When to order 2010 Fusion?

svtenthusiast

I ordered my 2010 Fusion Sport yesterday--Silver with charcoal interior and Moon and Tune package. My lease on my 07

Edge runs out on May 1st, so I'm a little nervous about this because I do not want to extend. Of course the dealer knows nothing yet, but it worried me some when they told me that they didn't know how long it would take and they were concerned. Hopefully they'll notify Ford of the lease expiration and push it through.

I was surprised how pricey this car was. My Edge was $6-700 less two years ago! If it looks like it's going to be a long term thing (I've had bad experiences before--waited 5 months for the new issue Mustang II and nearly 8 months for a 77 T-Bird plus 3 months for a 97 SHO), I may cancel and get something else, as much as I don't want to do that.

welcome to BON. :happy feet:

hopefully you get your fusion by may. if your ordered car doesnt show by then you could always have the dealer trade for one. there is bound to be a silver sport on a lot by then.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dealer had no news this weekend on my Fusion hybrid except I probably won't receive it before April or possibly later. I wonder if Ford is even scheduling production dates on the hybrids yet.

My dealer also confirmed the April date. They are building them however. But they are going to build a few thousand(of all model types) warehouse them, then mass ship out.

Ordered a 2010 Milan Hybrid last week (2-16), almost fully loaded (Z-Plan). Dealer used an invoice from a Michigan dealer as a go-by since he didn't have the new pricing guide in hand. Dealer said about 8 to 10 weeks but I will believe that when I see it. This was the first 2010 order they have taken, though they have also sold the unit they ordered for the dealership. Should have more details by the end of the coming week. They indicated there was some confusion in Dearborn, because of all the layoffs, etc with people changing responsibilities, so we will see if it really effects anything.

But they will have the 2010s at the Cleveland Autoshow next Saturday. I hope they have either the Ford or Mercury hybrid there too.