Job's Bank is Gone

Makeastand

If the job's bank dissapear's, and national seniority fall's into place, what actually happen's? KTP is my home plant and like most plant's we have recieved local government grant's to keep our plant running and maintain a certian level of employment. How would a local government react to "out of towner's" moving to a plant to bump a lower seniority worker out of a job? Not trying to be a smart ass, just curious how that will work.

Next question. If a worker move's from one plant to another, seem's to me that the said employee would have a horrific time selling their old home and possibly not be able to find financing for a new home given the current credit crisis. This will devistate the family that is moving to their new town as well as the family who has lost their job. This could futher crush the housing market and the credit crisis. Then again I am not an economist.

Next Question. If we are forced once again to make concession's, say job's bank gone, delay in 2010 health care funding, forfeit contract bonuses and maybe a $2 cut in pay just for instance. Just hypothetical. I hope none of this happen's but if it does you know Toyota, Hyundai, Honda, Subaru what ever non union plant's there are in the U.S. will force concession's on their employee's. Who is to say that the company wont come back to us and say "guess what we need in order to compete with the transplant's"? That's right more concession's. When in the hell will they quit trying to compete at the expence of the hard-working middle class? These exec's are supposed to be God-like geniuses. They have a framed piece of paper hanging on the wall to prove it. When will they be able to step outside of the paradigm that they live in and create new and feasible idea's that will move the company to a new level without evaporating the middle class? We are the back bone of this nation.

Congress gave AIG and Citigroup bailout money with no question's asked, no hearing, no plan's of how they will make a turnaround. I am furious as a auto worker and I am pissed as a tax payer. Anyone asking for bailout money should expect to provide a business plan! Why does congress let them off the hook? Because the banks and lending institution's produce more white collar jobs than the auto industry and also scratches the backs of congress behind closed door's. We American's need to stand together and let our voice be heard before we turn into a third world country.

Solidarity

Sarah Webster the auto writer for the free press in detroit said on TV that retiree benefits will and have to be on the concession list along with wages and current employee benefits.

She is a good auto reporter and has been on our side for as long as I've read her stuff.

I know what I will do if the job bank is gone and all I have is unemployment. The first payment that I wont make will be my Ford Motor Credit note, after about 3 months they could come and get it. If I worked at Honda or Toyota why would I want the UAW to represent me? The UAW's inability to organize the transplants is why we are getting screwed. If Honda, Toyota, Nissan were organized and the UAW forced the same conditions on these companies, the news media couldnt say that we make $73 and they make $45. It would be different due to legacy cost but it wouldnt be as wide as it currently is.

Ron you are a company man, you went to congress and begged for money for the companies. You bragged about how you accepted cuts and not once did I hear you tell congress that if these companies go bankrupt you want congress to approve funding for retiree health and pension benefits, current workers to get money for retraining, government health benefits and money to cover their expenses until they are retrained. No you didnt stand up for workers you begged for the companies to get money.

YOU MY FRIEND ARE A COMPANY MAN!

All of my UAW brothers and sisters, we can do ten times better than Ron and Bob but we are going to have to step up and take charge because they are going to fight for their jobs. I only wish they would be fighting for ours.

I know what I will do if the job bank is gone and all I have is unemployment. The first payment that I wont make will be my Ford Motor Credit note, after about 3 months they could come and get it.

Yeah, that's what I would do too. And if they asked why I wasn't paying, I would remind them how Ford screwed me out of my benefits that helped me pay for my car.

If I worked at Honda or Toyota why would I want the UAW to represent me?

Why don't you quit then go get a job at honda or toyota and find out. Heck, while you are there start your own union and show Bob and Ron how to be ten times better. Shouldn't be to difficult.

People like you is why the UAW is in the shape it is in! You accept everything they tell you and when someone argues that they are not doing their job, all you can say is quit.

You my friend are a great follower, I just hope the govt comes up with a loan or you will end up at WalMart doing the cheer every morning! I can hear you now, WalMart is the best company in the world, they employee more workers than any other American company. I know we cant afford health care and have to get food stamps to make ends meet but I sure am glad WalMart hired me.

Maybe if my daddy was an international rep. or I kissed enough ass I would have been an international rep. the only problem is I wouldnt go with the status quo.

People like you is why the UAW is in the shape it is in! You accept everything they tell you and when someone argues that they are not doing their job, all you can say is quit.

You my friend are a great follower, I just hope the govt comes up with a loan or you will end up at WalMart doing the cheer every morning! I can hear you now, WalMart is the best company in the world, they employee more workers than any other American company. I know we cant afford health care and have to get food stamps to make ends meet but I sure am glad WalMart hired me.

