Obama Outlines Gun Ban Agenda

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forward this question....seems a few here don't see issues or problems...only there own self centeredness and how it effects them and so-called rights and freedom of choice ( isn't that actually the literal translation of Liberal????? ) well, obviously it IS a problem, so heres the question...how would you, or what would YOU recommend to at least slightly appese the current situation which is so obviously broken.......

so suggested stricter regs makes me a liberal???????????interesting.....and agreed, will be interesting...could just be his reaction to the current economy and a switch got flicked...who knows...

Yes it makes you a lib......thinking that the government can solve all of humanity's problems.....if this guy is a law abiding citizen just what "regulation" would you propose to enforce that may have prevented this...?

Yes it makes you a lib......thinking that the government can solve all of humanity's problems.....if this guy is a law abiding citizen just what "regulation" would you propose to enforce that may have prevented this...?

wondered how long it would take you to come to the party....my understanding of liberal is easing the ability to obtain things such as guns....clamping down is the opposite, could be wrong so flame me...but here goes........quote:

Liberalism emphasizes individual rights and equality of opportunity. Within liberalism, there are various streams of thought which compete over the use of the term "liberal" and may propose very different policies, but they are generally united by their support for constitutional liberalism, which encompasses support for: freedom of thought and speech, limitations on the power of governments, the rule of law, an individual's right to private property,[2] and a transparent system of government.[3][4][5] All liberals, as well as some adherents of other political ideologies, support some variant of the form of government known as liberal democracy, with open and fair elections, where all citizens have equal rights by law.[6]

hmmmm.....law abiding citizen????? certainly wasn't yesterday was he?.....fact is, he didn't deserve a gun....and basically a gun has one purpose.......

You presume that they get their guns through legal means that can be regulated, which is generally not the case. If you're going to be using your gun for crime, you're not going to register it.

I understand THAT completely.....but a LOT of crimes ARE commited by people that obtained them legally....for instance this gentleman....

Nap, sprinter, not trying to get your goat up on this subject, as it seems since you become defensive, in my mind something that can be obtained that can obviously do physical harm to another ( and its not just guns, but they are at the pinnacle ) SHOULD have exceedingly strict regulations...and obviously the system isn;t working now, or has become too lax and needs to be adressed. Don't take a way the rights, just make it harder, and hopefully moronic psychos such as this cannot get their hands on said weapons from the get go...

Edited by Deanh

Nap, sprinter, not trying to get your goat up on this subject, as it seems since you become defensive, in my mind something that can be obtained that can obviously do physical harm to another ( and its not just guns, but they are at the pinnacle ) SHOULD have exceedingly strict regulations...and obviously the system isn;t working now, or has become too lax and needs to be adressed. Don't take a way the rights, just make it harder, and hopefully moronic psychos such as this cannot get their hands on said weapons from the get go...

Should I also need a permit to buy a hammer or a set of kitchen knives then too? Certainly I should have to register something with the state to buy a deadly chainsaw or nail gun, right? :glare:

Should I also need a permit to buy a hammer or a set of kitchen knives then too? Certainly I should have to register something with the state to buy a deadly chainsaw or nail gun, right? :glare:

not considered "deadly weapons"...little different nick...really....a gun is made for a specific purpose...knives, hammers and chainsaws multi task....and to be used as a weapon shows ingenuity....LOL!...now, in the hands of SOME individulas perhaps they SHOULD register their kitchenware......theres always a few....

Edited by Deanh

I'm never going to Benihana again............

not considered "deadly weapons"...little different nick...really....a gun is made for a specific purpose...knives, hammers and chainsaws multi task....and to be used as a weapon shows ingenuity....LOL!...now, in the hands of SOME individulas perhaps they SHOULD register their kitchenware......theres always a few....

What if the specific purpose of the gun you buy is for hunting or target practice?

What if the specific purpose of the gun you buy is for hunting or target practice?

is that what guns were designed for initially??????????? Fact...they are designed to kill from the get go, use the word "protect" if you deem that a better choice of words, whilst a knife can be used for that purpose, or a "chainsaw" ( movie-goer? ) an axe...hell, a car....they "evolved".....and are in an entirely different class....guns BECAME recreational, they didn't start that way, and that really isn't their intended purpose....interesting debate none the less.....

so now you want to regulate knives?......how about airplanes...remember 9-11?.......I know ..how about peanuts, there are people who are highly allergic to them....knowing that one could "use" them as a weapon......most people who own guns use them for target shooting and some just collect them for their value and never fire them.....where does it end?

so now you want to regulate knives?......how about airplanes...remember 9-11?.......I know ..how about peanuts, there are people who are highly allergic to them....knowing that one could "use" them as a weapon......most people who own guns use them for target shooting and some just collect them for their value and never fire them.....where does it end?

guys I see your point, and i didn't say anything about knives, besides that try stabbing someone 25 yard away, unless youre a Ringling brother youre $hit outa luck.......but come on...lets be real...a gun is a different beast COMPLETELY...don't agree, then state your argument........next up...remember the guy that held up a bank with a syringe he said contained the aids virus???????????.......

