When to order 2010 Fusion?

svtenthusiast

Since the Fusion manufacturing plant will be idled for January, I am wondering when I should be thinking about ordering my 2010 Fusion. I currently have a '07 F-150 on Lease which is due in April. I am hoping for an early lease renewal offer from Ford after the first of the year, so I was figuring the 1st of March for the purchase. I assume a 6-8 week build time, but that may be off now that they will be backlogged with Fusion orders while they are idled. So when to order? Before they idle? During the idle?

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-to-idle-m...del-launch.html

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should order now actually. I ordered last week and my dealer is expecting a March-April arrival date.

Thanks for the info. We will check with the Ford regional rep soon and hopefully get more info on this. If this is the case, the lots will be long out of the '09's by March-April, seems like a bad business move.

I'm not sure about the 2009 model because I didn't compare between the 2, I wanted a 2010 from the start. FYI Rapid Spec 301A is $24052 on X Plan.

Where can I find the Rapid Spec figures? I have a copy of the order guide, but it does not indicate pricing.

I would like a Fusion Sport.

Thanks.

Edited by Louis M

Looks like this is the latest (revised 11/08/08) 2010 Fusion dates. It's probably good production is not starting up in December, I would worry about quality issues if they built vehicles for a few days and then were off for the rest of December and January.

2010 Initial Order Acceptance

10/23/08

2010 Production Scheduling Begins

12/11/08

2010 Production Start Up

02/04/09

Edited by svtenthusiast

• 2 weeks later...

As stated above, production doesn't start until Feb 09 now. The Ford regional rep didn't have any information, let alone know the plant was going to be closed in Jan. It's amazing you can find more info on the internet than the regional reps know and they work for Ford! :banghead:

Anyways, I did the deed and ordered a 2010 Fusion Sport AWD on 11/15. I was on the fence about the AWD and wanted to see what the fuel economy ratings were going to be, but gave up on Ford releasing those numbers. I hope since they talk about improving the AWD on the new MKZ that the numbers for the MKZ fuel mileage will improve, which in turn will improve the same 3.5L powertrain in the Fusion Sport.

Here's what I ordered, which is every available option except for the remote start which is a factory invoiced, dealer installed accessory. We hope it arrives in March since the lease on my F-150 ends in April.

P0D Fusion Sport AWD $27675

U1 Sport Blue (exterior)

V Lthr Seats-SPRT

B Sport Blue (seat inserts)

402A Rapid Spec $4030

-Electronics/Convenience GRP

-Blind Spot Detection

-RR View Camera

-Heated FRT STS

-AMB Lighting

-HTD Mirr W/Puddle Lamps

-Moon & Tune PKG

-Power Moonroof

-Sony Audio SYS

-Reverse Sensing

99C 3.5L 4V V6 ENG

44B 6-SPD AUTO TRAN

-P225/45R18 TIRE

55M Floor Mats, A/W $75

58N Navigation SYS $1775

DEST and DELIVERY $725

TOTAL BASE AND OPTIONS $34280

SPECIAL ADDED SAVINGS ($1035)

TOTAL $33245

Edited by svtenthusiast

As stated above, production doesn't start until Feb 09 now. The Ford regional rep didn't have any information, let alone know the plant was going to be closed in Jan. It's amazing you can find more info on the internet than the regional reps know and they work for Ford! :banghead:

Anyways, I did the deed and ordered a 2010 Fusion Sport AWD on 11/15. I was on the fence about the AWD and wanted to see what the fuel economy ratings were going to be, but gave up on Ford releasing those numbers. I hope since they talk about improving the AWD on the new MKZ that the numbers for the MKZ fuel mileage will improve, which in turn will improve the same 3.5L powertrain in the Fusion Sport.

Here's what I ordered, which is every available option except for the remote start which is a factory invoiced, dealer installed accessory. We hope it arrives in March since the lease on my F-150 ends in April.

