Accessories for 09 FEH

specelec

Ok, my 09 FEH has been on order for a while now, and it looks like it's coming soon, so I am getting ready for some accessories, and have some questions.

Since it is so new, when I search on 09 FEH there are no listings at most sites.

What I am looking for are weathertech plastic moulded mats, ventvisors, and class III hitch.

Can I order for an 08 FEH and expect it to fit?

Let me know what you have done to your 09's as well. I may have missed a good idea!

Thanks!

Can I order for an 08 FEH and expect it to fit?

Sure, if you are a gambler. Or, you could contact the manufacturer using their 'contact' link via their web site and simply ask them. I did that for the Husky Liner I put in the back of my '09 FEHL and talked to one of their reps who said it would fit and that if it did not they would work with me to ship it back. Unfortunately, the 09 is so new that we will have to wait a bit before after market products are fully integrated into the consumer purchasing stream.

Re: towing:

The 2009 FEH has no Ford option for a hitch, nor is there sheet metal cutout present for such. Any hitch will be after market from my view. The Owner's Manual pages I looked at indicate a 1000 pound trailer load. My dealer will install a class 1 hitch, but I doubt a class 2, or 3.

Other aftermarket goodies will be along I'm sure.

Come on...this thing is rated for 1000lbs per the Manufacturer.

And, yes I do have a bike rack and hitch platform that I want to re-use as well as a 450lb snowmobile trailer with the occasional sheet of plywood, etc from Lowes.

If they say it can tow 1000lbs then I should be OK if I tow 1000lbs right??? They wouldn't lie to me would they?

Trust me I don't plan on abusing my rather costly vehicle, but every once in a while I need to move things around (sister-in-law).

Great idea on putting it back on the aftermarket manufacturer for fitting.

Thanks for the input!

Come on...this thing is rated for 1000lbs per the Manufacturer.

And, yes I do have a bike rack and hitch platform that I want to re-use as well as a 450lb snowmobile trailer with the occasional sheet of plywood, etc from Lowes.

If they say it can tow 1000lbs then I should be OK if I tow 1000lbs right??? They wouldn't lie to me would they?

Trust me I don't plan on abusing my rather costly vehicle, but every once in a while I need to move things around (sister-in-law).

Great idea on putting it back on the aftermarket manufacturer for fitting.

Thanks for the input!

I just went to WeatherTech.com last night and ordered the fitted cargo liner for my new 2009. They have the pull down menu with the correct year already available. I hit several sites and one offered the Husky liner for the 2009 Escape as well. The WeatherTech site even asks whether the vehicle is a hybrid or not. The WeatherTech was more expensive, but I liked the square matrix bottom on th liner with the run off channels in the event you put something wet or leaking in with things that need to stay dry.

I just did a google search on SUV cargo liners and came up with numerous options.

:shades: Nah they would not lie any more than you would lie. If you are going to pull less than 1000 #, why would you want a class III hitch ?

One thing I wonder is whether or not the cargo liner might result in increased heat retention in the hybrid battery pack. Would this condition result in premature failure in the battery pack ? As I understand it, this is a $10,000 battery pack.

Edited by Hook686

:shades: Nah they would not lie any more than you would lie. If you are going to pull less than 1000 #, why would you want a class III hitch ?

One thing I wonder is whether or not the cargo liner might result in increased heat retention in the hybrid battery pack. Would this condition result in premature failure in the battery pack ? As I understand it, this is a $10,000 battery pack.

It's really just a SIZE thing! I have a bike carrier, hitch platform, and 2"receiver for trailer that I want to continue to use without any 1 1/4 to 2" adapters.

I will admit that there may be a time or two that I load my 400lb Honda CRF250x dirt bike on to the trailer, but I should still be within specs.

GopherM: I am now seeing the 09 listed on the Weathertech site...I coulda sworn it wasn't there before. I am really only looking at the front and second row mats and window visors. I could see where the cargo mat would be nice too...hmmmm.

Sorry to nitpick, and I know it's not my vehicle, but the Hybrid is not reccomended for towing. The 4 cylinder has a 1,500 lb. tow rating, the V-6 is 3,500.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/assets/pdf/tow...8ESP_towing.pdf

When I took delivery of mine one of the first things I did was check the owners manual and guess what is says; you can tow up to 1000 lbs. So in simple terms when something goes wrong and you can prove that what you were towing is within the manufacturers guidelines you will be just fine.

And at least if you are going to nitpick put up information on the correct vehicle. You posted a brochure for an '08 and he has an '09. Things change between model years and since I don't own an '08 I don't care what it can or can't tow.

