Another Nail In STAP'S Coffin

bbob

In this day and age of plant closures, down weeks, and layoffs, it confounds me that people are unable to get their asses to work. Friday night @ STAP we were unable to run and they sent us home after an hour and fifteen minutes and that is all we will recieve in pay for that night. No short work week, no four hours pay no nothin. I hope you people enjoyed you're night off(173 awols) because you just might have put another nail in our plant's coffin. When dearborn is looking for any excuse to close plants under a restructuring THAT IS NOT FINALIZED, come to work do your job, and build a good fucking product!!!

When they announce the plant will close do whatever the fuck you want. But until that time get your ass to work and don't give any excuses about a few fucking snowflakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In this day and age of plant closures, down weeks, and layoffs, it confounds me that people are unable to get their asses to work. Friday night @ STAP we were unable to run and they sent us home after an hour and fifteen minutes and that is all we will recieve in pay for that night. No short work week, no four hours pay no nothin. I hope you people enjoyed you're night off(173 awols) because you just might have put another nail in our plant's coffin. When dearborn is looking for any excuse to close plants under a restructuring THAT IS NOT FINALIZED, come to work do your job, and build a good fucking product!!!

When they announce the plant will close do whatever the fuck you want. But until that time get your ass to work and don't give any excuses about a few fucking snowflakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't know about you guys, but the local bargaining committee has told us that the international has agreed to change the national Visteon/UAW agreement regarding attendance, effective Jan. 1 '06. The will be eliminating one of the disciplinary progression stages, and they will be counting consecutive absences as SEPARATE disciplinary occurrences. If you miss four days, when you come back on the fifth day you could find yourself terminated. The only concession the union got was to roll back everyone's record, if you are in the second stage they’ll put you back in the first. They took 125 "problem" individuals and explained the new system to them, so it isn't like they haven't been warned. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Don't know about you guys, but the local bargaining committee has told us that the international has agreed to change the national Visteon/UAW agreement regarding attendance, effective Jan. 1 '06. The will be eliminating one of the disciplinary progression stages, and they will be counting consecutive absences as SEPARATE disciplinary occurrences. If you miss four days, when you come back on the fifth day you could find yourself terminated. The only concession the union got was to roll back everyone's record, if you are in the second stage they’ll put you back in the first. They took 125 "problem" individuals and explained the new system to them, so it isn't like they haven't been warned. Will be interesting to see what happens.

That is already our policy here @ STAP anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

I just found this thread. Was that not the day of the huge storm? The 401 was closed down in several spots with the OPP asking people to stay off the roads? Now I understand that it was the afternoon shift and many roads were passable (barely still) but I don't blame anyone for not going in that night. I work on the A shift and I did not go into work that morning. Not because I'm a deadbeat. I have an excellent attendance record but I felt that my safety was more important than anything.

There was another bad storm a week or two earlier. That storm made the morning drive VERY bad and caused MANY people to be late. I personally had more than a couple death defying experiences and tripled the time of my morning commute that day. The company responded to that by docking people and unauthorizing the lates (later to be authorized). That was a completely unclassy, demoralizing and disrespectful move on the company's part. Both storms had more than just a few snowflakes. The driving conditions were absolutely horrible. People were putting their personal safety at risk by being on the roads.

I put the blame on the company for causing the 173 AWOLs that night because the previous incident showed their lack of respect for the welfare of their employees and seriously eroded their loyalty.

Edited by STAP130

I just found this thread. Was that not the day of the huge storm? The 401 was closed down in several spots with the OPP asking people to stay off the roads? Now I understand that it was the afternoon shift and many roads were passable (barely still) but I don't blame anyone for not going in that night. I work on the A shift and I did not go into work that morning. Not because I'm a deadbeat. I have an excellent attendance record but I felt that my safety was more important than anything.

There was another bad storm a week or two earlier. That storm made the morning drive VERY bad and caused MANY people to be late. I personally had more than a couple death defying experiences and tripled the time of my morning commute that day. The company responded to that by docking people and unauthorizing the lates (later to be authorized). That was a completely unclassy, demoralizing and disrespectful move on the company's part. Both storms had more than just a few snowflakes. The driving conditions were absolutely horrible. People were putting their personal safety at risk by being on the roads.

