Saline....Is it true?

whatunion?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part duex is supposed to come out tommorrow. How it was stated to me; "some people will be happy, And some will not"

So which "some" will be happy? and which "some" will not? I hate the word games and half stories. I want to know it all........good or bad. I think everyone in Saline has been hanging in limbo long enough. Just spit it out already.........

So which "some" will be happy? and which "some" will not? I hate the word games and half stories. I want to know it all........good or bad. I think everyone in Saline has been hanging in limbo long enough. Just spit it out already.........

What is your senority? :reading:

geez, imagine the can of worms....After Pete and Chuck told all the apprentices to give up their skilled trades status, and flow back as production....Some of those guys went to other plants and got layed off. Alot of people retired due to the advice of our local union. Now imagine the can of worms if ford takes the plant back over. I wonder if there is any legal recourse for those people to come back? :stirpot:

geez, imagine the can of worms....After Pete and Chuck told all the apprentices to give up their skilled trades status, and flow back as production....Some of those guys went to other plants and got layed off. Alot of people retired due to the advice of our local union. Now imagine the can of worms if ford takes the plant back over. I wonder if there is any legal recourse for those people to come back? :stirpot:

PLEASE! Spare me the theatrics!

We all knew that it was low risk/high reward when the flowback papers were signed. We were offered a chance to go to work at a Blue Oval Plant, versus staying to watch the sun set on the slowly sinking ship that is Saline ACH.

In my opinion, now is not the time to forget why you signed up to flowback in the first place:

Sure, the work is a little harder now at your new plant. Yes, the Temporary Layoffs are hard on the pocket book. Of course, you are now an "outsider" in your own plant. Uh huh, you've got a lot longer commute and the fuel bill to prove it. And yes, you probably miss spending your lunch hours in downtown Saline?...

BUT, you're at a Blue Oval Plant. You've got to remember to look at the big picture. And, in another few months you'll be able to bump to some other department that may be better than where you're at now.

So, you've got that going for you - which is nice.

The new rumor is, (and you heard it here first), that Visteon will be taking Saline back. Yes, it may very well be time to dust off that Visteon coffee mug, circa 1998 was it? Fu(k it, that's close enough. I'm too old for this shi+!

And another thing: Neither Tom nor Pete EVER suggested that the best course of action would be to sign up for flowback. They simply went over the facts with us. I know, because I asked both of them 14 ways to Sunday. That's horseshi+! Tom NEVER suggested to even think about leaving, and the last thing Pete said at the last union meeting was that he was going to stick it out, and if necessary, he would go into JSP for an indefinite period of time.

See you at the Woodward Dream Cruise... Vrooooom! :shades:

Edited by Hard-Drivin' Man

The new rumor is, (and you heard it here first), that Visteon will be taking Saline back. Yes, it may very well be time to dust off that Visteon coffee mug, circa 1998 was it? Fu(k it, that's close enough. I'm too old for this shi+!

Visteon? That's a new one. I haven't heard that one yet. If that did happen, I wonder what that would mean. Ford leasing us to Visteon again with the blue oval on our paychecks like it used to be? That would be cool.

It is not a rumor. Enjoy the rest of your trip! stay safe!

so many rumers, what are true??? I left last year and now am on ILO, it sucks being off after working many hours in saline then going to DTP down to 40 hours , down to ILO. Saline getting the blueoval back?? will have to wait to see that, if it does happen, it will be a mess going threw flowbacks offering people to come back, and what about all the low wage people they hired?? hit the road??

Just got out the meeting and they, really didnt give us much info other than JCI backed out of buying us. They said it will be business as usual and that Ford is not taking us over.

But my spin on this whole thing is that Ford might be taking us back and they just dont have all the details worked out enough to make that anouncement at this time. I figured that the only think to come out of the announcement was that JCI backed out. They dont have anything else figured out that they can tell us.

Just got out the meeting and they, really didnt give us much info other than JCI backed out of buying us. They said it will be business as usual and that Ford is not taking us over.

But my spin on this whole thing is that Ford might be taking us back and they just dont have all the details worked out enough to make that anouncement at this time. I figured that the only think to come out of the announcement was that JCI backed out. They dont have anything else figured out that they can tell us.

Just got woke up with a phone call here from somone telling me about the meeting. They said they announced that JCI backed out and that we would remain ACH indefinitely, and that all the improvements to the plant would continue. So I guess we're still on the selling block but there is no buyer at this time. But it sure doesn't have that same "sell it or close it" tone like they did when they announced all the ACH plants before. So if there is never a buyer (and who in their right mind WOULD get in the auto industry right now?) then I guess we remain ACH or in other words Ford. It looks like we're good for awhile anyway. She said the people that already transferred would not be returning so that is bad news for them. That's all I have.

Just got woke up with a phone call here from somone telling me about the meeting. They said they announced that JCI backed out and that we would remain ACH indefinitely, and that all the improvements to the plant would continue. So I guess we're still on the selling block but there is no buyer at this time. But it sure doesn't have that same "sell it or close it" tone like they did when they announced all the ACH plants before. So if there is never a buyer (and who in their right mind WOULD get in the auto industry right now?) then I guess we remain ACH or in other words Ford. It looks like we're good for awhile anyway. She said the people that already transferred would not be returning so that is bad news for them. That's all I have.
Saline sounds like ACH/Indy. Nobody wants us so we keep on chugging along until we run out of work. I would of been schocked if they would of let anybody come back due to the fact that you aren't a true blue plant, like us. We keep hearing there is a chance the blue oval comes back up, I don't think so because then the people that left might have the rights to return and they don't want that to happen...just my opinion.