STAP News

Jake1520

i've been reading about 2 plants closing the first quarter of 2009 and 4 more by 2011. Since STAP has product commitment only until 2011, the chances look good we could be one of those. Also heard on Friday that our cars could be going to Oakville for 2012 anyone else heard anything similar lately.

i've been reading about 2 plants closing the first quarter of 2009 and 4 more by 2011. Since STAP has product commitment only until 2011, the chances look good we could be one of those. Also heard on Friday that our cars could be going to Oakville for 2012 anyone else heard anything similar lately.

Hey buddy i'm not hearing anything good about Oakville, so don't worry.

I heard that the day the orders stop coming in is the day we're done....especially if our government doesn't step up to the plate with some major investment money,and even still we may be all done....gocash

Anyone who thinks that Stap will build anything but what we build now is a moron..Once ford can no longer make money on the panther the plant will close. It's time to accept reality, the writing is on the wall just ask Scott Smith. Pay your debts and plan another career!!!!!

Stapguy you don't know shit like the rest of us.You just get off spouting the negative.I'd hope we'd know our future by what Ford is telling the gov't to secure the loans.By the time we close some of us won't need another career unlike some of you.Some of us hope for the best not for ourselves but for(to use your word) morons like you. :stirpot: :blah:

Edited by GuyfromSTAP

Stapguy you don't know shit like the rest of us.You just get off spouting the negative.I'd hope we'd know our future by what Ford is telling the gov't to secure the loans.By the time we close some of us won't need another career unlike some of you.Some of us hope for the best not for ourselves but for(to use your word) morons like you. :stirpot: :blah:

Didn't Ford already announce that STAP is closing in 2011? I do recall something to that effect, no? Just asking.

Didn't Ford already announce that STAP is closing in 2011? I do recall something to that effect, no? Just asking.

Not quite. Ford said that the plant is good through 2011. In other words, they could announce a 12/31/11 closure at any time. On the other hand, if sales plummet - and many US state Governments are now running huge deficits - I would think there is an out that would allow an earlier closure just like GM did in Oshawa (i.e market-related).

I truly believe that the future of the Plant is in the employees' hands....and with the rright offer from the employees, anything is possible. If I was an emplyee of STAP, I would be talking to Steve Smith and telling him (and CAW executives) that we're in a tough situation and we should be willing to do whatever is necessary to save the Plant. And don't forget that the savings that employees aoffer flow right through to Ford's bottom line since the Company is losing money......whereas employee paycheques do not suffer as much because any givenbacks are "Pre-Tax". The actual effect on take-home pay is less.

Employees and retirees can save this plant if they want to. They need to ask whether or not they are better off on the unemplyment line....or at some fast food restuarant call center earning $10/hour........or where they are now earning 420/hour. I know which choice I would make!

when we voted on our last contract our union told us Ford planned to close our plant in 2010. Our union negotiated a one year reprieve. When Scott Smith was asked about us never been told Fords plan to close us, although I can't remeber his exact words, but he basically said isn't it obvious. According to that info Ford plans on closing Stap 2011 unless there is a miraculous turn around..Also that "one year reprieve" was totally based on market conditions...no demand..no plant...As for the workers making a difference, I believe Ford makes decisions based solely on Location and political enviroments. They have closed some of their most productive and high quality plants, while giving new products to others that are not so..

hoping for the best dosn't pay the mortgage.

Stapguy was warning you to be prepared.

If Ford chooses to close another Canadian plant... will it be single shift STAP that makes a soon-to-be-dead product? Or the recently updated OAC located at Head Office with 4 new products?

You can hope, but you also need to be realistic.

hoping for the best dosn't pay the mortgage.

Stapguy was warning you to be prepared.

If Ford chooses to close another Canadian plant... will it be single shift STAP that makes a soon-to-be-dead product? Or the recently updated OAC located at Head Office with 4 new products?

You can hope, but you also need to be realistic.

Guy I'm hoping everyone has been paying their debts and mortgages off...whether we close or not shouldn't matter in that regard.Stapguy doesn't need to

"warn" anyone it's not like we are blind to see the possibilities.I doubt we close till the Crown Vic is being no longer made but it seems like there are people inside the plant that only see negative when they don't know anymore then the rest of us.If you know more spit it out.Anyone is fooling themselves if they think the union won an extra year for our plant...Ford will continue to make the car aslong as it's profitable,the CAW didn't get us any extra time.Your question is good about STAP and OAC...I think head office has very little effect on the decision.Ford will go where they make the most money.I'll have my time in by the time we could possibly close.I wonder why guys like Stapguy and the others that spout the negative all the time didn't take the buyout if they are so sure it's done for us?There may be no buyout when and if we close so that could be a pretty pricey mistake if you are so sure we are done don't you think?

Guy I'm hoping everyone has been paying their debts and mortgages off...whether we close or not shouldn't matter in that regard.Stapguy doesn't need to

"warn" anyone it's not like we are blind to see the possibilities.I doubt we close till the Crown Vic is being no longer made but it seems like there are people inside the plant that only see negative when they don't know anymore then the rest of us.If you know more spit it out.Anyone is fooling themselves if they think the union won an extra year for our plant...Ford will continue to make the car aslong as it's profitable,the CAW didn't get us any extra time.Your question is good about STAP and OAC...I think head office has very little effect on the decision.Ford will go where they make the most money.I'll have my time in by the time we could possibly close.I wonder why guys like Stapguy and the others that spout the negative all the time didn't take the buyout if they are so sure it's done for us?There may be no buyout when and if we close so that could be a pretty pricey mistake if you are so sure we are done don't you think?

excellent points!