I put the blame on the company for causing the 173 AWOLs that night because the previous incident showed their lack of respect for the welfare of their employees and seriously eroded their loyalty.

[/quote

I don't what world your from but the day of that storm if you worked the day shift that would have put people at risk when the day shift was over it was pretty clear the roads were a little slippery but manageble,

you talk about loyalty your loyalty is to the company that pays pretty good wages and benifets and they expect you to come to work.On January 23 when they tell everybody there plans don't come whining to the union because they didn't do enough to save your jobs. Nobodys more pissed off about that than your plant chairman, you think he don't see the big picture, its time guys like you started being responsible for you own action. WAKE-UP you spoiled fuckin baby.

Edited by stap2005

They shouldn't even roll back their records. I'm all for getting rid of deadbeats!!

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!

The union should be concerned with the 95% of us who go to work everyday! Go back to the old days.... you don't want to work you don't have a job! The union has lost their focus on SOLIDARITY. They waste too much time and effort on the select few who are ruining it for all of us.

Edited by davio

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!

The union should be concerned with the 95% of us who go to work everyday! Go back to the old days.... you don't want to work you don't have a job! The union has lost their focus on SOLIDARITY. They waste too much time and effort on the select few who are ruining it for all of us.

Well said ... I agree!!

Oh, and Happy New Year ... owe .. my head.. ;-)

Well said ... I agree!!

Oh, and Happy New Year ... owe .. my head.. ;-)

Happy New Year to you all. We had that happen at TCAP just this last June. Well over 100 awols, night shift was sent home payed only for the time they were there and no short work week. Yes it was hot that day, but everybody else managed to get their ass's to work. There was little to no sympathy for the no shows.

I don't what world your from but the day of that storm if you worked the day shift that would have put people at risk when the day shift was over it was pretty clear the roads were a little slippery but manageble,

you talk about loyalty your loyalty is to the company that pays pretty good wages and benifets and they expect you to come to work.On January 23 when they tell everybody there plans don't come whining to the union because they didn't do enough to save your jobs. Nobodys more pissed off about that than your plant chairman, you think he don't see the big picture, its time guys like you started being responsible for you own action. WAKE-UP you spoiled fuckin baby.

I'll tell you exactly what world I come from. It's a magical place where people who want to be taken seriously use proper spelling and grammar. You should visit some time. Perhaps you could learn how to use punctuation first. But let's pretend just for a moment that I take you seriously...

The O.P.P. were telling people to stay off the roads and the 401 was closed in some sections well into the night. But I'm not here to argue about the specific details from that day. You entirely missed my point. (which somehow does not surprise me) Regardless of YOUR opinion on the road conditions, the fact is people put their personal safety and the welfare of their families at risk by travelling in those conditions. Don't judge other people because their priorities are different from yours. Just because you're a bootlicker who prioritizes attendance over your own well being and the welfare of your family doesn't mean everyone else should do the same. I have friends that have been in accidents while commuting to work on bad roads. They indubitably would have saved themselves a lot of pain, headaches and money by staying home instead.

The previous storm caused a great number of people to be late. Making it safely to work at all that morning was a feat in itself, let alone making it on time. The company demonstrated a serious lack of respect for it's employees by initially not authorizing the lates and docking people a petty point or two. That move was certainly not the only thing Ford has done to undermine employee loyalty over the years. Loyalty is a two way street and Ford certainly did not promote any loyalty that day. The bitterness that was left over is a likely reason why some people did not come to work under those conditions a second time. Why would they put themselves at risk again for an ungrateful employer? Paying good wages and benefits does not buy loyalty nor does it obligate employees to assume undue risks.

Anyway, if you really think that the future of our plant hinges solely on our attendance record from a couple snowy days then you're obviously a bigger idiot than your post would suggest. Ford has an extensive list of factors determining plant closures in this latest round of restructuring and I can safely say that poor weather attendance is near the bottom of that list. And I guarantee that the attendance at STAP is no worse than ANY plant facing uncertainty.

As for your comments about whining to the Union, being responsible for my own actions and being a spoiled baby... wow, you really are a dolt. Save your personal attacks and ignorant comments for some time when you might actually have a clue.

