KTPer & LAPers Please Boycott Tenn & Smoky Mtns

Nixon4pres

I know alot of us go down there occasionally and spend our hard earned money, please join me in boycotting that state and town. With one NO vote and the other senator not even bothering to vote I have spent my last dime down there, if only I could figure out a way not to spend any money in Ky because of our 2 asshole senators I would. We were so close to voting Mitch out this year I just wonder if all our members and their familys had hit the polls if we could have put him out of business, we will never know but hopefully the silver lining behind all this will be a strong showing at the polls in future years. Good Luck all

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corker is an ass hole but pitting state against state is not the answer. If no one went to Gatlinburg, the only one's it would hurt would be the local's and not the greedy politician's. Tennesse is in the bible belt just like Kentucky and they both are republican states. Religious blue collar's typically vote republician (nothing against religion) because they don't believe in abortion and gay marriage just as union worker's typically vote for dem's because they say they are for working class American's. The people of Tennesse probably didn't realize that Corker is such a selfish bastard just like the people of Kentucky didn't realize that Mitch McPrick is such a cum junky. After all he said in his campaign that he is the reason that KTP and LAP is still open (yea we can see that). If dem's were for the working class and the GOP were against abortion and gay marriage, wouldn't they have proposed legislation to support their idea's? Hell no, this is a selling point for vote's and most importantly a mean's to split up the middle class. The truth be known, neither party like's nor appreciate's middle class. But they do know that we have core value's that they can use along with the power of the miss-informed and wreckless media, to make us turn on each other.

A great portion of American's hate us because of the media and these blood sucking politician's. What we the UAW needs, is a mean's, plan of action or a vehicle so to speak, that would unite all blue collar's, union and non-union even if it were just for a breif moment. Then we could come together and fight these rich crooked bastard's and turn this nation around so that we can clear the air of union's being a bad thing, and let the middle class prosper again.

Ron met us half way. Let's meet him the other half.

Let's show America how great a union can be. Let's show America how to stand in solidarity.

What abbout the working people who are affected by the Senators that they elected?

My thoughts exactly. Year after year, the people of Tennessee, Kentucky and Alabama have elected these evil, anti-union, anti-American, anti-middle class politicians. If they have to feel a little pain to help them 'see the light' then so be it. I had plans to go visit relatives in Kentucky over the holiday break. Our family typically spends between $1000 - $1500 on hotels, meals, gas etc. We had planned on doing a large portion of our xmas shopping after we arrived so that we could avoid having to squeeze everything in. We have now canceled all our plans and are staying home for the holidays. It may be a drop in the bucket for their a economy but I feel I have to make my own small statement...

What abbout the working people who are affected by the Senators that they elected?

well it appears that we are in the minority here.....over 90% of Americans are against the bailout of the big 3......so I don't think we have the public's ear......not a lot of sympathy for someone making $28 an hour calling for a boycott and jeopardizing the jobs of people making much less......there are posters on here that are always bitching and moaning about how much executives make... these people might feel the same about auto workers.....

well it appears that we are in the minority here.....over 90% of Americans are against the bailout of the big 3......so I don't think we have the public's ear......not a lot of sympathy for someone making $28 an hour calling for a boycott and jeopardizing the jobs of people making much less......there are posters on here that are always bitching and moaning about how much executives make... these people might feel the same about auto workers.....

That's exactaly how they feel about us. In their eye's we make way too much and have way too many benefit's not to mention the job's bank. They think we have a job that any body can do, even a cave man could do it. They think we are cry babies because we stand up for our right's and no one stand's up for their's. They think the union is bad and suck's companie's dry of all their money and put's companie's out of business.They don't understand nor can they fathom the idea that most exec's make roughly 350 time's what we make and we are only fighting for an honest day's pay for an honest day's work. That's why we need a tool or a method of getting back on the same page as the non-union blue collar worker's and show them the light. Then maybe they wont hate us and they might organize to. That's probably the best way to get to these dirty politician's. Organize all worker's. That is Corker's, McConnel's and Shelby's worst nightmare.