U1 Sport Blue (exterior)

V Lthr Seats-SPRT

402A Rapid Spec $4030

-Blind Spot Detection

-RR View Camera

-Heated FRT STS

-AMB Lighting

-HTD Mirr W/Puddle Lamps

-Moon & Tune PKG

-Power Moonroof

-Sony Audio SYS

-Reverse Sensing

99C 3.5L 4V V6 ENG

44B 6-SPD AUTO TRAN

-P225/45R18 TIRE

55M Floor Mats, A/W $75

58N Navigation SYS $1775

DEST and DELIVERY $725

TOTAL $33245

My lease ends March 31, 2009 so I guess I should be ordering mine as well. I would get everything that you have except AWD. My sales rep of course told me that I could extend the lease on my 2006 Fusion SEL V6, so I don't really have a problem, except that this new car is so sweet! I can't wait to get one.

I will order black with charcoal seats and inserts, although I must say that bright silver looks great too. I saw the blue on the web at the LA auto show. What a great looking paint job!

All we can do is wait for now. In the meantime I continue to enjoy my '06.

U1 Sport Blue (exterior)

V Lthr Seats-SPRT

402A Rapid Spec $4030

-Blind Spot Detection

-RR View Camera

-Heated FRT STS

-AMB Lighting

-HTD Mirr W/Puddle Lamps

-Moon & Tune PKG

-Power Moonroof

-Sony Audio SYS

-Reverse Sensing

99C 3.5L 4V V6 ENG

44B 6-SPD AUTO TRAN

-P225/45R18 TIRE

55M Floor Mats, A/W $75

58N Navigation SYS $1775

DEST and DELIVERY $725

TOTAL $33245

I think at one point you noted that you would do a two-year lease. If you don't mind my asking, did your dealer give you a quote on the monthly payment, and if so how much will it be?

Thanks,

Louis M

I think at one point you noted that you would do a two-year lease. If you don't mind my asking, did your dealer give you a quote on the monthly payment, and if so how much will it be?

Thanks,

Louis M

Well we couldn't get an exact quote because the residual values have not been released. We used the residuals from the 2009 AWD and came up with something in the low $500.00/month range. Keep in mind I am under D plan pricing.

If you need anything let me know. I can also give you the prices on the non-AWD in the same configuration, but I don't have the info with me right now.

Well we couldn't get an exact quote because the residual values have not been released. We used the residuals from the 2009 AWD and came up with something in the low $500.00/month range. Keep in mind I am under D plan pricing.

If you need anything let me know. I can also give you the prices on the non-AWD in the same configuration, but I don't have the info with me right now.

Well, here I am again. I hope it is not an inconvenience for you, but I do have another question that you can most likely answer. You seem to know it all regarding Ford.

I called my sales rep and he said that I should order within the next few weeks in order to get my car by the end of March. I will order a black Sport with charcoal interior. He tells me that the inserts for the charcoal seats will be a different color than the rest of the seat, that is, the seat will be black and the insert will be a shade of grey. I do not read it that way in the order guide. It seems to say "black seat inserts".

Do you ave any idea of which interpretation is correct?

As always thanks for your help.

Louis M

Well, here I am again. I hope it is not an inconvenience for you, but I do have another question that you can most likely answer. You seem to know it all regarding Ford.

I called my sales rep and he said that I should order within the next few weeks in order to get my car by the end of March. I will order a black Sport with charcoal interior. He tells me that the inserts for the charcoal seats will be a different color than the rest of the seat, that is, the seat will be black and the insert will be a shade of grey. I do not read it that way in the order guide. It seems to say "black seat inserts".

Do you ave any idea of which interpretation is correct?

As always thanks for your help.

Louis M

I have attached the only picture I could find that looks like the all charcoal interior (must be a early prototype because it looks like it has the blue dash trim, the trim will be dark with the all charcoal interior). I have also attached a shot of the order guide that says it's black seat inserts.

post-27929-1228335140_thumb.png

post-27929-1228335148_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Update on mine- to be built the first week of February. That's earlier than I thought!

Congratulations! Did you get an actual build week through the Ford system? Also, if you don't mind me asking, what number range is the last digits of your VIN number? I guess I need to see if mine has updated with a real build week now.

Congratulations! Did you get an actual build week through the Ford system? Also, if you don't mind me asking, what number range is the last digits of your VIN number? I guess I need to see if mine has updated with a real build week now.

The actual build week is 2/2. I didn't ask my dealer for the VIN though.

This is the 4th car I've ordered from Ford, so I know what to expect- the unexpected! Always count on your car arriving later than expected. So I'm planning for late March. If it shows up before then- I'll be pleasantly surprised!

• 3 weeks later...