For now, there are plenty of things we can do collectively to help secure our future. Perhaps a workforce of at least average intelligence that can read and write would seem valuable to Ford Motor Company.

Maybe we should be working together rather than arguing online. I'll promise to try and get to work in poor weather if you learn how to write.

Edited by STAP130

I'll tell you exactly what world I come from. It's a magical place where people who want to be taken seriously use proper spelling and grammar. You should visit some time. Perhaps you could learn how to use punctuation first. But let's pretend just for a moment that I take you seriously...

The O.P.P. were telling people to stay off the roads and the 401 was closed in some sections well into the night. But I'm not here to argue about the specific details from that day. You entirely missed my point. (which somehow does not surprise me) Regardless of YOUR opinion on the road conditions, the fact is people put their personal safety and the welfare of their families at risk by travelling in those conditions. Don't judge other people because their priorities are different from yours. Just because you're a bootlicker who prioritizes attendance over your own well being and the welfare of your family doesn't mean everyone else should do the same. I have friends that have been in accidents while commuting to work on bad roads. They indubitably would have saved themselves a lot of pain, headaches and money by staying home instead.

The previous storm caused a great number of people to be late. Making it safely to work at all that morning was a feat in itself, let alone making it on time. The company demonstrated a serious lack of respect for it's employees by initially not authorizing the lates and docking people a petty point or two. That move was certainly not the only thing Ford has done to undermine employee loyalty over the years. Loyalty is a two way street and Ford certainly did not promote any loyalty that day. The bitterness that was left over is a likely reason why some people did not come to work under those conditions a second time. Why would they put themselves at risk again for an ungrateful employer? Paying good wages and benefits does not buy loyalty nor does it obligate employees to assume undue risks.

Anyway, if you really think that the future of our plant hinges solely on our attendance record from a couple snowy days then you're obviously a bigger idiot than your post would suggest. Ford has an extensive list of factors determining plant closures in this latest round of restructuring and I can safely say that poor weather attendance is near the bottom of that list. And I guarantee that the attendance at STAP is no worse than ANY plant facing uncertainty.

As for your comments about whining to the Union, being responsible for my own actions and being a spoiled baby... wow, you really are a dolt. Save your personal attacks and ignorant comments for some time when you might actually have a clue.

For now, there are plenty of things we can do collectively to help secure our future. Perhaps a workforce of at least average intelligence that can read and write would seem valuable to Ford Motor Company.

Maybe we should be working together rather than arguing online. I'll promise to try and get to work in poor weather if you learn how to write.

why is it that every time someone feels offended they pick on people's spelling I think you read this and understood every word no matter how it was spelt and I really don't want anybody to risk there life going to work in a snowstorm but you have to admit it really wasn't that bad. Any way I guess I'll have go to spell check now that I know there's a scholar on this post.

Hey Stap 2005 they have a program at the plant that is taught by Penny, you know the one, BEST it would be a great benefit to you to look into this course and learn how to fucking spell!! Oh yes , way to go STAP 130 you the man.

Edited by bodyman

• 3 weeks later...

:lol:

Well said STAP 130, I haven't had a laugh like this in quite some time. This guy is probably one of those senior people who walk around spreading their good cheer with the starting quote " I heard that ". I have been hearing that STAP was going to close since the day I started. These morons don't seem to understand that the company uses salaried creightons to spread their negative grapevine information to us as a means of motivation. The supervisors, in many cases, know far less than we do. Perhaps those who want to " hear it " from the horse's mouth should take an hour out of their busy lives once a month and go to a meeting where they can spend ten minutes of their high powered lives to hear Whitey's report. Everything that we hear is pure speculation. I think that these people want to see our plant go down because of their own greed, apparently 25,000 isn't good enough, they are holding out for 75,000 or more. You know, with their vast array of formal education and marketable skills they should be entitled to executive compensation. Why should we expect anything less of a group of people who have yet to do anything other than two-fifths of fuck all for 35 plus years. Anyway, best of luck to all of us, maybe they are saying ten facilities so when it turns out to be six they will be deemed as the saviours of us all. Politics suck, right brothers.