KANSAS CITY

motiontf

I'd imagine no skilled trades openings here.. seems like we already have 40,000 skilled trades here

Takes early 2000 senority to hold days(i'd imagine the average senority here would be around 9-10 years overall), Its very possible your report date could be jan 5th (the 2nd week of training for the night shift truck side)

As a side note: If you are gonna come here and complain about being put on a job that is too hard without even trying to do it.. Just don't come here.(Not saying anyone on here is like that, just have seen WAY too many people transfer in that wasted their time)

I'd imagine no skilled trades openings here.. seems like we already have 40,000 skilled trades here

Takes early 2000 senority to hold days(i'd imagine the average senority here would be around 9-10 years overall), Its very possible your report date could be jan 5th (the 2nd week of training for the night shift truck side)

As a side note: If you are gonna come here and complain about being put on a job that is too hard without even trying to do it.. Just don't come here.(Not saying anyone on here is like that, just have seen WAY too many people transfer in that wasted their time)

I've seen and heard it also, we run hard...

For those considering a move...my husband just transferred to KC 11/1 and likes it very much. Everyone has been very kind. Long distance marriages are not that great but you got to do what you got to do. Hopefully "someday" our home will sell here in Indiana and I can join him.

Best of luck to all & thank you KC for being so kind.....and my new Escape...which today got tested on ice/snow and it gets an A+ :happy feet:

For those considering a move...my husband just transferred to KC 11/1 and likes it very much. Everyone has been very kind. Long distance marriages are not that great but you got to do what you got to do. Hopefully "someday" our home will sell here in Indiana and I can join him.

Best of luck to all & thank you KC for being so kind.....and my new Escape...which today got tested on ice/snow and it gets an A+ :happy feet:

Good to hear....btw I had to eat at Strouds after I heard ya mention it ..lol

as transferree.....just know you will get a newbie job. Seniority will keep you here, but anything you have built up back home for a better job - gone. It's tough. 24 years seniority, I work side by side with 9 years and under seniority. I'm proud to be UAW and focus on quality. Until you are a transferree, nobody understands what it means to have a plant close.

as transferree.....just know you will get a newbie job. Seniority will keep you here, but anything you have built up back home for a better job - gone. It's tough. 24 years seniority, I work side by side with 9 years and under seniority. I'm proud to be UAW and focus on quality. Until you are a transferree, nobody understands what it means to have a plant close.

I would say as far as trim and chassis goes not to many good jobs in either area in suv or truck side. I don't think there is really newbie jobs, just some harder than others. Management tries to get the jobs as much over 90% workload as they can. So most jobs that are already setup are at that amount of work when you land on them. If you can use your seniority to get to paint or body, or stock you would be way better off.

Be ready to WORK like a new-hire for awhile!

Is this Dave's wife?