Maybe if my daddy was an international rep. or I kissed enough ass I would have been an international rep. the only problem is I wouldnt go with the status quo.

And wait till the Walmart store manager comes up to him and tells him he's working extra hours tonight and he's not getting paid for it and don't think you can just leave, either. The doors will be locked and you'll be here till I let you out.

job bank gone at GM and Chrysler not Ford.......

Mulally is a freaking genius :happy feet: :happy feet:

think about what he is doing! GM needs $18 bill Chy needs $7 bills =$25 billion Ford needs $0000000

only wants a stand by line of credit.. MAYBE just maybe the govt will give ALL of the $25 bills to GM and Chrysler and NONE to FORD!!!!!! Ford will come out smelling like a ROSE for taking NO CASH>>

Fords sales will improve alot in the coming months as people will buy Fords trucks and cars over a near bankrupt GM. Mulally deserves every penny he gets, he got us that loan ahead of time and now Ford will be # 1 within a year. Y do U think there adding shifts to KC and DTP?? They seen this coming.

Ford has the BEST CEO!! The Lebron James of CEO's he's that good!!!!! :happy feet:

job bank gone at GM and Chrysler not Ford.......

Mulally is a freaking genius :happy feet: :happy feet:

think about what he is doing! GM needs $18 bill Chy needs $7 bills =$25 billion Ford needs $0000000

only wants a stand by line of credit.. MAYBE just maybe the govt will give ALL of the $25 bills to GM and Chrysler and NONE to FORD!!!!!! Ford will come out smelling like a ROSE for taking NO CASH>>

Fords sales will improve alot in the coming months as people will buy Fords trucks and cars over a near bankrupt GM. Mulally deserves every penny he gets, he got us that loan ahead of time and now Ford will be # 1 within a year. Y do U think there adding shifts to KC and DTP?? They seen this coming.

Ford has the BEST CEO!! The Lebron James of CEO's he's that good!!!!! :happy feet:

i have to agree with you 100% I don't think the jsp will be gone at Ford we dont need any money we have enough to last through next year I think it is all about Chy and Gm not Ford.......

i have to agree with you 100% I don't think the jsp will be gone at Ford we dont need any money we have enough to last through next year I think it is all about Chy and Gm not Ford.......

You 2 JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!! :finger::finger::finger:

WE ARE 1 UNION!!!!!!! :finger::finger::finger:

UNITED Auto Workers!!!!! :finger::finger::finger:

There is NO separate Ford Auto Workers Union!! :finger::finger:

Whatever GM & Chrysler get Ford is also going to get!

U seless

A nd

W orthless

You 2 JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!! :finger::finger::finger:

WE ARE 1 UNION!!!!!!! :finger::finger::finger:

UNITED Auto Workers!!!!! :finger::finger::finger:

There is NO separate Ford Auto Workers Union!! :finger: :

SORRY U R WRONG WE R FORD EMPLOYEES WE NEED FORD to survive and be #1

Whatever GM & Chrysler get Ford is also going to get!

So Y did the chrysler workers not give up that $1 raise until last year?? We gave it up in 06!!

And I suppose if Ford workers get a $5000 profit sharing check GM workers would get the same also right???

We R FORD workers not GM. GM and FORD R rivals they compete to beat the other company. Always have always will!!!!!!!!!

Your WRONG on this one my friend

I want FORD to survive other then that I dont care about any other company be it Toyota or GM they are BOTH our competitors!! IF GM and Fords fortunes were reverses U think GM would not try to squash Ford!! They would!!

GM wants to buy Chrysler and layoff 60% of those workers... Squashing another competitor it what they do!!!!!!!

I work for FORD my check says FORD MOTOR COMPANY not UAW or GM.PERIOD!!!!!!!

Edited by CSMJ

Sarah Webster the auto writer for the free press in detroit said on TV that retiree benefits will and have to be on the concession list along with wages and current employee benefits.

She is a good auto reporter and has been on our side for as long as I've read her stuff.

I agree!! Sarah Webster has actually worked on the line to see how hard it is. I love a girl that is not afraid of hard work!! some of the men in Detroit News don't have the balls to step up to the plate and find out what a real blue collar job is.

Jobs Banks language is the same for all 3, but it stands for each on its own. So in other words, you can have one of the big 3 lose the jobs bank language yet have 2 still with it. Another example would be if a MSOG from GM was placed in the JSP program or Jobs Bank he/she would not have the right to move to a Ford plant if there was an opening. GM and Chry have a two tier pay agreement involving "non core jobs" yet Ford has a two tier pay agreement involving 20% of its workforces total number, reguardless of work type. Again, same UAW, but much different rules.

