Man Builds Audi R8 Out of a Mercury Cougar

http://jalopnik.com/5095021/man-builds-aud...-mercury-cougar

Read this article, thought I'd post it, as it was done off an 2001 Mercury Cougar.

It's pretty realistic looking (exterior at least). I mean obviously you can tell it's fake, but still, pretty good job, I'd say.

Wow... that's pretty convincing actually. I'm usually able to pick these apart...

Too bad it's based on a cougar :banghead:

Wow... that's pretty convincing actually. I'm usually able to pick these apart...

Too bad it's based on a cougar :banghead:

Yeah, but still, it's impressive he was able to do that. I wonder if (and I'm assuming he did) he had to buy R8 head and taillights? That must've been rather expensive.

A friend of mine has an Audi S5 and was considering getting the headlights with clear turn signals instead of orange (I don't know if the bulb would be orange, but it would be removing the orange color from the turn signal indicators). Anyways, he said it would've been $1,500 just to have that done, so I assume R8 lights would be pretty high up there price wise.

Edited by rmc523

Yeah, but still, it's impressive he was able to do that. I wonder if (and I'm assuming he did) he had to buy R8 head and taillights? That must've been rather expensive.

A friend of mine has an Audi S5 and was considering getting the headlights with clear turn signals instead of orange (I don't know if the bulb would be orange, but it would be removing the orange color from the turn signal indicators). Anyways, he said it would've been $1,500 just to have that done, so I assume R8 lights would be pretty high up there price wise.

They are authentic. However, the price of the lights couldn't be close to how much he must have spent on that sculpting medium. It's some seriously expensive stuff. Edited by Versa-Tech

I wonder how the hell you even order replacement parts on such an exclusive car without actually owning one... hmmm

Get a VIN and you can order most things. Certain exotic OEMs wont sell anything unless its to a certified shop, but Audi doesnt fall into that boat.

Get a VIN and you can order Mustang Bullitt specific parts, Mexican Ranger headlights and damn near anything else you want. Im sure those Audi lights were around $1500 each assembly at least. HIDs and the sheer low volume of units made those a rare piece indeed. Of course, it could have been a used set off a totaled one

12-14-07_1658.jpg

12-14-07_1700-1.jpg