Van Dyke Layoffs

theycandothat

Well it seems the rumor is back. 300 people to be laid-off in January. Anybody heard different, because the union is mum on everything. You would think they could atleast tell the membership what is going on, but that would take up all their free time to smoke. Sounds like I mentioned that earlier. Flood the plant with not needed people, and then lay-off the low senority. Gotta love the Union. Oh yeah remember these words in a letter. These will be the last people to come over, and that was 120 people ago.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it seems the rumor is back. 300 people to be laid-off in January. Anybody heard different, because the union is mum on everything. You would think they could atleast tell the membership what is going on, but that would take up all their free time to smoke. Sounds like I mentioned that earlier. Flood the plant with not needed people, and then lay-off the low senority. Gotta love the Union. Oh yeah remember these words in a letter. These will be the last people to come over, and that was 120 people ago.

There will be more, anyone with 94 senority or less are fucked

I think the Van Dyke plant is f___ed. If you are cash strapped what would you sell? Sterling with manfacturing and heat treat and 100% teir 2 emps in the near future or a trans assembley plant with high senority and about 18 yrs before you see even 1 teir 2 emp can you say Batavia/ZF . Dont forget they still havent given up call back rights. and how good is being in better shape than the other 2 when you cant get a loan to buy a car.

I think the Van Dyke plant is f___ed. If you are cash strapped what would you sell? Sterling with manfacturing and heat treat and 100% teir 2 emps in the near future or a trans assembley plant with high senority and about 18 yrs before you see even 1 teir 2 emp can you say Batavia/ZF . Dont forget they still havent given up call back rights. and how good is being in better shape than the other 2 when you cant get a loan to buy a car.

The 6 speed trans is to valuable to sell, and there is more work coming down the line for HYBRID.

So what line are they getting rid of if they are laying off 300 people? If they were laying off that many a line and half of another one would be going away. Why people post this crap is unreal.

As far as I know. They are not getting rid of any line. Volumes are down, sales are down, don't you read the news. 6F only need 1400 a day, they are making 1960 now. 2 shifts will remain, but half the amount of people running the jobs. Jph will decrease and cycle time will increase (doubling up jobs). Thats not all Fn will be reduced also. Volume decreases. Have'nt you heard gas is $1.50 a gallon who needs fuel efficient cars. They don't need 3 shifts everywhere as production has decreased. Just wait the worst is yet to come.

As far as I know. They are not getting rid of any line. Volumes are down, sales are down, don't you read the news. 6F only need 1400 a day, they are making 1960 now. 2 shifts will remain, but half the amount of people running the jobs. Jph will decrease and cycle time will increase (doubling up jobs). Thats not all Fn will be reduced also. Volume decreases. Have'nt you heard gas is $1.50 a gallon who needs fuel efficient cars. They don't need 3 shifts everywhere as production has decreased. Just wait the worst is yet to come.

Two out of three lines that are running 3 shifts which will go down to two

300 off the bottom would take it to april 99 to stay working. unless more come over before then. would like to think this is just a vicious rumor, but the numbers look possible. focus sales about 8300 last month, that is only 6 days production. 6f area just as bad or worse. bright spot should be midrange with the start of the fusion supply chain, but that might not justify three shifts either. union reps say just a rumor, not true. going ahead with midnight committeeman elections.

vigilante press rumor that Nick stefani may resign committee spot to take benefits rep position.

Nothing is a surprise here at Van Dyke. The union always looking out for their fellow brothers and sisters. I'm sure he did'nt have to give Mod a lap dance for that appointment. Should be an interesting time when election comes. My bet is most people would be voting for someone from Utica knowing what has gone on behind the scenes. It sounds better to me being fucked by an outsider than someone who worked at Van Dyke.

Maybe the sky will fall also, but just on van dyke.. Yes 6F is down that's why they are having TLO's. Sales are down in FN in the U.S but rember we do support oversea's. Don't think gas will stay at 1.50, your stupid to think that it will. Half the people that comment on Van dyke don't even work there. I work there and havent heard anything, just TLO for 6F and 6FM. About the 3 shift thing, they might as well keep it cuz they are paying the people anyways.

theycandothat you are an idiot, climb back in your hole and rot. You keep fear mongering on this site, but most of what you say is crap. I dont believe everything she says, but the Plant manager said there would be no 300 person layoff, yet you keep saying it. Maybe your low seniority ass should take a buyout or quit to spare yourself some stress. If you think for one second that you're just being told there is no layoff but there is really a layoff you are paranoid, lay off the pot. Fact, volumes are down in the 6F area and there is a TLO scheduled for week of Dec15 and Jan5. Fact, there is a TLO for 6FM week of Dec15. That's it. Cut your shit. Fact, US Focus sales are down and FN lost about 12,000 units to Wayne. Fact, FN got 8,300 of those units back from overseas customers, which is a total of less than 3,000 of lost volumes. They are working thru Dec23. The midnight shift isnt going anywhere any time soon, they have volumes over 560,000 for next year. If you read papers like you claim you do, you would see that the fuel efficient small cars are coming and gas prices have nothing to do with it. Did Ford scale back its plans to produce the Focus at Michigan truck, HELL NO, the last truck rolled off that line a couple weeks ago and GAS PRICES WERE ON THE STEADY DECLINE. The trend in Europe is small cars and if you were to look at history, the markets of the US tend to follow that of the Europeans. Fact, nobody knew how ignorant you actually are theycandothat, til you put it on this site. Stay anonymous it works for you.

