2010 Shelby GT500 order guide leaked

rmc523

I'm going to step out on a limb here and speculate that:

The powertrain will see no major changes (its still indicated as being an S/C 5.4L 4V) and, as such, its power level will be equal to or somewhere between the power levels of the existing GT500 and the GT500KR.

That being the case, and knowing what we know about the rest of the vehicle, people will still say that its pig heavy, needs an IRS, doesn't perform well in the turns, and is overall a performance letdown in their eyes without ever having driven it. The interior will be more worthy of a vehicle with that pricetag. The auto rags will still diss it. IT will sell in similar volumes to the previous iterations.

I'm going to step out on a limb here and speculate that:

The powertrain will see no major changes (its still indicated as being an S/C 5.4L 4V) and, as such, its power level will be equal to or somewhere between the power levels of the existing GT500 and the GT500KR.

That being the case, and knowing what we know about the rest of the vehicle, people will still say that its pig heavy, needs an IRS, doesn't perform well in the turns, and is overall a performance letdown in their eyes without ever having driven it. The interior will be more worthy of a vehicle with that pricetag. The auto rags will still diss it. IT will sell in similar volumes to the previous iterations.

Hmmm, something seems really fishy about that guide :scratchhead:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
2010 Shelby has 540HP....equal to the 540 that the current KR has. The engine supervisor did a great job pulling all the HP out of the 2010 as he could.....only to be rewarded by becoming one of Ford's 'downsizing' actions.....as was I (also part of the SVT Management group). Questions? Ask me!!!

When will the HID's be available?

My 40th birthday is next month and I am due for a mid life crisis soon. This car has been calling out to me, and I am very tempted to answer. Any word on pricing and availability.

UltimateX, if you go to KBB.com or edmonds.com you can price out a new Shelby and according to KBB the MSRP for base is $48,175 and invoice is $43,655.

You should be able to find any car you are thinking about purchasing and prices.

I hope this helps.