KTPer & LAPers Please Boycott Tenn & Smoky Mtns

Nixon4pres

a wannabe? After I gave up my recall rights? You're nuts.

Considering the nine figure incentives that most, if not all, of the transplants got, I see nothing wrong about the loan request. You may have retired with thirty-five years seniority, but you either don't remember how interconnected the auto industry and the suppliers are, or you never knew to begin with. The transplants use most of the same supplier base as the Big Three do, most of the suppliers are in some form financially distressed,a nd a bankruptcy filing by any of the Detroit auto companies threatens the entire North American auto industry, transplants included, and even the transplants are acknowledging this. Moreover, they're backing up the idea of a bailout, out of their own self interest. From: http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...UTO01/812130355

Asking for the loans is arrogant? That's absurd. So far, our auto industry is the only one in the world not getting any kind of financial assistance from their government.

You're entitled to your opinion. Most of the people posting here, however, don't agree with you.

I would not expect everyone to ever agree on everything....so you see nothing wrong with the government with their hands in this business?

I see plenty wrong with the government trying to run a business. I see plenty wrong with the liberals elitists trying to dictate what kinds of cars are built, and I have equally disdain for the conservatives trying to bust the union. Plus I have even more disdain for people taking the benefits of union membership, but will support their political ideology more than their former coworkers and fellow retirees who are growing weary of being bashed by Detroit auto industry haters. Your posts fit the old adage of "With friends like you, who needs enemies?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure it is to you and I both, but not to the average guy ....he sees auto workers as over paid.....that was my point.....it depends on your perspective...

We cannot control what the public thinks of us. But as this thread started out, we can control where we spend our money.

Damn right I supported Obama's tax plan, I still do, and I make no apologies for it. What does that have to do with this situation of the Detroit automakers? For someone who is deriving the benefit of the same retiree benefits that the Detroit critics complain about, you're the one being a hypocrite. You obviously are passionate in your conservative political beliefs, and in fact care more about your conservatism than you do with the well being of your former coworkers and fellow retirees, but you have no qualms about taking the benefit of a company program, that the union fought for going back to before you got hired, and the conservative Detroit auto industry critics describe as too liberal.

Any where you go in this country, they call that hypocrisy.

again, I should have known better than to expect you to understand my point......I tried....

We cannot control what the public thinks of us. But as this thread started out, we can control where we spend our money.

you missed again.....the point of this thread is boycotting the state of Tenn. and that is based on commnets made by some Senator who I'm sure is getting it from his constituents...hence the public....

Absolutely. Exactly the point of this thread.

again, I should have known better than to expect you to understand my point......I tried....
I understand your point. I do not agree with it. I should have known better than to expect you to pick up on that. I am also not surprised, in the least, by your attitude. Like i said, you are a hypocrite. Someone asked why you don't forego your pension. I was wondering the same thing. Seems to me that it's too liberal for a conservative like you to accept. ;)

you missed again.....the point of this thread is boycotting the state of Tenn. and that is based on commnets made by some Senator who I'm sure is getting it from his constituents...hence the public....

I didn't miss the point. People cannot be controlled. You come on here trying to tell others how to think. You aren't going to change the way people are. You can't control the posters thoughts on here no more than we can control the publics image of the D3. And I wonder if the Senator is hearing anything from his constituents. That would be interesting to know.

I understand your point. I do not agree with it. I should have known better than to expect you to pick up on that. I am also not surprised, in the least, by your attitude. Like i said, you are a hypocrite. Someone asked why you don't forego your pension. I was wondering the same thing. Seems to me that it's too liberal for a conservative like you to accept. ;)

I earned my pension....why would I give it up...

I didn't miss the point. People cannot be controlled. You come on here trying to tell others how to think. You aren't going to change the way people are. You can't control the posters thoughts on here no more than we can control the publics image of the D3. And I wonder if the Senator is hearing anything from his constituents. That would be interesting to know.

trying to change who?....I only stated my opinion.....I know better than to try and change auto workers....hell I worked around them for 35 years.....

I guess I should have known that you are in faovr of handouts...after all you are a liberal, right?.....

You are so right but boycotting a state is not the right way. Boycotting is something that Al Sharpton would do and BTW it doesn't win people over to support your idea. It only creates more negativity and animosity between the two sides. If you want to win the support of your enemies, then you have to show them how your idea benefits everyone involved more so than theirs. Not everyone in Tennesse hates us and you cannot penalize a group of people who are so misled by the media.

Almost everywhere I go in my end of town I talk to people about the bailout and explain how the media get things wrong about autoworkers and the industry. Never has anyone walked away saying "to hell with the Big 3". Typicaly they say "man I didn't realize you guys dont make $70 an hour). They don't realize that if the UAW falls, then so do the wages of a lot of other blue collar workers.They believe what they see on the news and thats what they will always believe until they are told other wise. Hearing it from an autoworker (and not a third party) is like hearing from the horses mouth.

If you still insist on boycotting then boycott the usual things we (the union) boycott. Buy American! Not everything American made is union made so buy union made products when you can, but always buy American made products that are American owned and based!

I earned my pension....why would I give it up...

