This is weird

What have you guys up north heard of this? Think of this? Have to say about this?

I often wonder why Schools go to so much trouble to break the backs of their own people.

I guess for the schools it comes down to simply trying to educate their ignorant masses.

But it goes way deeper then that.

http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=84064

Peace and Blessings

It's like, who cares? It's not like they were teaching how Christianity got edited by a committee at Nicea for the political aims of the Roman emperor, or how the medieval church got hi-jacked by Thomas Acquinas and his misogynistic world view. A little comparative religious study is always good for the narrow-minded, whatever their religious beliefs.

Also, the site rages about Alfred Kinsey and his research, touting a book about alleged irregularities in Kinsey's research. Could well be true, nobody had ever done this kind of research before. Since, Master and Johnston have added to the knowledge about the range of human sexuality, that the site would probably get upset about, except that it's a big book, so they probably haven't read it.

I just think its funny how they would even be teaching about the UFO religion/cult and such things.

I mean. Does a school system really consider a UFO cult as a realistic choice of religion? Just weird to me.

But I guess if they are teaching it as some sort of Encyclopedia type thing I could understand more. But from what I gather it is not.

Peace and Blessings

I just think its funny how they would even be teaching about the UFO religion/cult and such things.

I mean. Does a school system really consider a UFO cult as a realistic choice of religion? Just weird to me.

But I guess if they are teaching it as some sort of Encyclopedia type thing I could understand more. But from what I gather it is not.

Peace and Blessings

Yeah, that is pretty absurd. People like to explore these types of thing to further demean respectable religions.

The new course replaced the Catholic, Protestant or morals classes that, until September, Quebec students could choose from.

Some families object to losing the option of choosing a religious course for their children, and so have kept their kids home in protest.

---------

The new course teaches the principles of the world's major religions in an effort to promote understanding among cultures.

"It is trying to understand the other," Prof. Spencer Boudreau, associate dean of teaching, learning and students at McGill University, told CTV News. "It's about the pursuit of the common good in this society -- I don't think you should be skipping that."

CTV

To me, it seems to make more sense now that I understand what is going on.

Edited by suv_guy_19