Mexican built fords. What gives?????

bigheadmike

What's the big idea with ford mo.co. building all these new products in a forign country?Fusion,bronco etc.I know its mainly due to cost ,but where does it stop?Maybe im clueless ,but why do foreign countrys build some of there cars in the u.s. like honda's in tenn. and then ford builds cars in mexico and soon ,if not already? in china? I've always known this was going on, but it really hits home,now that im laid-off. :headscratch:

What's the big idea with ford mo.co. building all these new products in a forign country?Fusion,bronco etc.I know its mainly due to cost ,but where does it stop?Maybe im clueless ,but why do foreign countrys build some of there cars in the u.s. like honda's in tenn. and then ford builds cars in mexico and soon ,if not already? in china? I've always known this was going on, but it really hits home,now that im laid-off. :headscratch:

Is it Ford's way of keeping illegals out of the U.S.? :hysterical:

This has to be an issue for the U.A.W. to bring up in 2007. :headscratch:

This has to be an issue for the U.A.W. to bring up in 2007. :headscratch:

Dude, this is called free trade. Have you ever been to Mexico and notice the amount of Ford's being driven down there? If they are gonna buy them why not have them build them there. I don't like it but it's only fair until something is done about the FREE TRADE policy! Maybe the American goverment should do something about the amount of foreign vehicles being made in the states!

Edited by chilliwilli

Dude, this is called free trade. Have you ever been to Mexico and notice the amount of Ford's being driven down there? If they are gonna buy them why not have them build them there. I don't like it but it's only fair until something is done about the FREE TRADE policy! Maybe the American goverment should do something about the amount of foreign vehicles being made in the states!

Free trade is one thing, but if we make concessions this next contract we need something in return. If we sell cars in Mexico, it's only fair we build them in Mexico, If we sell cars in the U.S. we should build them here.

If the transplants can build them here why can't Ford? :happy feet:

Free trade is one thing, but if we make concessions this next contract we need something in return. If we sell cars in Mexico, it's only fair we build them in Mexico, If we sell cars in the U.S. we should build them here.

If the transplants can build them here why can't Ford? :happy feet:

Very simple the transplants don't have the UAW and gen and sub and the list goes on and on!!

It is my understanding that the more cars an automaker sells in the U.S., the more plants they are required to open. Toyota keeps selling more cars, so they keep openings plants. There is a ratio of some sort but I don't know it. Also I could be wrong!!

Edited by jrod

Also, the transplants do not have the EXECUTIVE COSTS we have. Imagine how much Ford saves (profits) paying a Mexican plant full of workers $2 an hour in a year, over a factory here. We do not have enough concessions (For those who keep thinking we can 'concede' our way out of this) available to compete with this. The ONLY chance we have is through government intervention (Tarriffs, etc.).

It is my understanding that the more cars an automaker sells in the U.S., the more plants they are required to open. Toyota keeps selling more cars, so they keep openings plants. There is a ratio of some sort but I don't know it. Also I could be wrong!!

Ratios, numbers, cost .It's all very confusing.The bottom line is ,the ol mighty dollar.Cheaper living allows cheaper labor rates to allow auto manufactures to pocket more money.Where will it end? In 30 yrs will we have more american cars built in foreign lands than in america? Who governs the ratio game? Hopefully not the republicans , if so maybe i should have taken a buyout to find a loyal american company to work for.In the meantime, i'll be sitting here on unemployment waiting on a transfer to an american auto plant while they still exsist. On one final note. When, i do get back to work, if i see any foreign built american cars in our parking lots of the ford plants, i will be very disappointed!!! There is no way in hell, we as american autoworkers should support those foreign built american automobiles. That would be like buying the knife that just slit your throat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ratios, numbers, cost .It's all very confusing.The bottom line is ,the ol mighty dollar.Cheaper living allows cheaper labor rates to allow auto manufactures to pocket more money.Where will it end? In 30 yrs will we have more american cars built in foreign lands than in america? Who governs the ratio game? Hopefully not the republicans , if so maybe i should have taken a buyout to find a loyal american company to work for.In the meantime, i'll be sitting here on unemployment waiting on a transfer to an american auto plant while they still exsist. On one final note. When, i do get back to work, if i see any foreign built american cars in our parking lots of the ford plants, i will be very disappointed!!! There is no way in hell, we as american autoworkers should support those foreign built american automobiles. That would be like buying the knife that just slit your throat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

right on brother!!!

oh and by the way I saw an article that said ford workers in mexico were paid about 10$ hr,

I know thats still cheap but alot of people think they make like 6$ a day.

right on brother!!!

oh and by the way I saw an article that said ford workers in mexico were paid about 10$ hr,

I know thats still cheap but alot of people think they make like 6$ a day.

I swore I seen a article on hear saying they made like $29 a day in wages.

At the Ford plant in Mexico

Edited by 05StangAwsomecar