Because you, being a Rep, should lead by example. That is a basic plank of any Rep platform. Instead, you moan, bitch and whine about those active employees whom moan, bitch and whine about losing their contracted benefits. Seems to me, you are just another passenger in the entitlement boat. The only exception is you feel you 'earned' your bennies and active employees should follow the ignorant public's desire in giving up theirs. To me, that puts you in the same catagory as snake nut-cheese... and worth about half as much.

You are so right but boycotting a state is not the right way. Boycotting is something that Al Sharpton would do and BTW it doesn't win people over to support your idea. It only creates more negativity and animosity between the two sides. If you want to win the support of your enemies, then you have to show them how your idea benefits everyone involved more so than theirs. Not everyone in Tennesse hates us and you cannot penalize a group of people who are so misled by the media.

Almost everywhere I go in my end of town I talk to people about the bailout and explain how the media get things wrong about autoworkers and the industry. Never has anyone walked away saying "to hell with the Big 3". Typicaly they say "man I didn't realize you guys dont make $70 an hour). They don't realize that if the UAW falls, then so do the wages of a lot of other blue collar workers.They believe what they see on the news and thats what they will always believe until they are told other wise. Hearing it from an autoworker (and not a third party) is like hearing from the horses mouth.

If you still insist on boycotting then boycott the usual things we (the union) boycott. Buy American! Not everything American made is union made so buy union made products when you can, but always buy American made products that are American owned and based!

Good post, the first one to make any sense at all....+1

Because you, being a Rep, should lead by example. That is a basic plank of any Rep platform. Instead, you moan, bitch and whine about those active employees whom moan, bitch and whine about losing their contracted benefits. Seems to me, you are just another passenger in the entitlement boat. The only exception is you feel you 'earned' your bennies and active employees should follow the ignorant public's desire in giving up theirs. To me, that puts you in the same catagory as snake nut-cheese... and worth about half as much.

show me where I said you should give up your benefits....

show me where I said you should give up your benefits....

Nappy, I know you have a problem reading, you've proved it before. As I have told you before, go back and read slowly. You have never said I should give up my benefits and I never said you did. Mine are similar to yours. I did say that 'you feel you 'earned' your bennies and active employees should follow the ignorant public's desire in giving up theirs.' To qualify that statement, one only needs to browse the "Pearl Harbor" thread. Your comments there (and here) are replete with the same old tired Rep cliches and agenda of union busting. The quandry you are in and must solve is: Are you a Rep first or an autoworker first? The events of the last week proves that one cannot be both... anymore.

Nappy, I know you have a problem reading, you've proved it before. As I have told you before, go back and read slowly. You have never said I should give up my benefits and I never said you did. Mine are similar to yours. I did say that 'you feel you 'earned' your bennies and active employees should follow the ignorant public's desire in giving up theirs.' To qualify that statement, one only needs to browse the "Pearl Harbor" thread. Your comments there (and here) are replete with the same old tired Rep cliches and agenda of union busting. The quandry you are in and must solve is: Are you a Rep first or an autoworker first? The events of the last week proves that one cannot be both... anymore.

with you it's like being in the 5th grade again....when you can't make an intelligent response you resort to name calling...."from Nappy to the same catagory as snake nut-cheese... and worth about half as much. ".......you know some people in my race consider "Nappy" a racial slur......but not to worry I have thick skin....

with you it's like being in the 5th grade again....when you can't make an intelligent response you resort to name calling...."from Nappy to the same catagory as snake nut-cheese... and worth about half as much. ".......you know some people in my race consider "Nappy" a racial slur......but not to worry I have thick skin....

To match the thick head, of course.

Geez Nappy, you really need more help than your benefits would pay for. Nappy is a simple nick for Nap. Only an unequivical retard would equate Nappy with nappie, a racial slur in some circles. I will take it back about your value as snake nut-cheese though. I highly doubt you are even worth half as much.

Most of you guys are being baited by "nappy". He's just a classic example of someone who finds it better now to step on the other side of the fence when the tide has turned.

Don't even begin to believe 1/3 of what he's said. Your best bet is to stop now, rather than be dragged down to where he meets his friends - on his belly slithering away from him.

I wouldn't be surprised that he is even driving a brand new Jap car now also.

Most of you guys are being baited by "nappy". He's just a classic example of someone who finds it better now to step on the other side of the fence when the tide has turned.

Don't even begin to believe 1/3 of what he's said. Your best bet is to stop now, rather than be dragged down to where he meets his friends - on his belly slithering away from him.

I wouldn't be surprised that he is even driving a brand new Jap car now also.

Yea, you're right, Critic. It's just that he is so easy... For the life of me, I can't see why he, akirby and dolemite don't all get together, buy three dildoes and go take a wild vacation to Vegas together.

Geez Nappy, you really need more help than your benefits would pay for. Nappy is a simple nick for Nap. Only an unequivical retard would equate Nappy with nappie, a racial slur in some circles. I will take it back about your value as snake nut-cheese though. I highly doubt you are even worth half as much.

in the south Blacks were refered to as Nappys....a slur from white people in reference to our hair....or so my Father said.