Edited by thetruth

theycandothat you are an idiot, climb back in your hole and rot. You keep fear mongering on this site, but most of what you say is crap. I dont believe everything she says, but the Plant manager said there would be no 300 person layoff, yet you keep saying it. Maybe your low seniority ass should take a buyout or quit to spare yourself some stress. If you think for one second that you're just being told there is no layoff but there is really a layoff you are paranoid, lay off the pot. Fact, volumes are down in the 6F area and there is a TLO scheduled for week of Dec15 and Jan5. Fact, there is a TLO for 6FM week of Dec15. That's it. Cut your shit. Fact, US Focus sales are down and FN lost about 12,000 units to Wayne. Fact, FN got 8,300 of those units back from overseas customers, which is a total of less than 3,000 of lost volumes. They are working thru Dec23. The midnight shift isnt going anywhere any time soon, they have volumes over 560,000 for next year. If you read papers like you claim you do, you would see that the fuel efficient small cars are coming and gas prices have nothing to do with it. Did Ford scale back its plans to produce the Focus at Michigan truck, HELL NO, the last truck rolled off that line a couple weeks ago and GAS PRICES WERE ON THE STEADY DECLINE. The trend in Europe is small cars and if you were to look at history, the markets of the US tend to follow that of the Europeans. Fact, nobody knew how ignorant you actually are theycandothat, til you put it on this site. Stay anonymous it works for you.

Well put! Thank you! If you believe what they tell you or not what are you gonna do about it? Nothing..

I've seen what happens when you try to speak up. Ask Vince Cola. I'm not going to change anything myself, but I'm tired of everybody thinking the local union is your friend. They all are positioning themselves for a life long job, or have their hands into something. I'm not saying I believe everything I read in the Vigilante News, but it makes you think if they are looking out for us the membership in the plant. If you don't want to think about it then don't, but don't be surprised when they come around, and tell you your on the list, because I won't be. So don't think for one second I'm writing all this, to scare everybody. We all should be afraid. If not this lay-off, then The next one might get to us.

I've seen what happens when you try to speak up. Ask Vince Cola. I'm not going to change anything myself, but I'm tired of everybody thinking the local union is your friend. They all are positioning themselves for a life long job, or have their hands into something. I'm not saying I believe everything I read in the Vigilante News, but it makes you think if they are looking out for us the membership in the plant. If you don't want to think about it then don't, but don't be surprised when they come around, and tell you your on the list, because I won't be. So don't think for one second I'm writing all this, to scare everybody. We all should be afraid. If not this lay-off, then The next one might get to us.

I agree with thetruth, your a idiot! So i guess when we fight for people to get paid when they were shorted, we must be positioning ourselves for those life long jobs you mentioned huh? When we run a bump slip out to someone who is stuck on the line and cant break free, it must be so we get appointed huh? When we force the company to honor seniority, is that for a life long job too? Seeing as how you think the union is not your friend bro, feel free to check the box that says you waive your right for union representation when you get yourself in a bind. I just want to know where you get your information about this 300 person layoff. I heard that rumor and from everyone i have spoken to, it's been denied. That comes from Alex on down. So who is it that's telling you this? Now i will say that if it were me, i would take it easy this Christmas and try to save money to be on the safe side but to come on here and start bullshit with nothing to back it up is just wrong.

I think anyone who has been following what is going on can see the situation that we are in. If JSP is eliminated, would that make it easier to just ILO people? yes. But as of now, that hasn't been mentioned.

By the way, Megaford....you still haven't told me what position i am getting appointed to !!! I only ask because from what YOU SAID, it's just a matter of time.

Well I guess we can all walk around and be afraid and scared! Come on man, quit the B.S and just live your life. Worrying about this won't change what's gonna happen or not happen.

I agree with thetruth, your a idiot! So i guess when we fight for people to get paid when they were shorted, we must be positioning ourselves for those life long jobs you mentioned huh? When we run a bump slip out to someone who is stuck on the line and cant break free, it must be so we get appointed huh? When we force the company to honor seniority, is that for a life long job too? Seeing as how you think the union is not your friend bro, feel free to check the box that says you waive your right for union representation when you get yourself in a bind. I just want to know where you get your information about this 300 person layoff. I heard that rumor and from everyone i have spoken to, it's been denied. That comes from Alex on down. So who is it that's telling you this? Now i will say that if it were me, i would take it easy this Christmas and try to save money to be on the safe side but to come on here and start bullshit with nothing to back it up is just wrong.

