Possible 3rd rnd of buyouts in '09

FordTrucklover

If/when this happens sometime next yr, it is plausible, as we are in different

position than GM/Chrysler, i am gone this time..............................im done,

after 15yrs w/ company and 2 plants, this VA boy will take it.

Sorry to see you go, dude. I too have 15 years and it is a real hard decision to make. I have also thought about the next buy-out myself. Whatever you do, I hope it works out for you.

position than GM/Chrysler, i am gone this time..............................im done,

i know, i feel your pain, there will be more buyouts....

if i get a job offer from AL. then i will go too.....

ponder this if theres no JSP then will ford offer the $100K??????????

Transplants offered $40-60K to leave.

One thing is certain GM will not offer the $140K again u can bet your ass on that.

i'd hope they offer the $100K again, maybe they will also offer $70K to retire and try to get rid of the remaining 8K guys or so who can retire and hire younger workers for $14 an hour!

who knows maybe ronny will cut a deal to sace his internatl joba and say no to any buyouts!!!!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the Big 3 can have any buyout's if they take a bailout or bridge loan from the Goverment.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the Big 3 can have any buyout's if they take a bailout or bridge loan from the Goverment.

Yeah that is assuming there are buyouts.You know another thing is this.If we get our wages clipped then those who took an SER or are on a pension negotiated previously could conceivably make more money sitting at home than a person could showing up for work forty hours a week!This job at Ford is all about politics.Politics and musical chairs.Individual skill and work ethic has nothing to do with it.Save every penny you can.Back when I was a kid we got socks and underwear for Christmas,,,,and a great big tray of lasagna!

Edited by Fatso

Yeah that is assuming there are buyouts.You know another thing is this.If we get our wages clipped then those who took an SER or are on a pension negotiated previously could conceivably make more money sitting at home than a person could showing up for work forty hours a week!This job at Ford is all about politics.Politics and musical chairs.Individual skill and work ethic has nothing to do with it.

Yes, I totally agree. The guy down the line from me came to work so drunk he fell into the machine. He's one of the union leader's nephew, so he was well taken care of and still has his job. This is ALL politics, from the drunk on the line to the CEO's at the begging table.

Why aren't we holding each other accountable for what our fellow person is doing to drag down Ford?

ponder this if theres no JSP then will ford offer the $100K??????????

Transplants offered $40-60K to leave.

One thing is certain GM will not offer the $140K again u can bet your ass on that.

i'd hope they offer the $100K again, maybe they will also offer $70K to retire and try to get rid of the remaining 8K guys or so who can retire and hire younger workers for $14 an hour!

who knows maybe ronny will cut a deal to sace his internatl joba and say no to any buyouts!!!!!!

SORRY, but your lame predictions dont mean SQUAT!

your not even close to nostrodamus(whatever)

Hope your wrong. With wage cuts coming, no job security, anything relevent to retirement up in the air, Why stay?

Hope your wrong. With wage cuts coming, no job security, anything relevent to retirement up in the air, Why stay?

they were tore up by congress for paying hourly to leave, i would guess you would never see another buyout, if there is seperation from the company it would be a layoff, and who knows if the modified jsp would allow you in after 42 weeks or whatever the rule is now.

and i like the line of thinking here, never thought about the pay cut vs retirement pay, cause there are many that were told they were only making a dollar to five dollars more than if they would retire, now if they take the paycut they would make the same or less than if they would of retired but without the $100K bonus.

I took the buyout $50k, in March, hoping to get another job in the $10 hr range.....guess what, NOBODY will hire an ex UAW employee, they are afraid we might try and unionize their people. I have been looking and looking. Once they find out how I got my training, I never hear back from them ! I even was hired as a security guard,working the exit booth at Budget rent a car @ Metro Airport. They told me Full time, $9.50 hr, no bennies ! . This lasted 1 week, then I ended up Fri, Sat , and Sun, 12:45 - 7:45 am, w/o a lunch or break !! I had to work alone, and was responsable for verifying what left the lot was correct, plus security of the office, lot and garage.......too much responsibility for 1 person armed with only an ink pen.

Make sure you have a job BEFOR you take your buyout, your retirment check comes 6 weeks later, and your B/O check soon after that.

In this downturn with the market, I lost over $50 k already.........Think long and hard...I'm sorry i left. :titanic:

I took the buyout $50k, in March, hoping to get another job in the $10 hr range.....guess what, NOBODY will hire an ex UAW employee, they are afraid we might try and unionize their people. I have been looking and looking. Once they find out how I got my training, I never hear back from them ! I even was hired as a security guard,working the exit booth at Budget rent a car @ Metro Airport. They told me Full time, $9.50 hr, no bennies ! . This lasted 1 week, then I ended up Fri, Sat , and Sun, 12:45 - 7:45 am, w/o a lunch or break !! I had to work alone, and was responsable for verifying what left the lot was correct, plus security of the office, lot and garage.......too much responsibility for 1 person armed with only an ink pen.

Make sure you have a job BEFOR you take your buyout, your retirment check comes 6 weeks later, and your B/O check soon after that.

In this downturn with the market, I lost over $50 k already.........Think long and hard...I'm sorry i left. :titanic:

At the KCAP, our union reps don't explain shit. Did you get to keep your health insurance if you took the buyout? I'm talking about putting 21 years of hard work into Ford and leaving with no health insurance. Getting a new job is a scary proposition and I think that will change when bush packs up his office and goes.

that's totally untrue, your either not looking hard enough, or only looking in a certain area....

oh yeah next two weeks, i got two interviews in ALABAMA, guess who they are...

if you are willing to work, and show up, they dont care.....

that's totally untrue, your either not looking hard enough, or only looking in a certain area....

oh yeah next two weeks, i got two interviews in ALABAMA, guess who they are...

if you are willing to work, and show up, they dont care.....

i agree, i just got called back from jsp and while i was on 85% i held 2 different jobs and had calls from head hunters offering 15-22 and hour 3 to 4 times a week, did not take any of those since i was already making more than that where i was working, but there is many jobs out there and none of them cared that i was uaw. i bet you did not take advantage of the free school and looking for a job without a degree,, correct?

i agree, i just got called back from jsp and while i was on 85% i held 2 different jobs and had calls from head hunters offering 15-22 and hour 3 to 4 times a week, did not take any of those since i was already making more than that where i was working, but there is many jobs out there and none of them cared that i was uaw. i bet you did not take advantage of the free school and looking for a job without a degree,, correct?

I hope Ford can some how offer a buyout. I just want a chance to go on.

well right, i am currently a student working on a degree

but the two interviews(both 3rd's) next week are not for degree jobs, in fact, they are transplants.

the tough thing about buyouts is the small window they give you to take it. I was looking at jobs back in october when they had the buyout, and have an interview this week in houston as a result of those efforts...unfortunately there are no buyouts going on right now....I would really feel like a fool to quit a job like mine, without another job lined up...Just wish they gave us more time. You never know ahead of time when the window will be, and the window is relative small.