encouraging. I'm a big Mulally proponent, and contrary to what many may think, I think he's made all the right moves since coming on board. This was a sinking ship before he got here. Now, at least, we've got a fighting chance. Yes, we can and will bring the 6 European models over here, and build and sell them for a profit, because we own the proven platforms. Also, the American press is clamoring for Ford to make just such a move. So, we've got that going for us - which is nice. Ha, Ha.

Seriously though, Mulally is right-sizing the company, Kuzack is taking the engineering to the next level, Fowler is reaching new heights in QUALITY, Hinrichs is being groomed for success, and Farley will sell 'em like hotcakes.

Yeah, I'm a believer too!

Go Ford Motor, Go!

One Global Company. One Ford.

IF they keep the QUALITY top-notch, then Ford will definitely make it all the way back. IF...

IF we've learned anything, and I hope the Glass House Gang has too,

it's that "QUALITY is the KEY to SUCCESS!"

Sign me up for a new 2010 Fiesta. And I'll take a Kuga too.

How about an 8.7 billion dollar loss for the last quarter as substance.I would love to take a buyout but they ain`t offering enough upfront cash and I do not trust a company that is losing money to pay,,,,look give me a break here,,,you are optimistic,,,I am being a realist,,or okay a pessimist.Time will tell and I hope you are right.Money talks and bullshit walks.Ford aint making no money lately.I hope Americans can fit in those little 'Euro-Cars'

I wonder if Ford will get with Nutrisystem and start giving discounts on weight loss programs so we can fit in these cars? I for one would have a hard time fitting in one of those itty bitty cars they've been showing on TV from Europe. Maybe they'll offer an "F" (for FAT) plan to go along with the A plan?

Nothing can save us from our management. I asked this question to our site manager in Windsor when the Way Forward v1.0 was announced, and he said it just wasn't as easy as bringing vehicles over here. Quite obviously this reeks of desperation.

well, KTP is getting the expedition and navigator and my worry is getting these trucks up and running. our pathetic management cant even have a model year change without it being total chaos, so if they are gonna do this, management better get thier heads out of thier asses and do it. i hope it can be done, but im worried.

Edited by ktpworker69

well, KTP is getting the expedition and navigator and my worry is getting these trucks up and running. our pathetic management cant even have a model year change without it being total chaos, so if they are gonna do this, management better get thier heads out of thier asses and do it. i hope it can be done, but im worried.

The really scary thing about your comment is that I bet most of us on here could say the same thing about the management in our own plant. Scary indeed.

You work at Kentucky Truck your job is secure.KTP makes trucks for commercial purposes.Farmers and Builders need Trucks.What the USA economy could use right now is a Government funded public works program aimed at our nation`s infrastructure.I know what it is like being on the front lines of productivity at Ford.I have known nothing but working in Assembly Plants.Those are the places where management kicks ass and takes names.Yeah,the trucks you guys build will always be in demand.Good-Luck

I wonder if Ford will get with Nutrisystem and start giving discounts on weight loss programs so we can fit in these cars? I for one would have a hard time fitting in one of those itty bitty cars they've been showing on TV from Europe. Maybe they'll offer an "F" (for FAT) plan to go along with the A plan?

I am really not the 'BAD GUY' that I am being made out to be just because I am skeptical.I need Ford just as much as anybody else who works there I am just worried.Look at the financial sheet!MY GOODNESS.How did they lose 8.7 Billion Dollars in one quarter?I am worried that from this point Ford can actually benefit by going bankrupt then the pension I have been sweating for all these years will be handed over to the Federal Pension Guaranty Board.Okay,I get it,build fuel efficient cars and Europe is our model BUT if it was that easy and management was that smart we would have them already,as in like TODAY.I agree that fuel efficiency rules the day.How about making fuel efficient trucks and SUV`s?I am gonna get slammed but how about something like styrofoam seats?I mean hey it`s a truck.I wish everybody well.Good-Luck

Can the 'RAH-RAH' Bull$hit.In two years we find out and ya know what I HOPE FORD MAKES LOTS OF $$$$$$$.Mullally and Ford have a lot to prove.DO IT!

Are you ever going to answer my question? Where is a document that states Ford is obligated to turn a profit in 2009?

Also, someone who truly knows can correct me if I wrong, but I'm under the impression that the funds Ford mortgaged everything for is a line of credit and has yet to be drawn on. It's there when and if needed.

Are you ever going to answer my question? Where is a document that states Ford is obligated to turn a profit in 2009?

Also, someone who truly knows can correct me if I wrong, but I'm under the impression that the funds Ford mortgaged everything for is a line of credit and has yet to be drawn on. It's there when and if needed.

I don`t have that in writting for you,sir.Nor do I know where to find that in writting,sir.That does not mean it is not true,sir.You guys place 'on trial' and are awfully strict and intentionally difficult on anyone who dares to express a different opinion.My advice,if you work at Ford make every moment of everyday as productive as possible.I hope this company can somehow claw it`s way back to profitability.PROFITABILITY is GOD to the finincial markets.As of right now there is more than only one possible outcome.Bad news has been constantly flowing from Ford for years and now the entire industry is hurting,people are being let go.These facts are not slogans.I have said it many times I HOPE FORD SUCCEEDS and I go to work and I do what they tell me and I drive only Fords,okay?At this point the only way to convince me is to ,SHOW ME THE $$$$$$$$.Good Luck

Edited by Fatso

I don`t have that in writting for you,sir.Nor do I know where to find that in writting,sir.That does not mean it is not true,sir.You guys place 'on trial' and are awfully strict and intentionally difficult on anyone who dares to express a different opinion.My advice,if you work at Ford make every moment of everyday as productive as possible.I hope this company can somehow claw it`s way back to profitability.PROFITABILITY is GOD to the finincial markets.As of right now there is more than only one possible outcome.Bad news has been constantly flowing from Ford for years and now the entire industry is hurting,people are being let go.These facts are not slogans.I have said it many times I HOPE FORD SUCCEEDS and I go to work and I do what they tell me and I drive only Fords,okay?At this point the only way to convince me is to ,SHOW ME THE $$$$$$$$.Good Luck

I'm not being hard on you at all. I asked you to provide data for your statement. So, you're saying you have never seen what you stated in actual writing or know where to find it to back up your statement? If that's the case, you should probably refrain from repeatedly making that claim.

I don't see how a company can be legally obligated to turn a profit in a certain year. Far too many unknowns as we've found out.