Just got my FEH VIN!

Meatwaggon

I ordered a FEH '09 on August 4 and was told by my dealer that he got the VIN for me today. That's exactly 14 days by my count! The vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of Sept 1. Does that mean I have an 'allocation'? And how long does it usually take from build date to arrival on dealer lot?

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Edited by Meatwaggon

I mean, I understand giving priority to California, but still, people who take the time and effort to actually pre-order a vehicle before it's publicly available should be rewarded with a vehicle within a reasonable amount of time. I don't care what reasons people may come up with to explain it, this is simply an inane example of customer service. I also don't care what state laws are in place to protect the dealerships. After all, who is the most important person in this process? The end customer. SO MAKE THE END CUSTOMER HAPPY DAMMIT.

This is sad, Ford. Very sad.

Being in Florida I think you will not wait as long as some of us others.

I doubt if you will wait more than a couple months for your VIN.

You may even beat me, my location 45 minutes away from Ford's World Headquaters obviously does nothing for me.

Even if he (Meatwaggon) takes delivery prior to me, it won't come as a big surprise.

All the best to everyone waiting for delivery, because whatever happens in terms of the order of actual production of these vehicles, it sure as heck isn't the fault of the folks trying to buy them if theirs gets produced ahead of ours.

Like you, I too ordered a 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid with Nav(60N) and side steps (187), on April 21, 2008. The only difference is that mine is AWD (a.k.a. U59/750A) vs. yours being FWD.

As of August 14, I'm now "in line" (have a VIN that ViperPilot can track for me).

Edited by fmorriso

Even if he (Meatwaggon) takes delivery prior to me, it won't come as a big surprise.

All the best to everyone waiting for delivery, because whatever happens in terms of the order of actual production of these vehicles, it sure as heck isn't the fault of the folks trying to buy them if theirs gets produced ahead of ours.

Like you, I too ordered a 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid with Nav(60N) and side steps (187), on April 21, 2008. The only difference is that mine is AWD (a.k.a. U59/750A) vs. yours being FWD.

As of August 14, I'm now "in line" (have a VIN that ViperPilot can track for me).

My fingers are crossed for you man. I hope you get your vehicle going soon and then get it in your hands. You will love it.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my vin too! I ordered 7/28 and it was processed on 8/21. It has a priority of 01. The dealer said end of Sept or beginning of October for delivery. WOO HOO!!!

I had a thought for all you guys that have ordered yours and are still waiting for anything. I would build your own and see if any dealer has it, then tell your dealer to take a hike and buy the one you found.

Good luck.

I had a thought for all you guys that have ordered yours and are still waiting for anything. I would build your own and see if any dealer has it, then tell your dealer to take a hike and buy the one you found.

Good luck.

Have you used the "Build Your Own" experience on the Ford website? I guess that's what you are referring to. After you build it, instead of doing a regional or national search for this vehicle (which would make sense to me), it emails the sales people at the local Ford dealerships only. Even if your local dealers would suck at getting an '09 FEH right now. I've tried Autotrader.com, but they do not let you specify Hybrids for Escapes. Anyone know of a better website for this?

Have you used the "Build Your Own" experience on the Ford website? I guess that's what you are referring to. After you build it, instead of doing a regional or national search for this vehicle (which would make sense to me), it emails the sales people at the local Ford dealerships only. Even if your local dealers would suck at getting an '09 FEH right now. I've tried Autotrader.com, but they do not let you specify Hybrids for Escapes. Anyone know of a better website for this?

On Autotrader.com, click on advanced search. This gives you the option to put in a Keyword. You can enter the word Hybrid there.

Another one to look at, is Cars.com.

When we were searching for trucks, nothing would give you the option for the V10. Thus, we used the Keyword section to get to them. V10's are not real common either................. much like the Hybrid vs non hybrid Escape.

Good luck to you.

Insgadget, yes you are right not very user friendly, but for someone desperate might be worth it. Why don't they follow Carmax, just list the cars and where they're at and let the customer do the rest. PITA!

Great idea Extreme4x4.

Here is a link to 376 FEH in the USA (some 2008's in there)

http://www.cars.com/go/search/search_resul...mp;aff=national

Edited by Tango

Ins, are you looking for a 2wd FEHL in Black Pearl Slate with NAv and running boards?

Just like you said but with AWD. I know there was one like you said at Mullimax. However, using the websites that you guys have shown me, I found my vehicle. Here it is. Price is as listed, with a $100 discount probably. More than I wanted to spend, but oh well. I'm flying from Jacksonville to DC this Thursday to pick it up and drive it back south to Florida.

For anyone like me who is still waiting on their VIN, with no hope in sight, I highly recommend you find your vehicle on a lot somewhere. Unless you want to wait. I put a $500 deposit down on the FEHL I ordered, but the local dealership luckily refunded it, so no harm no foul there.

Thanks again to all those who gave advice.

Edited by InsGadget