Edited by Deanh

Nothing can be done about restricting guns from getting into the wrong hands. We should forget about getting the government involved. At best, nothing will change. At worst, the situation will deteriorate. If you make something illegal, you create a criminal industry to distribute these illegal items, and you also create a police force to go after these lawbreakers. Soon, the police become dependent on this crime to keep their jobs, and some of them become corrupted by the criminals and accept money for looking the other way. Just make guns legal and as easy to obtain for the law abiding citizen as the criminal. A gun is small and easy to make. The cost of trying to control the trafficing of guns is prohibitive. It is the same with drugs. The police are now in cahoots with the drug dealers, and drugs are easily available. Legalize them, thereby eliminating the profit motive, and there would be less drugs around. There would be no high pressure salesmen selling them. People would have to grow their own marijuana and make their own cocaine and heroin. The glamor would be taken out of the equation. Women would be able to walk on the street without getting their purses snatched or getting shot down by wayward bullets. Gangs would disappear. The problem with that is that we would need a lot fewer police officers. Their union would not be too happy. We would also need fewer courts, judges, lawyers, and prisons. A lot of people would not be too happy. Maybe they could even lower our taxes. That would make me happy.

guys I see your point, and i didn't say anything about knives, besides that try stabbing someone 25 yard away, unless youre a Ringling brother youre $hit outa luck.......but come on...lets be real...a gun is a different beast COMPLETELY...don't agree, then state your argument........next up...remember the guy that held up a bank with a syringe he said contained the aids virus???????????.......

great post...thought provoking and a possible alternative, 10 people died Nap....HOW can this sort of situation be avoided? instead of appesing your own agenda offer a valid opinion....don't agree with mine///then give an alternative....

great post...thought provoking and a possible alternative, 10 people died Nap....HOW can this sort of situation be avoided? instead of appesing your own agenda offer a valid opinion....don't agree with mine///then give an alternative....

I ask you first...in #103

This situation cannot be avoided. Shit happens. If you try to pass laws to fix the unfixable, you will create more problems. What was it that made this guy freak out? It probably has its roots somewhere in our messed up rule-ridden society. He got boxed in by too much authority. Throw in a bit of insanity, and you have a loose cannon. If more people had been armed, maybe he would have been taken out earlier, or maybe the fear of this would have deterred him.

I ask you first...in #103

to which i have answered a multitude of times......make them harder to get and more intensly screen so morons like this find it more difficult to attain...is that difficult to comprehend...I ask you this...why do you in particular find THAT objectionable...

This situation cannot be avoided. Shit happens. If you try to pass laws to fix the unfixable, you will create more problems. What was it that made this guy freak out? It probably has its roots somewhere in our messed up rule-ridden society. He got boxed in by too much authority. Throw in a bit of insanity, and you have a loose cannon. If more people had been armed, maybe he would have been taken out earlier, or maybe the fear of this would have deterred him.

then how the hell did HE get a gun....screening too lax perhaps?..its a no win...do find it interesting that people don't seem to want getting a firearm to be more difficult....hell...no more exams...EVERYONE pass's with a College degree and the same grade....

to which i have answered a multitude of times......make them harder to get and more intensly screen so morons like this find it more difficult to attain...is that difficult to comprehend...I ask you this...why do you in particular find THAT objectionable...

how do you screen for morons?.......suppose a person was perfectly sane, bought a gun legally then years later becomes psycotic goes out and kills 11 people.....what then?.....you see my ponit....

how do you screen for morons?.......suppose a person was perfectly sane, bought a gun legally then years later becomes psycotic goes out and kills 11 people.....what then?.....you see my ponit....

yes I do see your point and its valid, ( but why not re-evaluate owners every 5 years or so...suggestion )but more difficult aquizition would probably deter a few that fit that profile.....I am curious ( and deeply saddened ) to find out what the hell flipped this idiots switch....the one that hits me the hardest is a 4 month old baby that got hit..talk about a helpless victim

Edited by Deanh

course screening is of no good in this case ( genius's ).....they have to find other means to obtain........Police believe three men used hot dogs to distract a Labrador retriever and make off with seven guns.

Raw hot dogs were found strewn about a Bridgewater home, where the Labrador resided.

The hot dogs were tracked by police to a supermarket and officers used surveillance video to identify a suspect.

Ronald Elizondo, of Raritan Borough, along with Franklin Township residents Adrian McKoy and Tyshinue Haskins, are charged with burglary, conspiracy to commit burglary and other offenses.

Somerset County's prosecutor believes the guns were the target of the heist.

love the last comment...."beleives the guns were the target of the heist"...?????YA THINK?

This conversation got interesting. I guess it got revived due to the recent shooting?

I agree that the system is broken, and something should be done. More stringent tests (particularly strong psychological screening-and trust me, we don't have anything near that now) would be helpful. I would vote for an entire full FBI-style ATF background investigation with FS polygraph, but the cost would be ridiculous.

And if the government wants your guns, they will take them. You can stock up on ammo, but they will pry it from your cold, dead, fingers after they level your house with an AT4 or Javelin. If they REALLY wanted them, they will get them. Today. Never thought that argument held much water, with the way modern military weapons work.

And hey, I love my guns. But not everyone who WANTS to own a gun SHOULD OWN a gun.

Edited by the_spaniard