Battery shortage- or feeding me a line????

pobre

OK- I emailed my dealer about the MMH we oredred in July, due in September. I asked what the status was according to the Ford sytem. He told me "our best estimate is December , due to a backlog of batteries". Aside from the semantics, how do I politely tell him that I know this is BS?

I don't think he is actually looking at the order system, but the weekly scheduled production.

IS there a sudden shortage of batteries that I don't know about?

OK- I emailed my dealer about the MMH we oredred in July, due in September. I asked what the status was according to the Ford sytem. He told me "our best estimate is December , due to a backlog of batteries". Aside from the semantics, how do I politely tell him that I know this is BS?

I don't think he is actually looking at the order system, but the weekly scheduled production.

IS there a sudden shortage of batteries that I don't know about?

Who knows? Without a transparent order tracking process, he could be telling you the truth or he's feeding you a fancy bowl of Bovine Scatology.

Without a transparent order tracking process, he could be telling you the truth or he's feeding you a fancy bowl of Bovine Scatology.

How many times do we have to go over this before you get it? Try to comprehend:

Customers don't buy cars from Ford nor do they order cars from Ford. Dealers order cars from Ford - period. The allocation and ordering process is transparent to the dealer (who actually orders and pays for the vehicles).

Customers may not like it and I'm sure Ford doesn't like it, but Ford has to follow the LAW and the law says Ford can only sell to dealers. Instead of whining about it why don't you go get the franchise laws changed if it's that important to you?

How many times do we have to go over this before you get it? Try to comprehend:

Customers don't buy cars from Ford nor do they order cars from Ford. Dealers order cars from Ford - period. The allocation and ordering process is transparent to the dealer (who actually orders and pays for the vehicles).

Customers may not like it and I'm sure Ford doesn't like it, but Ford has to follow the LAW and the law says Ford can only sell to dealers. Instead of whining about it why don't you go get the franchise laws changed if it's that important to you?

I am working with my state and federal elected officials to change those laws. Meanwhile, pointing out the lack of transparency and accountability (to the customer) in the current set of laws is no crime. :reading:

I am working with my state and federal elected officials to change those laws. Meanwhile, pointing out the lack of transparency and accountability (to the customer) in the current set of laws is no crime. :reading:

Until the law IS changed, pointing it out over and over amounts to nothing more than whining.

Please post:

1. Your address,
  2. Your credit card number
  3. The amount you owe on your mortgage and
  4. Your bank account balance?

Private info, you say?

You seem to fail to realize that Ford is not the government. They aren't paid by your tax dollars. It is a PRIVATE company. So are the dealers. Just because you put a deposit on a vehicle, it doesn't entitle you to any "transparency". Please list any other manufacturer that is "transparent"? Seriously. Walk into Circuit City and order a widescreen TV that's not in stock and has to come from Japan or Korea. Call them back in two weeks and ask them where it is in the factory or container ship on the Pacific it's in. They'd laugh at you.

Your liason between you and the manufacturer is your dealer. That's what their job is, that's why they make their money. What you want is more for free. You want someone to set up a publicly available tracking system, and administer it, but then what you forget is that you need to have someone there that will need to answer all the questions that will come up (ie "why isn't my car shipped yet?" x1000.) All the while you want the best price, cut the profit (ie pay) on the guy whose job it actually is (ie you wanted to use XPlan). Somebody needs to get paid for the work, because the I see how you treat those who do it for nothing and there isn't any reward in that from what I see.

I tried to provide these things for you for free. Look at the hassle it's become. Why in the world would Ford want to expose itself to that situation? You abuse this system, you go back and forth between here and the dealer, playing the "I've got an information source, let's see if you're honest with me" games, and then threatening to sue because you aren't getting your way. Which is why I can't involve myself with your order any more. Because I'm not going to jeapordize my 20+ year career by overstepping "my" boundaries. You refer to anyone else who doesn't agree with you as part of some conspiracy to "hide the truth of what happens in the plant". But you didn't know it was me when you decided to be Mr Smart Guy, did ya? Yeah, I'm trying to hide what goes on inside the plant. That's why I wrote the FAQs, that's why I spend my time answering people's questions. Just because the username didn't match up with mine you ASSUME AGAIN that someone's out to hide things from you.

