Suicide In Union Office

MinnesotaPlant

Has anyone heard the details of the suicide at the Twin Cities Assembly Plant. I heard it involved a gun, and was in the Union Presidents office. I can not verify this, however the plant population has been very upset with Union lies and we feel betrayed. Not all information was given to us.
Edited by sista

Has anyone heard the details of the suicide at the Twin Cities Assembly Plant. I heard it involved a gun, and was in the Union Presidents office. I can not verify this, however the plant population has been very upset with Union lies and we feel betrayed. Not all information was given to us.

This is a mtter that needs to be addressed in the plant. Although I think a lot of people on here would like to know more about this incident I think the Union and Labor Relations people in that plant need to adress this with those current employee's. It is a stressfull thing and this could bring on alot of emotion for all the people involved. This website is not the place to start dredgeing someone.

Give some respect to all parties involved. No one on here want's to hear about a Ford employee passing this way, although it does happen. May everyone on here send your sympathy to the employee's family.

Wow....it just happened, it is probably under investigation. Until the investigation is done I am sure details will be kept to a minimium!! Sorry to hear anything like that though. My thoughts and Prayers will be with the family and friends!!

I have asked the administrator to remove this post. When I asked the question I really did not believe that the rumor was true. I apologize for asking in this post, I thought I was squashing a rumor. My heart does go out to the Family and friends. I'm terribly sorry and realize now it was in poor taste.

Why fear reality? Why not bring it up on a "message board". We had a union brother kill himself in his front yard during the holiday break while his family was inside. Tough times are here, but I believe rock bottom is still ahead. We need discuss these events openly to keep others from doing the same. The only way to avoid someone doing the same is through communication. If you know a co-worker that is going thru hard times, get them help. Talk to them, have a union rep/ESSP rep, someone talk to them. But to act like nothing happened and everything is A-ok is ignorant at best.

Why fear reality? Why not bring it up on a "message board". We had a union brother kill himself in his front yard during the holiday break while his family was inside. Tough times are here, but I believe rock bottom is still ahead. We need discuss these events openly to keep others from doing the same. The only way to avoid someone doing the same is through communication. If you know a co-worker that is going thru hard times, get them help. Talk to them, have a union rep/ESSP rep, someone talk to them. But to act like nothing happened and everything is A-ok is ignorant at best.

I would agree that it should be a matter of helping one another cope with issues, however ,the who, what, where , is irrelavent. just my thoughts

I would agree that it should be a matter of helping one another cope with issues, however ,the who, what, where , is irrelavent. just my thoughts

But is there something that can be done to help the family? This must be a terrible shock to them and they're more than likely devastated. Many times, even family members don't recognize the symptoms of depression that would lead to this tragic end.

I agree with communicating, and the premise of your argument, but not on a public board. Those who view this could take pleasure in seeing our sacrifices, or simply get the wrong idea by stereotyping us all. Have you ever heard the term, "going postal"?

This is not the place for this type of conversation!