I think anyone who has been following what is going on can see the situation that we are in. If JSP is eliminated, would that make it easier to just ILO people? yes. But as of now, that hasn't been mentioned.

By the way, Megaford....you still haven't told me what position i am getting appointed to !!! I only ask because from what YOU SAID, it's just a matter of time.

Instead of calling people names why don't you take a look at why people feel the way they do. Take a look at the latest appointments Stefani as benifits rep (good old boy system at the local). Debbie being appointed never attended a union meeting untill the month before, Mod sicking health and safety reps out on people, Lambert hiring his neighbor. Steve, its the shit that goes on behind closed doors that is hurting this membership. People feel like they don't have a say anymore in their union. Mod didn't attend last 2 out of 3 meetings according to bylaws he should be removed. Talked to people on the executive board nobody voted to have him excused but nothing will be done. These my friend are the problems. I have herd committeeman after committeman say its in Mods hands now nothing I can do. Untill the elected officials stand up to Mod he's going to continue to intimidate, thats how he works. He must have felt Stefni is a threat to his next election so he appointed him, just like he did with Keitz. Shit I would have been happy if he would have nominated the benifits rep that came over from 400 at least he has qulifications. Sometimes that union office needs to take a look in the mirror.

Instead of calling people names why don't you take a look at why people feel the way they do. Take a look at the latest appointments Stefani as benifits rep (good old boy system at the local). Debbie being appointed never attended a union meeting untill the month before, Mod sicking health and safety reps out on people, Lambert hiring his neighbor. Steve, its the shit that goes on behind closed doors that is hurting this membership. People feel like they don't have a say anymore in their union. Mod didn't attend last 2 out of 3 meetings according to bylaws he should be removed. Talked to people on the executive board nobody voted to have him excused but nothing will be done. These my friend are the problems. I have herd committeeman after committeman say its in Mods hands now nothing I can do. Untill the elected officials stand up to Mod he's going to continue to intimidate, thats how he works. He must have felt Stefni is a threat to his next election so he appointed him, just like he did with Keitz. Shit I would have been happy if he would have nominated the benifits rep that came over from 400 at least he has qulifications. Sometimes that union office needs to take a look in the mirror.

Could not of said it better myself. I feel I have no say. It's always the same game being played in there. And Steve, let me be honest, I have no beef with someone who can speak the truth as I feel you may have in some points, but lets look at who the union is getting their info from. The plant Manager is not going to come out and say their will be lay-offs. She is told by the company, just like Mod is told by International. Everything is secret. You mentioned also about the company not recognizing senority. I did not know that was an issue. Why has the union left everyone in the dark about the local contract. Seems to me if they put out a letter listing items we won't agree to then people may understand. Over a year and we still can't come to a conclusion. By the way how did you guys get that nice new union room. Just asking was that a agreement you had with alex or what.

When i hear people say the union is not your friend, that's a idiotic statement. If you have a bone to pick with a union official, call out that union official. I just don't understand why it has to be done under a fake name.If you feel that strongly about it, stand behind the statement. I know first hand from working in that room that people care about the membership. i have seen them fight for peoples rights to the point of possible discipline. To come on this site and make a blanket statement covering the whole room is wrong.

By the way how did you guys get that nice new union room. Just asking was that a agreement you had with alex or what.

I believe the new union offices were bought back in 2005, they were part of the 6f project. The plans had called for two complete phases of 6f, and there was going to be a lot of things moved, i.e. battery room, union offices,etc. So there was no bargainig for a new office. As to our union, I really wish they would just come out and lay all the cards on the table. TELL US WHAT THE COMPANY WANTS in the local agreement so that we know what the hold up is. As to the rumor about Nick S.: I sure hope it is not true. Does anybody have any INTEGRITY anymore? Does anybody know what it means? The nepotism and cronyism is killing whats left on the local.

Could not of said it better myself. I feel I have no say. It's always the same game being played in there. And Steve, let me be honest, I have no beef with someone who can speak the truth as I feel you may have in some points, but lets look at who the union is getting their info from. The plant Manager is not going to come out and say their will be lay-offs. She is told by the company, just like Mod is told by International. Everything is secret. You mentioned also about the company not recognizing senority. I did not know that was an issue. Why has the union left everyone in the dark about the local contract. Seems to me if they put out a letter listing items we won't agree to then people may understand. Over a year and we still can't come to a conclusion. By the way how did you guys get that nice new union room. Just asking was that a agreement you had with alex or what.

Don't get me wrong bro, it's not as if i take everything told to me by management as gospel. All i am trying to say is that until they come out and let us know they plan on a layoff, why would we say there is going to be one. All we can do is say they haven't mentioned a layoff, but i wouldn't be silly with your money. We can tell you they haven't said so, but that doesn't mean it wont happen so it wouldn't hurt to save your money just incase. As far as the company not recognizing seniority, it happens all the time bro. I have had to argue for seniority for tlo's many times. The Union office....That was purchased while McCoy was in office.