Please post:

1. Your address,
  2. Your credit card number
  3. The amount you owe on your mortgage and
  4. Your bank account balance?

Private info, you say?

You seem to fail to realize that Ford is not the government. They aren't paid by your tax dollars. It is a PRIVATE company. So are the dealers. Just because you put a deposit on a vehicle, it doesn't entitle you to any "transparency". Please list any other manufacturer that is "transparent"? Seriously. Walk into Circuit City and order a widescreen TV that's not in stock and has to come from Japan or Korea. Call them back in two weeks and ask them where it is in the factory or container ship on the Pacific it's in. They'd laugh at you.

Your liason between you and the manufacturer is your dealer. That's what their job is, that's why they make their money. What you want is more for free. You want someone to set up a publicly available tracking system, and administer it, but then what you forget is that you need to have someone there that will need to answer all the questions that will come up (ie "why isn't my car shipped yet?" x1000.) All the while you want the best price, cut the profit (ie pay) on the guy whose job it actually is (ie you wanted to use XPlan). Somebody needs to get paid for the work, because the I see how you treat those who do it for nothing and there isn't any reward in that from what I see.

I tried to provide these things for you for free. Look at the hassle it's become. Why in the world would Ford want to expose itself to that situation? You abuse this system, you go back and forth between here and the dealer, playing the "I've got an information source, let's see if you're honest with me" games, and then threatening to sue because you aren't getting your way. Which is why I can't involve myself with your order any more. Because I'm not going to jeapordize my 20+ year career by overstepping "my" boundaries. You refer to anyone else who doesn't agree with you as part of some conspiracy to "hide the truth of what happens in the plant". But you didn't know it was me when you decided to be Mr Smart Guy, did ya? Yeah, I'm trying to hide what goes on inside the plant. That's why I wrote the FAQs, that's why I spend my time answering people's questions. Just because the username didn't match up with mine you ASSUME AGAIN that someone's out to hide things from you.

What a total shame but very well said and totally deserving. ViperPilot, on behalf of all of those here who have benefited and appreciated your service I say thanks. It is such a shame that this had to come to this but I understand your position and support you on this. I just feel sorry for all the others that were not abusing this process. I am just glad I got my information and vehicle before this process was ruined by someone seeking to get something for nothing and not appreciate the process.

Sorry fmorriso but this is on you man. People repeatedly tried to get you to cool your jets and just drop your dealer and order somewhere else. I feel sorry for any dealer that has to deal with you because I feel like you will be the customer everyone loves to despise. Maybe in the next life you will find the utopia you feel you deserve.

VP,

I have already told you that I think you are an ASSET to FMC and I can understand that reading much of what is posted HAS TO BE frustrating for you.

I can't understand however, why so many are shocked that someone would threaten to sue for ANYTHING these days. Talk is cheap so take the threats with a grain of salt.

That being said, don't get too ahead of yourself.

Everything you have typed about FMC being a private company is true and FMC doesn't have to share ANY information.

Letting customers get to the point where they are thinking of canceling, wondering if they are being led along, threatening to sue, feeling cheated or overcharged is NOT good business practice(for any company). PERIOD.

As you WELL know, this customer is NOT the only one frustrated right now. Furthermore, it is NOT the wait that is frustrating your customers, it is the LACK of fairness in the distribution of vehicles.

Let's face it NO ONE like to feel slighted or cheated or not as important.

When some people order a vehicle from a building with a ford sign out front and GET IT BEFORE others that have ordered a vehicle from a building with a ford sign out front, WHY wouldn't the others feel cheated?

I don't think there would be many complaints with a four or five month wait, if EVERYONE was being treated fairly and waiting in fair order.

This frustration you are feeling is FMC induced and that is undeniable.

Sure Ford is a private company, but they and EVERY OTHER AMERICAN CAR COMPANY can't afford to be pissing ANY customers off PERIOD.

