So, did MTP's get their wish?

pillsbarry

So i had originally been offered a job at WAP, before everything was put on hold. Now i understand that MTP and WAP share the same local, and their were some discussion on these boards the MTP's got first crack at Wayne.

My question is, since there are now almost 200 less jobs at Wayne, did they reserve the other 200 for MTP?

How do i have a chance now to get into Wayne with all the people out now?

lastley, if they did indeed save jobs for MTP, why wasnt it ok for all them to sign up like everyone who was already working, laid off, in the JSP of ILO?

So i had originally been offered a job at WAP, before everything was put on hold. Now i understand that MTP and WAP share the same local, and their were some discussion on these boards the MTP's got first crack at Wayne.

My question is, since there are now almost 200 less jobs at Wayne, did they reserve the other 200 for MTP?

How do i have a chance now to get into Wayne with all the people out now?

lastley, if they did indeed save jobs for MTP, why wasnt it ok for all them to sign up like everyone who was already working, laid off, in the JSP of ILO?

IMO they probably don't know what is going on at MTP given the recent announcements they're probably trying to sort them out ....again just opinion

Long story short: Local 900 that covers WAP/ISA and MTP have an agreement in the local contract that if one plant or the other has a reduction in force that a person can slide over from one plant to another PROVIDING that person has 6yrs or more seniority. Being that WAP/ISA is adding a third shift to the plant MTP would have first crack.

Long story short: Local 900 that covers WAP/ISA and MTP have an agreement in the local contract that if one plant or the other has a reduction in force that a person can slide over from one plant to another PROVIDING that person has 6yrs or more seniority. Being that WAP/ISA is adding a third shift to the plant MTP would have first crack.

355 views and only 2 replies.

I find it funny that we can save jobs for MTP, but when Livonia took in a couple of hundred wixom, sheldon rd, and mazda folks, we were told it was the national contract that prevailed. We did not need them, they all had high seniority, and now, me and a couple hundred other folks were booted out while they got to stay.

so now, the only place that has jobs locally, we cannot go to because people who already are still working are having a job saved for them for later because of a local contract. Which is more important, the local or the national?

From the way things were explained to me was the local agreement tweaks the national for each locale. This is one of 900's "tweaks" Don't disagree or agree just the way that it is. From what we have read here on the boards and all there weren't many if any people in GEN. MTP has been on layoff since the last week of June; Rouge just went on layoff July 21st.

From the way things were explained to me was the local agreement tweaks the national for each locale. This is one of 900's "tweaks" Don't disagree or agree just the way that it is. From what we have read here on the boards and all there weren't many if any people in GEN. MTP has been on layoff since the last week of June; Rouge just went on layoff July 21st.

DTP stopped production the week of July 4th

355 views and only 2 replies.

I find it funny that we can save jobs for MTP, but when Livonia took in a couple of hundred wixom, sheldon rd, and mazda folks, we were told it was the national contract that prevailed. We did not need them, they all had high seniority, and now, me and a couple hundred other folks were booted out while they got to stay.

so now, the only place that has jobs locally, we cannot go to because people who already are still working are having a job saved for them for later because of a local contract. Which is more important, the local or the national?

Unless you have decent seniority you wouldn't want to go to Wayne in light of layoffs at MTP. Like a previous poster mentioned the wayne complex has, by way of local agreement, a clause that basically says if laid off from one wayne plant you can displace someone with less seniority at one of the other wayne buildings. I've simplified it because there is something about the amount of seniority a person has. From what I understand the Rouge has similar language. The issue at Livonia with higher seniority people displacing other Livonia people could still play out at Wayne, Rouge etc... The bottom line is seniority rules

Do you want to go to Wayne only to be displaced by someone with more seniority? Other posting's on here talked about MTP people following product to KTP I'm sure there is a lot to sort out. I would try to be patient. :shrug:

what i want is just a place to work. Moving out of state right now is not an option, and

if i am not able to get into wayne, Livonia is not taking us back anytime soon, where do we go?. It us just a damn

shame to lose i job i have held for over 10yrs.

our local told us they were putting us into the jsp early,in late june, so we could have first crack at

getting into Wayne. Obviously that plan was blown all to heck. But also, when the jobs went up for bid,

everyone in our plant was able to sign up. I saw the canceled list, and someone from Liv. with 1973 senority signed up

to go to wayne. Now, how am i or anyone else in the JSP or ILO supposed to feel about some selfish old codger who has a job

but goes and signs up for something better and takes away a job from someone who doesn't have one?

the sad fact is that mine and others days at ford are most certainly gone. I dont see how or where we will be able to get a job.

thats why i am trying to go back to school and get a degree, but at 42, that really sucks.

what i want is just a place to work. Moving out of state right now is not an option, and

if i am not able to get into wayne, Livonia is not taking us back anytime soon, where do we go?. It us just a damn

shame to lose i job i have held for over 10yrs.

our local told us they were putting us into the jsp early,in late june, so we could have first crack at

getting into Wayne. Obviously that plan was blown all to heck. But also, when the jobs went up for bid,

everyone in our plant was able to sign up. I saw the canceled list, and someone from Liv. with 1973 senority signed up

to go to wayne. Now, how am i or anyone else in the JSP or ILO supposed to feel about some selfish old codger who has a job

but goes and signs up for something better and takes away a job from someone who doesn't have one?

the sad fact is that mine and others days at ford are most certainly gone. I dont see how or where we will be able to get a job.

thats why i am trying to go back to school and get a degree, but at 42, that really sucks.

Like I said seniority rules and if someone with 72 seniority signs for something they will probably get it. Some people with high seniority just like taking things because they can. I hope some one with 72 seniority can handle crawling in and out of a focus because their not going to come in to a new plant and have a primo job unless one gets posted and they have the seniority....

You can always back fill the job vacated at Livonia by the 72 seniority... OR buyouts are open not everyone has the choice's UAW members have....Not trying to be a smart ass but it's the system no one usually bitches when the system is working in their favor ...Good Luck Nursing or Truck driving is about the only thing in Michigan that's working IMO