09' F-150 SALES?

TOMSIMMS

I don't see buy just a few sales either off the lots or ordered for the new 09' W/O MAJOR cash incentives. Like in the $5K arena. Best Buy said today they're NEVER experienced such a cautious consumer buying mind set. WORST they've experienced. Ford must either cut back on the production of the 09' F-150 or offer impressive rebates. Those hefty incentives on the 08's will also haunt Ford because they "stole" sales from the 09's. Not a very happy auto world today for sure.

I don't see buy just a few sales either off the lots or ordered for the new 09' W/O MAJOR cash incentives. Like in the $5K arena. Best Buy said today they're NEVER experienced such a cautious consumer buying mind set. WORST they've experienced. Ford must either cut back on the production of the 09' F-150 or offer impressive rebates. Those hefty incentives on the 08's will also haunt Ford because they "stole" sales from the 09's. Not a very happy auto world today for sure.

At least they're selling something and, when the '09s hit the lots in substantial numbers, the bulk of the unsold '08s should be gone. This will mean that fourth quarter '08 earnings will remain in the tank, but things could improve in first quarter '09. There are always buyers out there who have to have the newest and nicest trucks as soon as they come out. However those buyers are not going to turn Ford earnings around. Ford can toss out incentives if they can't compete with GM or Dodge, but I feel for the people who earn a living from new cars/trucks in today's market.

I think they will sell well. The new 09 F150 is a much better truck than the 08 and is a safer truck ,as well. People are going to the dealers and cannot find them. As soon as they come in, they are gone ! Once the credit crisis ends and gas keeps on falling, they will move off the lots.

According to Ford and Ford dealers there is no credit crisis - people who qualified for loans before are qualifying for loans now.

According to Ford and Ford dealers there is no credit crisis - people who qualified for loans before are qualifying for loans now.

I have had no problems in the finance department at my store. Still not only getting approvals, but the rates haven't really changed either. Other than the media gloom, you'd have no idea there was a credit crisis.... Other than the lack of floor traffic, that is... :censored:

• 3 weeks later...