This "take what we give you and like it or beat it" attitude is LONG OUTDATED and may have worked in the past, but it also is responsible for where fmc is today.

While I never agreed that a lawsuit was the answer for this original poster, Neither Ford nor the dealer can expect to pass on a price increase for a vehicle that they chose not to deliver in a fair amount of time and then expect to keep this customer. If this particular vehicle had been delivered in a reasonable amount of time (like many other FEH's were *hint: California*) The customer would have taken delivery long before the increase went into effect.

This vehicle could have been delivered in a reasonable amount of time had Ford Motor Company... YES Ford Motor company not decided to favor the California markets and their high volume dealers in other areas. This isn't a dealer issue, of course every dealer wants to get their order in so they can sell the vehicle and make their profit.

Sure you poster(s) are all right that the dealer and FMC have EVERY right to tell the customer to take it or leave it, but isn't repeat business what FMC needs these days? Is one sale enough to make on each customer? Think they will come back for that oh so profitable service department work?

Make a customer happy and they may tell a few of their friends, piss a customer off and they tell many many more...

Sean

Make a customer happy and they may tell a few of their friends, piss a customer off and they tell many many more...

I do not disagree that the system could be better. The problem that there has to be a "balance".

The existing allocation system is "an attempt" at balance. It is by no means perfect, it can definitely use some improvement; but it will never be perfect to everyone.

A FIFO system won't work, either. Anyone that has ever bought (or tried to buy) concert tickets in the past 25 years will tell you that. It used to be that the person that was willing to camp out at the box office the longest got the best seats. Then came Ticketmaster, first by telephone, then by computer. Now the poor shmuck that camped out for three days falls behind those with the fastest speed dial or the quickest internet connection. And now the ticket-camper guy is at the mercy of buying his tickets from scalpers.

If they didn't have an allocation process in place, the dealer with the fastest fingers would have all the orders, and none for anyone else.

I wish I had the power to make everyone happy, I don't think anyone does though.

Until the law IS changed, pointing it out over and over amounts to nothing more than whining.

What is this guy going to do once his Escape comes in and he can't continually annoy everyone here about how unfair the whole system is? Hmmm, I bet he'll find 1000 faults with it and continue to poison this forum for the next year with his ongoing fight with his dealer, FMC, & God to make it all right, and how unfair it all is. Eventually, the dealer will ban him from the premises for life...

I wish I had the power to make everyone happy, I don't think anyone does though.

Perhaps not, but your desire to make others happy is what makes you an asset to FMC.

"It's not how much you actually do for a customer, it's how much you show them that you care."

(from sales 101)

Sounds to me like someone in upper FMC management should say "Wait a minute, this allocation process really doesn't make sense, and we're going to potentially lose money from it." It's as simple as that. I am a manager for a small company, and every decision has to be made with the future in mind. While I disagree with fmorriso's caustic style, I am glad that someone is being "that guy". Perhaps it will help in the long run.

I do know that I am tired of seeing fmorriso's posts. Oh well, no pain, no gain.

Sounds to me like someone in upper FMC management should say "Wait a minute, this allocation process really doesn't make sense, and we're going to potentially lose money from it." It's as simple as that. I am a manager for a small company, and every decision has to be made with the future in mind. While I disagree with fmorriso's caustic style, I am glad that someone is being "that guy". Perhaps it will help in the long run.

I do know that I am tired of seeing fmorriso's posts. Oh well, no pain, no gain.

The biggest problem with the allocation process is Ford has way too many dealers to keep happy and in business. It would be a lot less of an issue with half the dealers.

If the dealers were honest and forthcoming with their customers this wouldn't be an issue anyway. They have the ability to assign customer orders top priority and they know if they have allocation or not - but sometimes they play games to prevent losing a sale.

I think you should be able to order a vehicle online through Ford at a preset price similar to X plan (but probably a little higher) and have it delivered to the dealer of your choice - bypassing allocation altogether. Ford tried the same plan with used cars and the dealers took them to court within hours - and won. Don't underestimate the power of the state franchise laws.