You'll have your time in? For what a pension? Everything is on the table, so just keep your blinders on and build that quality car like a good little soldier.

For you to believe that Oakville being head office will not effect decisions just proves how out of touch you truly are. Ford may decide what country to have assembly plants based on cost, but the exact location is truly political. In the end productivity and quality play a very small part in Ford decisions. I appreciate your advise that I should just put on a happy face and ignore the enviroment we have to endure but I live in the real world...When the plant does eventually close I will also have my time in and can only hope Ford hasn't found a loop hole which will enable them to deny my pension. As for the buyout, I have made more money this year than what would have been payed out. I think unless someone had a sure thing waiting for them, or simply couldn't endure the enviroment, the buyout without a pension simply wasn't worth it. You can be as angry as you like with those of us just trying to accept our reality, but maybe you should direct some of that anger at a company who have made years of poor decisions. This didn't happen overnight, but we are certainly paying for it quickly.

The key for STAP is the bailout from the Canadian gov ....tieing the money to saving the plant

the money is coming once the US bailout cash is online

but....... if it is as Mulaley says and Ford doesn't need the cash then the tie in is moot

as for peeps in the plant you would be crazy in not getting your own debt in line ....if the plant close's you will get your pension don't look for "buyout" money that is never going to happen again ...the U.S. gov would have a coronary ...you will never see the $70,000 plus car again

For you to believe that Oakville being head office will not effect decisions just proves how out of touch you truly are. Ford may decide what country to have assembly plants based on cost, but the exact location is truly political. In the end productivity and quality play a very small part in Ford decisions. I appreciate your advise that I should just put on a happy face and ignore the enviroment we have to endure but I live in the real world...When the plant does eventually close I will also have my time in and can only hope Ford hasn't found a loop hole which will enable them to deny my pension. As for the buyout, I have made more money this year than what would have been payed out. I think unless someone had a sure thing waiting for them, or simply couldn't endure the enviroment, the buyout without a pension simply wasn't worth it. You can be as angry as you like with those of us just trying to accept our reality, but maybe you should direct some of that anger at a company who have made years of poor decisions. This didn't happen overnight, but we are certainly paying for it quickly.

I'm not angry at all at you.I'm saying you don't know shit.Why try to give the illusion that you know we are closing when you are dense on the subject.There's a few people like you in the plant...always negative then if somehow good news happens you'll claim you knew that also.Bud you are out of the loop as the rest of us.If you know anything let's hear it...otherwise you are speaking out of your ass.You are clueless like the rest of us but you choose to dwell on the negative....you must be a jolly fella!

All you need to do is prove how smart you are by telling us what you know...I think that would be a short conversation.

I'm not angry at all at you.I'm saying you don't know shit.Why try to give the illusion that you know we are closing when you are dense on the subject.There's a few people like you in the plant...always negative then if somehow good news happens you'll claim you knew that also.Bud you are out of the loop as the rest of us.If you know anything let's hear it...otherwise you are speaking out of your ass.You are clueless like the rest of us but you choose to dwell on the negative....you must be a jolly fella!

All you need to do is prove how smart you are by telling us what you know...I think that would be a short conversation.

Thanks Bro couldn't have said it better! I just wish these dumb asses would shut up and go away, always negitive and nothing positive to say. Ford and only Ford is calling the shots, maybe these guys should have taken the buyout if things look so bad. We are in the same boat as many other plants, they too have gone down to one shift, the only difference our car is still selling and Ford is still making profit, as long as this is still happening we will remain open!

Are you living in Egypt? Cause you are most certainly in Da Nile.

Are you living in Egypt? Cause you are most certainly in Da Nile.

I'm in denial because I said I nor him know anything???WTF are you talking about.You don't know shit either...lol...first time anyone has ever told me I know more then I do.If you are Xstapr(no longer at Stap) wtf would you know about anything anyways...now shoo,go back inside your whiskey bottle. :hysterical:

Edited by GuyfromSTAP

Only thing I've heard lately is the car is good till 2013 so we'll get another contract.Could be and probably is BS but that's a new one for me.

2013?

Probably is BS.

If you have some sources for your info lets hear it... otherwise you are speaking out of your ass. You dont know shit. Why are you trying to give the illusion you know something. Bud you are out of the loop like the rest of us.

Do these words sound familar? They are yours. So if you want to dog stapguy, make sure your not spreading your own shit. Heed your own advice.

It's christmas, I switched from whiskey to rum and eggnog.

2013?

Probably is BS.

If you have some sources for your info lets hear it... otherwise you are speaking out of your ass. You dont know shit. Why are you trying to give the illusion you know something. Bud you are out of the loop like the rest of us.

Do these words sound familar? They are yours. So if you want to dog stapguy, make sure your not spreading your own shit. Heed your own advice.

It's christmas, I switched from whiskey to rum and eggnog.

LOL...I'm not sure how many time's I've said I know nothing.The OP asked if anyone had heard anything.I said the 2013 and I said it could and probably is BS.Stapguy said we were closing with nothing to back it up like truth,I said a rumor which I said was probably BS.Your detective skills are lacking,back to the couch to watch more CSI and too much of the nog will curdle in an old guys belly. :tequila:

LOL...I'm not sure how many time's I've said I know nothing.The OP asked if anyone had heard anything.I said the 2013 and I said it could and probably is BS.Stapguy said we were closing with nothing to back it up like truth,I said a rumor which I said was probably BS.Your detective skills are lacking,back to the couch to watch more CSI and too much of the nog will curdle in an old guys belly. :tequila:

You throw out some crap about 2013 and add the declaimer "its probably BS" or "its a rumour" to cover your ass, then u lay in to stapguy.

If stapguy had of added the same disclamer, would u have been fine with it?