Fighting each other will never help any of us. Auto Workers have suffered enough concessions. The jobs bank language was modified greatly with our 07 contract, as well as our beny's, new hires, pay rates, new hire retirement, GEN language, and COA contracts etc, etc. We have lost over 400k Auto Manufacturing jobs here in Michigan alone. The worst part is the fact that all 3 are saying that their future plan intails more job loss's and fewer plants.

I guess the whole problem is the fact that the big3 asked for a loan instead of a bailout. Citygroup asked for a bailout and got damn near 350 billion and they, not long ago, reduced 52k jobs. Wonder if they will re-instate any of those jobs, yea I'll hold my breath. Here's a link, if you need to look it up.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=aPx3.YS8vkBc

Enough Union Concessions

ReDemption I totally agree with you, but worries me is the fact that GM and Crysler will more than likely loose the jobs bank and more than likely Ford will be the last one to renegotiate. With that being said, I fear we will loose the jobs bank and low seniority people like myself (10 yrs) will permanatly loose their job. Sorry for the errors, on my way out the door to work.

ReDemption I totally agree with you, but worries me is the fact that GM and Crysler will more than likely loose the jobs bank and more than likely Ford will be the last one to renegotiate. With that being said, I fear we will loose the jobs bank and low seniority people like myself (10 yrs) will permanatly loose their job. Sorry for the errors, on my way out the door to work.

You have NOTHING to worry about. CSMJ assures us this will not affect Ford. And he KNOWS!!! The messiah has spoken and that’s the gospel.

Bow.jpg

U seless

A nd

W orthless

Keep DREAMING Dumbass!!! :finger: You'll see....

Corner_Dumb_Ass.jpg

U seless

A nd

W orthless

Keep dreaming about what?? U dont want ford to be #1. did u watch the hearings??

It was said over and over if not for GM there would be no hearing. GM is the problem!!

Mulally said he was there to SUPPORT the other 2 companies, exactly my point

So I guess if GM goes under Ford must go so they can have the same pain???

Besides we r UAW/FORD my jacket does not say UAW/Ford/GM

Are they separate companies ........... Yes or NO???

Keep dreaming about what?? U dont want ford to be #1. did u watch the hearings??

It was said over and over if not for GM there would be no hearing. GM is the problem!!

Mulally said he was there to SUPPORT the other 2 companies, exactly my point

So I guess if GM goes under Ford must go so they can have the same pain???

Besides we r UAW/FORD my jacket does not say UAW/Ford/GM

Are they separate companies ........... Yes or NO???

You R DA MAN!!!

Bow.jpg

You have NOTHING to worry about. CSMJ assures us this will not affect Ford. And he KNOWS!!! The messiah has spoken and that’s the gospel.

Bow.jpg

U seless

A nd

W orthless

Fact is I got seniority Ill have a job. If they had 5,000 employees left I'll be one of them!!

But Im not one of those high seniority assholes Im really concerned about my low seniority friends!

Until Ford takes govt money there is no need for them to give up the JSP.... We can all take a pay cut to keep JSP at least through 2010. I'll vote for that.What about u?? Will u take a $2 an hour pay cut to help fund JSP for another year?? I would

We cant just throw guys out the door with no notice. Most workers bought stuff thinking they had JSP until 2011 and most could not make 2 house payments without the JSP money.

Name call all u want to I dont care but we are 1 union at Ford and we need to take care of the lowest members who may be laidoff.

Fact is I got seniority Ill have a job. If they had 5,000 employees left I'll be one of them!!

But Im not one of those high seniority assholes Im really concerned about my low seniority friends!

Until Ford takes govt money there is no need for them to give up the JSP.... We can all take a pay cut to keep JSP at least through 2010. I'll vote for that.What about u?? Will u take a $2 an hour pay cut to help fund JSP for another year?? I would

We cant just throw guys out the door with no notice. Most workers bought stuff thinking they had JSP until 2011 and most could not make 2 house payments without the JSP money.

Name call all u want to I dont care but we are 1 union at Ford and we need to take care of the lowest members who may be laidoff.

I think most people on this site know what's going to happen with all this. We will follow the precedent set by GM & Chrysler. You can continue living in your fantasy world, though. Like I said, you'll see.

I think most people on this site know what's going to happen with all this. We will follow the precedent set by GM & Chrysler. You can continue living in your fantasy world, though. Like I said, you'll see.

Answer the question

Are GM and Ford separate companies......yes .......or ...........no..........