QUESTION ABOUT GEN and SUB IN 07

craignorden

If, worst case scenario, GEN is completely out of the next contract, will we still be able to collect 48 weeks of SUB starting in Sept. 07 with the new contract.

In other words, if we want to sit in GEN until Sep 07, we will at least have another 48 weeks of sub carrying us to august of 08?

I am trying to plan my future as it is too difficult for me to transfer right now. BTW, I am at SLAP.

If, worst case scenario, GEN is completely out of the next contract, will we still be able to collect 48 weeks of SUB starting in Sept. 07 with the new contract.

In other words, if we want to sit in GEN until Sep 07, we will at least have another 48 weeks of sub carrying us to august of 08?

I am trying to plan my future as it is too difficult for me to transfer right now. BTW, I am at SLAP.

since your plant is being idled untill contract you draw any sub and u/b first.

then, if there is a gen. you go there

since your plant is being idled untill contract you draw any sub and u/b first.

then, if there is a gen. you go there

What he is asking is can we draw ue and sub, then go to gen for a year and then draw ue and sub

again even if the gen is eliminated , which is a very interesting question.

What he is asking is can we draw ue and sub, then go to gen for a year and then draw ue and sub

again even if the gen is eliminated , which is a very interesting question.

It is a very good question, but before that can be answered a new contract will be in place and they will new wording to prevent too much bleeding from Ford.

It is a very good question, but before that can be answered a new contract will be in place and they will new wording to prevent too much bleeding from Ford.

Thanks. I am in GEN right now (and will be until Sep 07). I know no one can predict the next contract but even if GEN is negotiated completely awat, I very much doubt they will get rid of SUB.

So then where would that leave me (and others) still left in GEN in Sep 07.

I find it hard to believe that when our current contract expires we at SLAP simply "hit the road" with nothing.

Thanks. I am in GEN right now (and will be until Sep 07). I know no one can predict the next contract but even if GEN is negotiated completely awat, I very much doubt they will get rid of SUB.

So then where would that leave me (and others) still left in GEN in Sep 07.

I find it hard to believe that when our current contract expires we at SLAP simply "hit the road" with nothing.

Believe it or not I asked that exact same question at the last union meeting and they told us that when the contract expires in 2007 and if GEN is done away with you will be terminated!!! No buyout, no silver lining and no parachute just a buh bye for you.. Think of it like this, you are only protected as long as the contract says so, so if the contract no longer says you have GEN protection then guess what happens next. Can you feel the boot in your ass, sorry to sound so bitter but I just lost my job yesterday and a portion of my patience went with it..

Good luck

I think they'll try and cut the 30k through buyouts, retirement incentives,etc. way before Sep.07 if they do, they'll take a new company wide GEN "snap-shot" thus lowering the number of GEN protected employees. Or they'll call it something different because of the recent bad press, before GEN it was called GIS anyway you slice it, if 30k leave there's no reason to eliminate just adjust! but then again what do I know!

If Gen was going BYE BYE why is FoMoCo puting package on the table ?

FoMoCo would like to end Gen and cut your Med and Freeze pension ?

We all can VOTE on next contract So why would anyone Vote the GEN :shrug: out ???

Your plant maybe next to close !!

Because if most of our pay and benefits stay intact, most people will forget about the laid off people and vote for what benefits them the most.

It's called the "better you than me" way of thinking.

Wrong ---- 2007 people will remenber after all FoMoCo is not done with all of us , FoMoCo needs more $$$ to pay the top ones !

Everything is contract by contract. SUB could just as easily disappear as GEN, but if I'm not mistaken this program is paid jointly by the union/company, so killing SUB would benefit the company less than GEN. One last thing, too many folks collecting SUB at the same time ala 1981 means benefits won't last nearly as long as they could/should.

If Gen was going BYE BYE why is FoMoCo puting package on the table ?

FoMoCo would like to end Gen and cut your Med and Freeze pension ?

We all can VOTE on next contract So why would anyone Vote the GEN :shrug: out ???

Your plant maybe next to close !!

For the same reason they voted for two-tier wages, the Visteon spin-off and most recently, reduced benefits for retirees.

The best way to answer that question is to roll the dice or flip a coin....Because noone at this point in time can predict the future any better than these methods. Sorry to say that, but that's why I took the buyout already and have already begun a new career in Law Enforcement, which I can thank Ford Motor Company for paying for my college tuition which led me to this new career. Good luck to everyone within FoMoCo with what is to come. Hope for the best but expect the worst.

Just a thought!

Assume sub and gen are gone, those in gen pool are drawing income to qualify for state benifits. the state doesn't see you as a terminated employee while you are in gen. only the company considers you dead or idled. therefore it is reasonable that you could requalify for unemployment benifits at the end of the contract. 26 weeks anyway

Just a thought!

Assume sub and gen are gone, those in gen pool are drawing income to qualify for state benifits. the state doesn't see you as a terminated employee while you are in gen. only the company considers you dead or idled. therefore it is reasonable that you could requalify for unemployment benifits at the end of the contract. 26 weeks anyway

Which is fabulous, if you can live off $400/wk.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a question. Maybe I'm not reading something right but it sounds to me like people are laid off from work now and are waiting to see what the company is going to give them in a year and a half. We got the news last week and I'm going to wait around to see what kind of offer is coming up and when I get it I'm going to hit the street and find another job. I know everybody's situation is different but it seems unhealthy to me to sit around and wait for the next handout. I'm thinking whenever my last day at ford is I'm going to go home and do nothing for a few weeks and see how retirement would be and when I get bored with that I'm going to go find a job. I'm not trying to flame anybody it just hit me that somebody who doesn't have a job would be concerned about the next contract.

• 3 weeks later...

:finger:

Everything is contract by contract. SUB could just as easily disappear as GEN, but if I'm not mistaken this program is paid jointly by the union/company, so killing SUB would benefit the company less than GEN. One last thing, too many folks collecting SUB at the same time ala 1981 means benefits won't last nearly as long as they could/should.

For the same reason they voted for two-tier wages, the Visteon spin-off and most recently, reduced benefits for retirees.

What I was told was that they want to cut GEN and take sub down to 26 weeks at the next contract. I was told this by my chairperson. I don't think that you will get anything once they get a new contract. This is going to be a hell of a battle. :finger:

:finger:

What I was told was that they want to cut GEN and take sub down to 26 weeks at the next contract. I was told this by my chairperson. I don't think that you will get anything once they get a new contract. This is going to be a hell of a battle. :finger:

I would assume that you would be elegible for UI benefits and then apply for TRA/TAA. If you were to use all the benefits this program offers the State will pay for retraining, help with COBRA costs as well as supply you with cash to use at your discretion through PELL grants. This money is to help you with your house payments or other expenses that UI is not enough to cover. Yes, you must jump through their hoops to make it all happen but the program exisits.

My S-I-L used it to it's fullest capacity and got thousands more then UI benefits to maintain COBRA coverage as well as PELL grants to help her pay rent and car payments. They also paid for her schooling 100%. As well as job placement assistance after graduating.

If you think we will still draw SUB after we have sat on our ass since March ( no offense fellow SLAPer's I'm certain this is how FoMoCo has viewed us) of this year I think you would be kidding yourself. The first clue would have been the COBRA paperwork we received last month showing coverage would end in April 08. I think that is a good indication as to where we stand in the next contract negoiations. They already consider us terminated after this contract. I would plan accordingly.