Edge & MKX Availability

NLPRacing

I'm just a guy reading as many websites as possible, so I know nothing official, but what I've read is this fall as `07 models. I am heading to the Dallas Auto Show Friday, and it will be filled with Ford people. I will see what they say - I am interested, too.

I'm just a guy reading as many websites as possible, so I know nothing official, but what I've read is this fall as `07 models. I am heading to the Dallas Auto Show Friday, and it will be filled with Ford people. I will see what they say - I am interested, too.

I didn't realize the Dallas Auto Show was this weekend. I won't be able to go since I will be at Texas Motor Speedway all weekend. Let me know what they say out there.

The show starts tonight through Sunday. I am going friday and will post what I find out then. Have fun at the race. We are implementing software this weekend, so I am working Sunday night. Throw rocks at Stewart, Gordon, and JJohnson for me.

The lady I asked about the Edge said it would be in showrooms in September. Take that for what it's worth. She had no idea what I meant by Job1, and couldn't provide a single technical stat. Just a nice-looking woman with a clipboard.

And one more point, the Edge is a smoking-hot looking vehicle in real life. Much nicer than in pictures. With bigger wheels/tires, it would be nearly perfect.

• 2 weeks later...
On average, how long after Job 1 do they show up at dealers?

That is the $64,000 question. Normally after Job#1, vehicles show up in 2-4 weeks; however with a new model there is a good chance of a delivery hold until Ford makes sure everything is ready and right with the unit.

I was told the MKX won't hit the dealer lots until November at the earliest. I know it's a concern for my parents who will be in the market for an Aviator replacement in December and if the MKX isn't readily available, they may have to leave Lincoln for the first time in 12 Years.

I was told the MKX won't hit the dealer lots until November at the earliest. I know it's a concern for my parents who will be in the market for an Aviator replacement in December and if the MKX isn't readily available, they may have to leave Lincoln for the first time in 12 Years.

My wife's Explorer lease is up Aug. 28. I'm NOT getting another one of those gas hogs. The thing is a joke on gas. 15 MPG highway and I'm not a lead-foot and neither is she. The Edge was my dream replacement but I don't know how I could swing that. Maybe I'll get the Freestyle and hold off for 2 more years on getting a product I actually want. I've been waiting since 2002, I guess 2 more years won't hurt (lie).

My wife is getting new car fever and I want her to test drive an Edge before making a decision. I've always been able to talk her into Ford's in the past, but right now, they don't have much that she likes. On her short list is the VW Jetta, Mini Cooper, & Freestyle. The Mini is her favorite, but with two kids, not so practical. She likes the Jetta almost as much and the thought of getting 40+ mpg with the TDi really intrigues her. She likes the Freestyle and if it had the Duratec35 and little more style, it would definitely be a front runner. She would maybe consider the Edge or 07 Expedition, but she doesn't want to wait that long.

Will Ford do any test drives for the Edge before it's available? If I could get her to drive one, I might be able to get her to hold on to her Expedition for a while.

Will Ford do any test drives for the Edge before it's available? If I could get her to drive one, I might be able to get her to hold on to her Expedition for a while.

Ford needs to avoid early test drives whenever possible these days. Remember the cruddy reviews about the Fusion's fit & finish when editors were driving around PRE-production models? Most of them retracted their commments in later reviews of actualy PRODUCTION versions, but they were mostly ignored. First impressions are everything with a new vehicle. They shouldn't let anyone sit in it, feel it, drive it, or heck, even see it again until it's ready to be SOLD.

Ford needs to avoid early test drives whenever possible these days. Remember the cruddy reviews about the Fusion's fit & finish when editors were driving around PRE-production models? Most of them retracted their commments in later reviews of actualy PRODUCTION versions, but they were mostly ignored. First impressions are everything with a new vehicle. They shouldn't let anyone sit in it, feel it, drive it, or heck, even see it again until it's ready to be SOLD.

Good point. I would rather her get a good first impression.

• 1 month later...
My wife's Explorer lease is up Aug. 28. I'm NOT getting another one of those gas hogs. The thing is a joke on gas. 15 MPG highway and I'm not a lead-foot and neither is she. The Edge was my dream replacement but I don't know how I could swing that. Maybe I'll get the Freestyle and hold off for 2 more years on getting a product I actually want. I've been waiting since 2002, I guess 2 more years won't hurt (lie).

MINE IS UP IN DEC AND I HOPE THEY ARE OFFERING GOOD DEALS ON THE EDGE WHEN IT COMES OUT THINK IF I ORDER ONE WHEN THE ORDER FORMS COME OUT YOU WILL STILL GET THE DEAL RE: REBATE ETC. ON IT WHENIT COMES IN?? :huh: OR JUST WAIT FOR ONE TO HIT SHOWROOM... HOPE IT COMES BEFORE NOVEMEMBER :shrug: :shrug:

:violin:

:party2:

My wife is getting new car fever and I want her to test drive an Edge before making a decision. I've always been able to talk her into Ford's in the past, but right now, they don't have much that she likes. On her short list is the VW Jetta, Mini Cooper, & Freestyle. The Mini is her favorite, but with two kids, not so practical. She likes the Jetta almost as much and the thought of getting 40+ mpg with the TDi really intrigues her. She likes the Freestyle and if it had the Duratec35 and little more style, it would definitely be a front runner. She would maybe consider the Edge or 07 Expedition, but she doesn't want to wait that long.

NLP.. I hope you noticed that VW will not have 07 TDI's... the new Emissions are killing all the Diesels offered in the US .. they will be back in 08, but for 07, there will be no TDI Jetta, Passat or Rabbit or New Beetle (neither will there be Diesel Liberty)... jsut a friendly reminder.

Igor