Remenber the '09 also has a slightly more powerful gas engine.

just my .02

And at least if you are going to nitpick put up information on the correct vehicle.

I posted what Ford has on it's website. If I/it is wrong for the '09 then I am sorry. I would just hate for anybody to have a problem later on, and the dealership takes one look at the receiver on the back of the vehicle and void the powertrain warranty.

Sorry I butted in.

Sorry I butted in.

I wasn't trying to get on you. Just because they have it on there site doesn't mean you should post it it.

Anyway,

The owners manual is all the info you need, a brochure that is not given to you when you buy the car is meaningless. It clearly states 100lbs. I am also going to put on a class ll/lll Hitch as I have lots of stuff left over from previous vehicle with a 2" receiver and may or may not tow my jet ski with it as I have a Jeep that can handle that duty but I want to have the option.

Sorry I butted in.

I wasn't trying to get on you. Just because they have it on there site doesn't mean you should post it it.

Anyway,

The owners manual is all the info you need, a brochure that is not given to you when you buy the car is meaningless. It clearly states 100lbs. I am also going to put on a class ll/lll Hitch as I have lots of stuff left over from previous vehicle with a 2" receiver and may or may not tow my jet ski with it as I have a Jeep that can handle that duty but I want to have the option.

I am pretty sure that the 2008's still had the 1000 pound limit as well. I don't think either model is RECOMMENDED for towing but they do have a 1000 pound limit listed. So, in that regard, you are both right. Good luck!

No, that's why FEHs have a rear battery vent, fan, and A/C lines. Ford's own accessory cargo liner also is made to fit the FEH (but requires trimming to fit on the older models).

I am pretty sure that the 2008's still had the 1000 pound limit as well. I don't think either model is RECOMMENDED for towing but they do have a 1000 pound limit listed. So, in that regard, you are both right. Good luck!

When I was researching the vehicle (getting close to a year ago now I've been waiting so long for delivery) I emailed Ford customer service about the towing as some places say not recommended and others say 1,000 #'s. So I have an email from Ford customer service saying that the 2008 hybrid is rated up to 1,000. I'm sure that still applies to the 09 model. I'm planning on putting a class III hitch on as well for the same reason as I have a carrier that's that size.

Edited by prattman08

I was thinking about getting the weathertech windown deflectors but they only list a front pair. I like the weathertech ones because they install in the window channel instead of using double sided tape like, I believe, the Ford OEM ones do. Anyone know if weathertech or someone else will offer the deflectors for all four windows?

I was thinking about getting the weathertech windown deflectors but they only list a front pair. I like the weathertech ones because they install in the window channel instead of using double sided tape like, I believe, the Ford OEM ones do. Anyone know if weathertech or someone else will offer the deflectors for all four windows?

Lund (AVS) makes a four piece set for the 2008 model. They cannot confirm that these will fit the 2009 models yet and suggested I verify with Ford that the window/door dimensions did not change. If they did not then the 2008 unit should work. I am working on this right now and will let you know because I want the in-channel type as well.

Yeah DalepF150....I would love to see some pics too, and thanks for the info by the way. I was starting to take some heat over wanting a 2" receiver.

Green Lantern: do you prefer the the slimmer AVS visors? I think I like a slightly wider visor. I am looking forward to any info you can find out about the fit / changes from 08.

Yeah DalepF150....I would love to see some pics too, and thanks for the info by the way. I was starting to take some heat over wanting a 2" receiver.

Green Lantern: do you prefer the the slimmer AVS visors? I think I like a slightly wider visor. I am looking forward to any info you can find out about the fit / changes from 08.

I don't know if I would say I prefer them or not since I have never used them. I have read that some of the wider visors take away some from your vision though. I also liked how the AVS visors are all four in-channel types. Some of the othe in-channel visors are not that way for the rear and use the tape for the back pair. I have not yet heard back from my dealer on my inquiry. He usually does quite well and I will post that information as soon as I have it.

I put a class III hitch on my 09 FEH just so I can use a bicycle rack I have. The hitch took less than a hour to install with no mods to the vehicle at all, it bolts right on.

http://www.etrailer.com/pc-H~V82211.htm?vehicleid=20089918

Just ordered one, good deal.

You need .05 cents more to qualify for free shipping. There are several items for less than 1.00 under the tools section to get you the free shipping.

Total price was 150.60 shipped.

Thanks for the info....

Sean

Isn't it just the tow hitch? Don't you also need to buy the ball mount and ball? That would make it over $150 for sure.

Yes it's just the receiver, but you won't need the ball mount and ball if you are using the hitch for carrying accessories like a bike carrier or cargo carrier that slides into the class three receptacle.

Sean