Autoworkers Union Keeps $6 Million Golf Course for Members at $33 Million Lakeside Retreat

iuW9ofDcA9kfRu

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, everything that happens is just the natural course of events. There is no manipulation going on, even though the means for manipulation exists. You are either naive or covering up.

if there's one thing i am sure of, it's that you can't argue with a conspiracy theorist. Good luck with the rest of your career at Ford but whatever you do, don't drink the water out of the water fountains!

if there's one thing i am sure of, it's that you can't argue with a conspiracy theorist. Good luck with the rest of your career at Ford but whatever you do, don't drink the water out of the water fountains!

I don't drink bottled water. I live next to the largest supply of fresh water in the world. Why would people pay up to a dollar a liter for water? That just goes to prove how easily people are manipulated.

I don't drink bottled water. I live next to the largest supply of fresh water in the world. Why would people pay up to a dollar a liter for water? That just goes to prove how easily people are manipulated.

Dear Mr Know it all. Just a few years ago the plant had to shut down all of the water fountains at OAC. I bet you were drinking the free bottled water the plant provided.

Dear Mr Know it all. Just a few years ago the plant had to shut down all of the water fountains at OAC. I bet you were drinking the free bottled water the plant provided.

I was busy getting overtime filling up the plastic jugs with ice and tap water from the Truck Plant Body Shop, and delivering them to anywhere there was a water fountain. This was around the same time as the Walkerton problem, so the company understandably went into overkill mode, and I just lapped up the 84 hour weeks. I didn't see any bottled water. I drink it if it is free, but I do not buy it. I know, I said that I don't drink it. What I meant was, I don't buy it. I don't worry too much about clean water. I have a strong immune system from not worrying about a little dirt here and there. I will pick up food from the floor and eat it, and I used to clean toilets and sometimes forget to wash my hands afterwards. My mother used to say; "You will eat a peck of dirt before you die."

Edited by Trimdingman

I was busy getting overtime filling up the plastic jugs with ice and tap water from the Truck Plant Body Shop, and delivering them to anywhere there was a water fountain. This was around the same time as the Walkerton problem, so the company understandably went into overkill mode, and I just lapped up the 84 hour weeks. I didn't see any bottled water. I drink it if it is free, but I do not buy it. I know, I said that I don't drink it. What I meant was, I don't buy it. I don't worry too much about clean water. I have a strong immune system from not worrying about a little dirt here and there. I will pick up food from the floor and eat it, and I used to clean toilets and sometimes forget to wash my hands afterwards. My mother used to say; "You will eat a peck of dirt before you die."

I would bet that you are one of the guys that sets your sandwich on top of the urinal while taking a wiz.

I would bet that you are one of the guys that sets your sandwich on top of the urinal while taking a wiz.

When I used to muck out shithouses back home, at lunch time, I would look around for a dry turd to set my sandwich on so I could take a drink of tea. My urinals were clean enough to eat off, unless someone oversprayed. Anyway, urine is used in many medicines for its healing properties. Ghandi used to drink it. In the old days women used to dab their faces with their babies' wet diapers. It is good for the complexion.

Did you make any other pretend observations while fantasizing about me taking a piss?

Edited by Trimdingman

When I used to muck out shithouses back home, at lunch time, I would look around for a dry turd to set my sandwich on so I could take a drink of tea. My urinals were clean enough to eat off, unless someone oversprayed. Anyway, urine is used in many medicines for its healing properties. Ghandi used to drink it. In the old days women used to dab their faces with their babies' wet diapers. It is good for the complexion.

Did you make any other pretend observations while fantasizing about me taking a piss?

I'm sure you've done lots of SIZING in the washrooms. :happy feet:

What is the Union giving up today so that they may keep this losing entity?

The union loses when there are fewer people paying union dues. There are a lot fewer people paying union dues now. Why does the union still have the resources to keep this resort? It is really none of my business, but maybe they have another source of income. Anyway, what I pay in dues is their due. Once it passes from my paycheck, I have no say in what they do with it.

Why does the union still have the resources to keep this resort?

They don't. That is why we are losing money out of OUR strike fund to keep it.

It is really none of my business

Yes it is. You are a member.

Once it passes from my paycheck, I have no say in what they do with it.

Do you feel that way about what you pay your government in taxes? Because that is basically what your dues are. Taxes in exchange for basic services.

Do you feel that way about what you pay your government in taxes? Because that is basically what your dues are. Taxes in exchange for basic services.

Well said Pioneer

As a matter of fact, I do. I would rather just keep my money and look after myself. That is the way my family lived in Nova Scotia when I was a kid. We didn't need government, and we didn't pay taxes, except a few dollars a year property tax to the town. We paid for our electricity and telephone. We had no sewer, and got our own wood for the stove. What would we need government for, except in times of war? My father fought in the war. The government just takes my money and I can't do anything about it. I don't even get to see it.

In 34 years, I may have taken $300 from the strike fund. They always settle before they have to pay out. It is useless to me. The union does provide a service, and the amount I pay is fair compared to what the government takes; however, I do not think of that money as mine. I am just paying a company for a service. I don't go for this commie collective crap. I have my political views. I don't need a union to dictate them to me. This is a free country.

Edited by Trimdingman