Seen new Canadian dodge commercial?

goinbroke2

Saw it tonight on TV. I almost shit!

$14,000 off!

Holy crap!

keep in mind that currently, Canadian vehicles have huge rebates to account for the rising Canadian dollar.

They are just advertising it now.

So that $14k discount is on a truck with a sticker of $40+ Canadian. Far higher than the US sticker price.

Oh I realize it's canadian prices, it was on ATV I think. Point is though $14,000 off a 40,000 truck is still HUGE!

Probably is 08's though.

Which veh have rebates because of the dollar?? (besides, it's at like 81cents right now)

the trebates were brought in 2 months ago when the Cdn dollar was at par.

So yes, its a $40 k truck, but what is the US price? $25k or so?

It sounds like a lot, but all vehicles in Canada have some kind of rebate due to the currency fluctuation

Strange the currency fluctuations would change vehicle prices that drastically. Household income doesn't change with exchange rates.

correct.

But when the Canadian dollar rose significantly, the populace demanded that Canadian prices drop to be closer in line with US prices. On cars, books, appliances, you name it.

Most retailers have offered temporary sales and rebates and kept listed prices unchanged.