Buyouts

Livonia

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you hear this about limited buyouts? I have been calling Nick every week and he has a new excuse every week! Finally called international and am waiting for a return phone call. Will probably be waiting for a looooong time :banghead: .

I will gladly take the 100k and walk :happy feet: , just tell me where to sign up!

Bob King told the delegates at the last joint conference in Detroit that he would not support Ford INCREASING the value of the buy-out packages.Ask your delegates about what he said regarding the buy-out's.

It would be monumentally stupid for Ford to offer that buydown. It would take over 18 years for them to recoup their 150k investment.

Based on what formula?

On a straight 40 hour check, it would take about ten years per employee to recoup that. Where the savings come in is overtime. Plus, how many people would turn around and spend it on a car?

It may not be ideal for what Ford wants, but I honestly don't think many more people are going to take that buyout, considering they have had two chances already. Especially in Michigan, where the hell are we going to find another job without leaving the state? Hell, you could ride out unemployement and JSP for 3 years and make more than taking a buyout and you maintain your benefits.

Based on what formula?

Production employee makes, I'm guessing, around $27 an hour.

Savings per hour = $5

40 hour week = $200

52 weeks a year = $10,400

$150,000 + 10,400 = 14.5 years

OK. So I was off about 3.5 years. :rolleyes:

Overtime? If you haven't noticed, overtime on a large scale is becoming a thing of the past. Any plant that is running significant overtime is going to a three shift operation.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the big payday, but $150k for a $5 an hour paycut doesn't make business sense.

Now, make it $17 or $18 and then it becomes viable. ;)

Production employee makes, I'm guessing, around $27 an hour.

Savings per hour = $5

40 hour week = $200

52 weeks a year = $10,400

$150,000 + 10,400 = 14.5 years

OK. So I was off about 3.5 years. :rolleyes:

Overtime? If you haven't noticed, overtime on a large scale is becoming a thing of the past. Any plant that is running significant overtime is going to a three shift operation.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the big payday, but $150k for a $5 an hour paycut doesn't make business sense.

Now, make it $17 or $18 and then it becomes viable. ;)

Overtime is gone for now because sales are down. When all is said and done, companys prefer to work OT production instead of hiring more people. This will turn around and when it does, Ford will be a smaller, more efficient company that will run OT production to meet customer demand.

Overtime is gone for now because sales are down. When all is said and done, companys prefer to work OT production instead of hiring more people. This will turn around and when it does, Ford will be a smaller, more efficient company that will run OT production to meet customer demand.

Why would they pay somebody $22 time and a half, when they can pay a new hire $14? :headscratch:

Bob King told the delegates at the last joint conference in Detroit that he would not support Ford INCREASING the value of the buy-out packages.Ask your delegates about what he said regarding the buy-out's.

I don't even know who my delegates are :sos: , so why don't you tell us all what he said.

Just got back from signing up. I'm out Nov. 1st. Good Luck to all.

Wow, I just got back as well and they had no clue when I would be out. I did sign a waiver stating I would be happy to leave before the OCT. 31 close of the window. I talked to Nick and he informed me I may have to come back to work on Sept.22, they are calling back 150 more people from ILO.