That's exactaly how they feel about us. In their eye's we make way too much and have way too many benefit's not to mention the job's bank. They think we have a job that any body can do, even a cave man could do it. They think we are cry babies because we stand up for our right's and no one stand's up for their's. They think the union is bad and suck's companie's dry of all their money and put's companie's out of business.They don't understand nor can they fathom the idea that most exec's make roughly 350 time's what we make and we are only fighting for an honest day's pay for an honest day's work. That's why we need a tool or a method of getting back on the same page as the non-union blue collar worker's and show them the light. Then maybe they wont hate us and they might organize to. That's probably the best way to get to these dirty politician's. Organize all worker's. That is Corker's, McConnel's and Shelby's worst nightmare.

Are you suggesting that these 3 senators are "dirty"?...in what way, because they don't support us?.....the reality is the the UAW is dying a slow death and has been long before these guys came on the scene....and a lot of the reasons were self-inflicted...

Are you suggesting that these 3 senators are "dirty"?...in what way, because they don't support us?.....the reality is the the UAW is dying a slow death and has been long before these guys came on the scene....and a lot of the reasons were self-inflicted...

Yes I am. These guys are trying to oust the union and have publicly said so. It is our right to organize. It is our right to collective bargaining. They want to squash our voice so that we cannot be heard and force us to be happy with whatever peanuts corporate America throws at us. These are the same people who misled their uneducated voters into voting for a "Right to Work" state promising better jobs while these crooks receive perks under the table. Well they got better jobs, but when and if they exterminate the union those people in the right to work states will lose everything. Just like us. The UAW may have been going downhill but these guy's want exactly that. It gives them a hard on.

Superduty you are right about the traffic, it does not make for a pleasant vacation. Been there several times but we have been going to Red River Gorge for some time now because you never have to deal with traffic.

whatever peanuts corporate America throws at us

do you mean peanuts as in $28/hour or getting paid for not working or 15+ paid hoildays a year or cheap healthcare? which peanuts are you talking about...this type of complaining is exactly what the 90% are talking about

state promising better jobs while these crooks receive perks under the table.

please provide me the link for this, I'd be interested in reading about it...

What do you call the fact that the states these senators are from have given millions of dollars in infrastructure, land, training and tax breaks to the foreign manufacturers in their states? What about the fact that they had a hand in giving the banks hundreds of billion dollars of to the banking industry without calling out the employees of the banking companies and their CEO's.

You sound like a mole do you even work for ford. not that you don't have things to say but for some one in the same boat you sound like a mole mole mole mole

no. I'm a retired autoworker.....buy I don't want the government running the auto business......they can run anything, except into the ground...

".....over 90% of Americans are against the bailout of the big3....." And your part of that 90%, right? AND your a retiree.

no. I'm a retired autoworker.....buy I don't want the government running the auto business......they can run anything, except into the ground...

oh wait. first you come in here and bash others, but now the truth comes out, it's OK to now bash the workers, but you honestly don't want your pension cut.

From your first post, your both a scumbag and a hypocrite.

What do you call the fact that the states these senators are from have given millions of dollars in infrastructure, land, training and tax breaks to the foreign manufacturers in their states? What about the fact that they had a hand in giving the banks hundreds of billion dollars of to the banking industry without calling out the employees of the banking companies and their CEO's.

so you're saying what these senators for their states was against the law?.......when Ford started its last expansion in Norfolk both the state and the city gave them money.....and the city gave them tax abatements...and if my memory serves me correctly at one time the state of Ga. offered Ford big money if they would build a new plant in a different location...Ford said no.....they were planning to move out of the south...now the transplants have come in and provided these people with jobs.....they reconized the quality of the workforce

Edited by napfirst

so you're saying what these senators for their states was against the law

No, I didn't say it was against the law. We can see where the senators concern was; union busting. So they have transplants in their states so screw the rest of UAW members in those states and screw the rest of the country. As far as the work force, I would say the work force is just as good in the north as the south. They go to the south to set up shop in the right to work states.

Edited by allin

HEY SCUMBAG, your easy to figure out.. YOU were one of this NAP people that spent years in the GEN/JSP and you had to finally retire.

LOL NOW the TRUTH COMES OUT

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooserrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

rrr

not even close, I retired long ago...the few times I was laid off...I went out and got another job...you know, like most people do...