Same ole boring colors, why?

Fang

Now the s197 has gone into year 4 and ford continues the let us bore you with the same colors as your neighbors car. I know they switched up sonic for vista and yellow for orange and even lime for alloy I didnt forget redfire for dark candyapple. I rekon they might do somethin on the 2010 but wouldnt count on it. Since they continue these I have had no interest in trading, I currently have a sonic blue and won't trade it for a crappy color. :finger:

I have also noticed they stopped clearcoat metallic on some vehicles but I'm sure that is a cost factor.

Lotta colors in the spectrum u know

It would be kind of cool to see grabber blue and emberglo. Maybe a grabber green. I don't think a color change alone would get anyone to upgrade from an 05-08. They are going to need to give us more power with better or similar economy along with a nice manual 6 spd.

Now the s197 has gone into year 4 and ford continues the let us bore you with the same colors as your neighbors car. I know they switched up sonic for vista and yellow for orange and even lime for alloy I didnt forget redfire for dark candyapple. I rekon they might do somethin on the 2010 but wouldnt count on it. Since they continue these I have had no interest in trading, I currently have a sonic blue and won't trade it for a crappy color. :finger:

I have also noticed they stopped clearcoat metallic on some vehicles but I'm sure that is a cost factor.

Lotta colors in the spectrum u know

We had a thread discussing this several months ago. It's nothing new for the Mustang. It went through many periods where color choices weren't exactly earth-shattering. Look at the fox body era for a complete lack of a bold color pallete. The most memorable fox body color I can think of is the 7-Up Green they offered on a limited run of cars in the late 80's. Even the SN95's really didn't have many bold colors in comparison to what has been offered on the S197. I would like to see a few more brighter colors though. As long as they avoid some of the paisley colors we've seen lately on cars like the New Beetle, I'm up for it.

Actually, the ones I listed by name were '94-'96.

People just find the dopiest things to complain about.

I don't recall that many colors from 94-96. I thought there was only one yellow until the Canary Yellow appeared in 98. :shrug: Oh well. You're right. Weak complaint. :yup:

I've got all the brochures at home. I can list the colors for you later. I know Ihave the '95 brochure handy.

With the yellows I meant over all years of SN95/New Edge, though.

What I care about in a Mustang is RWD V8 at an affordable price. Any car can be had in a bunch of different colors. That's not what interests me. (Three of the four cars I've owned have been white.)

I've got all the brochures at home. I can list the colors for you later. I know Ihave the '95 brochure handy.

Would be interesting to see a complete list.

I'm only really more familiar with the color pallete that was offered on the SVT products, which was significantly smaller.

Yes, that was a much smaller group, but in '99 you could get that hideous Electric Green! I called it "Toy Car Green."

By the way, here's my non-white car.

Oh man, don't remind me of Electric Green. It looked horrid in pictures. It looked even worse in person.

Your car looks pretty clean!! I washed mine over the weekend and realized just how battered the paint really has gotten after 11 years. Maybe a good clay bar and waxing will bring it back to life....

I just totally redid mine, including a paint job.

A new paint job is hopefully in store for mine one of these days. That Tuxedo Black is looking like an interesting choice maybe....

The engine has as much Edelbrock as I could put in/on it, and the suspension is all Griggs (coilovers front and rear).

Sounds fun!

I don't know what you guys are talking about. Since '05 we have had reds, blues, grays, orange, greens, yellow, white, blacks, purples, and even pink! We've had stripes on every part of the car you can imagine available in white, tan, black, silvers, and even pink again. What do you want? Mauve? You can please some of the people...

I don't know what you guys are talking about. Since '05 we have had reds, blues, grays, orange, greens, yellow, white, blacks, purples, and even pink! We've had stripes on every part of the car you can imagine available in white, tan, black, silvers, and even pink again. What do you want? Mauve? You can please some of the people...

When was pink a standard color choice? Not even the "Warriors in Pink" Mustang is available in pink.

For 1995, you had your choice of 11 colors. I'll list them in case they're not legible in the photo:

Canary Yellow Clearcoat (GT only)

Sapphire Blue Clearcoat Metallic (GT only)

Rio Red Tinted Clearcoat

Laser Red Tinted Clearcoat Metallic

Vibrant Red Clearcoat

Bright Blue Clearcoat Metallic

Deep Forest Green Clearcoat Metallic (my color!)

Teal Clearcoat Metallic

Opal Frost Clearcoat Metallic

Black Clearcoat

Crystal White Clearcoat

post-13813-1219921830_thumb.jpg

For 1995, you had your choice of 11 colors. I'll list them in case they're not legible in the photo:

Canary Yellow Clearcoat (GT only)

Sapphire Blue Clearcoat Metallic (GT only)

Rio Red Tinted Clearcoat

Laser Red Tinted Clearcoat Metallic

Vibrant Red Clearcoat

Bright Blue Clearcoat Metallic

Deep Forest Green Clearcoat Metallic (my color!)

Teal Clearcoat Metallic

Opal Frost Clearcoat Metallic

Black Clearcoat

Crystal White Clearcoat

Now, if one doesn't like blue or red, there isn't much left.

I am not too sure why we need multiple shades of blue and multiple shades of red, and not have even one shade of so many other colors.

BTW, I ordered my '95 in Crystal White. :yahoo: