Aww...c'mon...it's Panther related in the Panther forum...I'm keeping it out of the Windstar section.

I still don't see what the Flex is doing that the X isn't. And that's not saying the Flex is bad...it's not...I don't see what more it's accomplishing for quite a bit more coin versus the X. I guess it has the "bling" covered where the X was lacking, but that's about it.

IIRC, the fleet only Crown Vic nearly outsold Volvo (the whole brand) for either September or October, better believe they're making $$$.

I wonder what the tow rating is going to look like for a D3 Explorer?

Flex is simply an all-around better vehicle than the Taurus X. Of course it's going to cost more. It does everything better.

As for the Crown Vic comparison, I really don't see your point. The Crown Vic outsold Ferrari also, but does that mean anything? It's a useless comparison.

On the Explorer, I'd look at towing to be somewhere around 5500 lbs or so. Completely adequate for a vehicle that size.

Oh, and just razzin' ya about the regret thing. LOL Good to have ya back.

Edited by NickF1011

Flex is simply an all-around better vehicle than the Taurus X. Of course it's going to cost more. It does everything better.

Touche'

As for the Crown Vic comparison, I really don't see your point. The Crown Vic outsold Ferrari also, but does that mean anything? It's a useless comparison.

Meh...it was more of an observation than a comparison.

On the Explorer, I'd look at towing to be somewhere around 5500 lbs or so. Completely adequate for a vehicle that size.

Think it will be that high? It is unibody...I'm thinking around 3500 lbs.

Oh, and just razzin' ya about the regret thing. LOL Good to have ya back.

:drop:

The Flex already maxes out above that, 4500 lbs I believe. The Explorer could very well be a unit body/ladder frame integration that would push that significantly higher.

How many times do we have to point out to these yahoos that the Grand Cherokee is a unibody platform yet still manages a 7,000 lb tow rating. I think the Land Rover is similar. It's not the platform, it's how you build it.

• 2 weeks later...
How many times do we have to point out to these yahoos that the Grand Cherokee is a unibody platform yet still manages a 7,000 lb tow rating. I think the Land Rover is similar. It's not the platform, it's how you build it.

I've tried to make that argument before, but it never works. However, its true that BOF is better for towing because you can in fact abuse it more. I don't see what the change would help though. Look at the GC, its not like its thousands of pounds lighter. It's simply impossible to produce a 2,000 lb. vehicle with a 40 mpg four cylinder that will tow 7000 lbs. I know those are absurd numbers, but the fact remains the same.