VOTE NO

Bigcountry

Do you see Critic, this is what I am talking about... We have given, we are just unwilling to keep giving, and giving until its all gone. There has to be a point where a person says "Ok , thats it, I am done ! let the chips fall where they may." I have both parents that are retired from Ford.. this is killing me, but I believe its time to make a stand. I would like to retire someday, but if we give up here, that may never happen.

I haven't been here posting, because it's always the same small amount of discontents posting over and over and over.

YOU comprise about .5% of the employees. And when your posts come up in a google search or in other parts of this site. it makes you look like the fools you are.

You drag down the good with the whining you constantly do do. You depress the ones that are grateful to have a job and appreciate the pay they do receive.

You can't take the heat from another worker, but sitting in your arm-chair at home and tossing out threats and big words on the Intertubs makes your point well understood.

Their was a long pause before i started typing this again.. IF the name Critic pisses you off, then it's worked. But MR. You got the balls, stand up in your union hall and say these same things. Here's one more for you. Soldiers of Solidarity can use your kind also.

Now go talk to the hand!

Critic you are either white collar or an international rep. you throw out the Soldiers of Solidarity like it is a bad thing. The spirit of SOS is good but its approach is flawed.

What about Labor Notes? This group was founded in the late 70's in Detroit. It was founded as somewhat of a protest against the UAW and how the UAW is not working towards workers interest. This group is well respected by activist, unions (including UAW), scholars and politicians throughout the U.S.

The largest group of bloggers on this site care or they wouldnt be taking their time blogging. Most of these people including myself are frustrated that our international union could care less how we feel about anything that affects our lives or workers in general and do not even give us the respect to voice our opinion.

Here is the link for those who want and expect better of their union.

http://labornotes.org/

Critic...........You hit the nail on the head>>>> very little people do NOT even know about the sub credits being disclosed on your paycheck, sub credits as I recall....STOPPED being printed on our paychecks I would like to esttimate somewhere in the timeline of the early 1989-1990, the change came when the company went from having the paychecks having a "clear" window showing our name and the FORD logo printed all over the paycheck on the outside. Damn!!! They are setting us all up to get unemployment, then weeks later, ......the sub fund has dried out. And so will our asses be.........SOL.

Can someone please explain "sub credits"...? I have never heard of this.

My husband has his sub credits on his check but I don't have them on mine. I've never seen mine. Didn't they stop printing those on the checks around 1990 or so? Is there any way we can find out how many credits we actually have? I'm curious about it now.

Can someone please explain "sub credits"...? I have never heard of this.

Sub credits were credits that were given to all blue collar workers prior to 1990. These credits would max out once a worker got a certain amount. When you get laid off you would be paid SUB based off of your credits. In the late 70's early 80's Ford was paying 1 weeks pay for 1 SUB credit. When the SUB fund got low they raised the number of credits taken for each weeks pay, like 4 credits for a weeks pay. When SUB ran out of money which it did, workers didnt get any money from Ford. The problem was no buyouts were offered and the low seniority employees laid off drew most of the money, when the higher seniority employees who were laid off later in the down cycle started to draw SUB money the pot was empty. The same could happen today if the buyouts were not offered. But the last few contracts gave workers job security that would put them in GEN after 46 weeks of SUB. Now JSP only provides up to 2 offers or 2 years of income in the event of a layoff. Hopefully if JSP is set aside, our union can get SUB paid for laid off workers until they are offered a transfer. At one time SUB fund had close to $1 billion and I am sure there is still hundreds of millions in the pot.

Sub credits were credits that were given to all blue collar workers prior to 1990. These credits would max out once a worker got a certain amount. When you get laid off you would be paid SUB based off of your credits. In the late 70's early 80's Ford was paying 1 weeks pay for 1 SUB credit. When the SUB fund got low they raised the number of credits taken for each weeks pay, like 4 credits for a weeks pay. When SUB ran out of money which it did, workers didnt get any money from Ford. The problem was no buyouts were offered and the low seniority employees laid off drew most of the money, when the higher seniority employees who were laid off later in the down cycle started to draw SUB money the pot was empty. The same could happen today if the buyouts were not offered. But the last few contracts gave workers job security that would put them in GEN after 46 weeks of SUB. Now JSP only provides up to 2 offers or 2 years of income in the event of a layoff. Hopefully if JSP is set aside, our union can get SUB paid for laid off workers until they are offered a transfer. At one time SUB fund had close to $1 billion and I am sure there is still hundreds of millions in the pot.

Wow! Yeah, that was before my time... Thank you for explaining it!