Contract talk

cobra8

You were not right! You are not right now either. You are talking out of your ASS, like you always do. Stop trying to scare the shit out of people. There's no 20% buydown in the work's! Rest assured everyone will see their pension and keep your seniorty also. LONG LIVE THE UAW!

Everything is dependent on vehicle sales

My 4 uncle's all said they would see there pensions also until the mills went bankrupt in west va.

The same thing is happening to the auto unions unless there is a change we will end up like the steel,airlines,rubber unions!!

The buydown was talked about last year like it or not its a fact!

Gm needs to cut costs 1 way or another there gonna get it!! Either through reopening the contract or having a federal judge do it remember everyone said DELPHI will not go under and it did!!!!!

Its not what u hope will happen its a fact that there real close to going under. 2 yrs to a company is nothing. FACT is ford and GM will still make cars after a bankruptcy filing just as DELPHI and the airlines r still in business!!

And Im agreeing with someone I didnt start the buydown talk so go and yell at that guy that did, but u wont because u want to yell at the king of this site.. US C S M and J

get a life lol

Just remember the UAW is the king of all unions and they will do whats necessary to keep it that way, and they will find a medium to keep Ford/GM out of bankruptcy court also because there too big to fail.

It's not what I hope. It's fact. There is no buydown on the table right now is there? No there is not! So don't spew this shit about what's going to happen and how it's going to happen. The steel mills union? That's weak. Even if the big 3 file chapter 11 can you say BAILOUT.

Your vested in the company after 5 years.......NOT 10 years!!!! After 5 years you get money once you've reached a certain age,even if you quit FORD today you still get that money as long as FORD still around and not bankrupt...

We the membership of Local 400 apologize to you for even having to take the time to respond to the last post from 400Future. He's one of the guys running for Local President and thinks he knows it all. All bull, no brains. Just what the membership needs another brainless fool like the chairman we just got.

We the membership of Local 400 apologize to you for even having to take the time to respond to the last post from 400Future. He's one of the guys running for Local President and thinks he knows it all. All bull, no brains. Just what the membership needs another brainless fool like the chairman we just got.

Volume II, page 42. You need 10 years of creditable service in order to retire. That's where the 10 years come in. I am waiting for clarification on ERISA service vs. creditable service.

From what I read, and this is directly from the book on page 38:

ERISA service credits shall mean all of an eligibile employee's years of service except:

v.years of service before a "one year break in service" until the employee has completed one year of service after such break.

Then on page 64, section 6: Deferred Vested Pension

Notwithstanding any othe provisions of the Plan, any employee who shall incur a break in his seniority on or after June 1, 1955, and if incurred before September1, 1964 after he shall have reached his 40th birthday, and (i) who then shall have 10 or more years of creditable service (5 years for an employee with an ERISA Hour of Service on or after January 1, 1989) and (ii) who shall not be eligible for or receiving any other type of retirement benefit under the Plan based (in whole or part) on service prior to the date of such break in seniority, shall be eligible, upon making due application therefore, to receive a deferred vested pension benefit as provided in Article V, Section 4, of the Plan.

Anyway, and like I said, I am waiting for clarification on ERISA, from what I have read, this is what I understand:

At 5 years, you are vested under ERISA. If you are laid off for longer than a year, you lose those 5 years until you are back at work for 1 year. Page 64 states 10 or more years of creditable service, or 5 years ERISA, in order to recieve a deferred pension.

So, if you have under 10 years creditable service and are laid off permanently, you will not be able to earn your ERISA time back. Therefore, you are not eligible for a deferred pension unless you have 10 or more years of creditable service.

Edited by local400future

It's not what I hope. It's fact. There is no buydown on the table right now is there? No there is not! So don't spew this shit about what's going to happen and how it's going to happen. The steel mills union? That's weak. Even if the big 3 file chapter 11 can you say BAILOUT.

The GM/Chrysler merger will force a opening of the contract at GM and Ford.

GM says there gonna cut 30-40K jobs there not gonna put 40K in JSP U can bet on that!!

And we need a bailout before bankruptcy not after, once they file a judge WILL cut our pay just like they did to every other union so lets hope thay done file!!!!!!

GM says there gonna cut 30-40K jobs there not gonna put 40K in JSP U can bet on that!!

And we need a bailout before bankruptcy not after, once they file a judge WILL cut our pay just like they did to every other union so lets hope thay done file!!!!!!

You add nothing to this board or life!Please buy a bullet and go rent a gun.

258Troll_spray.jpg

You must be one up tight son of a bitch.