KCAP off extra week!!

K.C.Raider

Just heard today that KCAP will be down one more week. Now what will I do with another week to kill,,,,Ohhh the Honey Do List!!!!

I worked in bodyshop all week, we havn't heard a thing. Buddy of mine works out in 86 and got the call. My quess is body will run again all next week, things are moving very very slow with a few important issues to resolve. Also heard SUV c crew will be eliminated in about 6 weeks, so the saga continues.

I worked in bodyshop all week, we havn't heard a thing. Buddy of mine works out in 86 and got the call. My quess is body will run again all next week, things are moving very very slow with a few important issues to resolve. Also heard SUV c crew will be eliminated in about 6 weeks, so the saga continues.
My union rep from chassis confirmed the week off, but losing the c-crew from Suv is big news if true. Also was told when they go back to 4 tens, Our start time will change to 7 am to 5:30 pm because of some issue with maintenance people getting paid premium time. Your right the SAGA cont......

I've been hearing rumors of the C shift cutoff but it hasn't been confirmed that I am aware of. Taking another week of down time shouldn't be construed as losing a whole shift. As to the issue of premium time this is false, the issue was a 09:30 start time and area overtime.

As it is now the truck side paint starts in my area at 0524.

Mike

My union rep from chassis confirmed the week off, but losing the c-crew from Suv is big news if true. Also was told when they go back to 4 tens, Our start time will change to 7 am to 5:30 pm because of some issue with maintenance people getting paid premium time. Your right the SAGA cont......

I've been hearing rumors of the C shift cutoff but it hasn't been confirmed that I am aware of. Taking another week of down time shouldn't be construed as losing a whole shift. As to the issue of premium time this is false, the issue was a 09:30 start time and area overtime.

As it is now the truck side paint starts in my area at 0524.

Mike

the change of start time is TRUE. Final area will start at 7am on manday the 25th. I do not know the reason but the time change is true. We will be on 5-8's for at least 4-6 weeks after we get back to get the stock situation. the rumor that I heard was the C crew was being removed but that it was in fact being sent back over to the truck side again and we would have 2 shifts over there again. The only reason they moved the shift over there was to pump out some cars and not have to lay anyone off. So there is another rumor to think about.

Yep, 7 am start. I wonder how many people got a call, I as well as everyone I know did not and I worked all last week. Also heard reason was to trim down inventory on 08's as there is a 100 day supply. It was 180+ when we started our downtime. Also maybe because body has several QUALITY issues to address, all speculation. I think we beat out most of the HOT weather though, I'll take that. :happy feet:

Yep, 7 am start. I wonder how many people got a call, I as well as everyone I know did not and I worked all last week. Also heard reason was to trim down inventory on 08's as there is a 100 day supply. It was 180+ when we started our downtime. Also maybe because body has several QUALITY issues to address, all speculation. I think we beat out most of the HOT weather though, I'll take that. :happy feet:
My super called another Utility guy today in chassis, and said to start at 6:30am, the 7:00am start was cancelled!

first I've heard of this. They did cancel the rest of this week due to some problems with new equipment.

Skilled trades are still working.

Mike

DTP and KCAP will most likely be down the rest of this year!!! there are enough 2008 trucks left on dealer lots to last well into 2009..

I was told by a skilled trade that Truck side Paint and Body were still working while Final and Trim were laid off this week (the 18th.) I haven't heard any rumors of us being off anymore time though after the 25th. I did hear that SUV side might see some downtime the first of October.

Some of Paint's Trades are working in the Final dept. to supplement Final, and because Paint does not have the work/budget. All departments requested trades until production returns, however, Body was the only dept. awarded heads due to critical work/repairs. Paint and Final trades will both be TLO'd NEXT week(25th), and they will return Sep. 15th, one week before production.

I was told by a skilled trade that Truck side Paint and Body were still working while Final and Trim were laid off this week (the 18th.) I haven't heard any rumors of us being off anymore time though after the 25th. I did hear that SUV side might see some downtime the first of October.

Skilled Trades are being surveyed right now for a two week layoff begining next week 8/25.

Skilled Trades are being surveyed right now for a two week layoff begining next week 8/25.

someone better get there heads out of there ass and let everyyone left on truck side no when we are getting back to work,,they dont want people bumping suv out so they wont tell us how long we will be off total bullshit from both sides

Get use to downtime,cause when DTP starts back up KCAP TRUCK will have lots of downtime!!!

Well it's true there is a wise ass in every crowd, you have a few people talking about DT and then you chime in with your worthless info, and show your solidarity and unity which is none, do you even know when DTP is going back to work word down here is not for a while, maybe not till Nov. with no change in your product line I don't want to sound negative for DTP but that sounds like no Reg. cab and no 8 foot box and thats coming from Ford's Product Engineer's from Dearborn that are here working on the launch in are FLEX Body Shop. Once they iron out a few vendor issues and some minor tooling issues in the body shop we will be back to work, with our pride of quality at stake, at KCAP we will not launch the 09 until everything is done right.

Well it's true there is a wise ass in every crowd, you have a few people talking about DT and then you chime in with your worthless info, and show your solidarity and unity which is none, do you even know when DTP is going back to work word down here is not for a while, maybe not till Nov. with no change in your product line I don't want to sound negative for DTP but that sounds like no Reg. cab and no 8 foot box and thats coming from Ford's Product Engineer's from Dearborn that are here working on the launch in are FLEX Body Shop. Once they iron out a few vendor issues and some minor tooling issues in the body shop we will be back to work, with our pride of quality at stake, at KCAP we will not launch the 09 until everything is done right.

:beerchug: Got that right. :bowdown:

Never said it will be run right...But since trucks are not selling FORD figures they can run the line slow and teach people how to build a truck the way Norfolk use to build a truck,WITH QUALITY!!!!

quality's ass Ive had one of those Norjoke trucks and after all you was shut down by them Mi. boys so maybe the DTP boys will teach you something.