Dearborn Engine and Fuel tank plant

bees

Has anyone who bid on a job at Dearborn Engine been called yet? Or does anyone working there have any idea when we will be starting. Any info would be better than the no info I have now.

Haven't been called, but did take road trip to ther labor department. We couldn't even see a labor rep. Some one gave us a number to a dept. handling transfers. He told me no one's been called yet because things keep changing day to day there. Something about there manpower. But he did say I was still on list to transfer there. Possibly after the 16th or even later. We will see. Funny though. There was a sign on the Labor relations door saying new employees report to labor???

Haven't been called, but did take road trip to ther labor department. We couldn't even see a labor rep. Some one gave us a number to a dept. handling transfers. He told me no one's been called yet because things keep changing day to day there. Something about there manpower. But he did say I was still on list to transfer there. Possibly after the 16th or even later. We will see. Funny though. There was a sign on the Labor relations door saying new employees report to labor???

they are on layoff now, feb 16th maybe, but march 2nd is a better 'guess'

Has anyone who bid on a job at Dearborn Engine been called yet? Or does anyone working there have any idea when we will be starting. Any info would be better than the no info I have now.

Engine side of the plant is off for at least the next two weeks, heard it might be off for 3.

Different lines in fuel tank will be off over the next 2 weeks.

There was recently a man power reduction, after the round of buyouts. So who knows as to how many people they will actually end up taking this time around. I know the company wanted to

cut 37 jobs in fuel tank, have no clue as to how many they wanted to cut in engine.

I signed up to go back to DTP. My last day at DEFTP was Friday and they are on TLO for the first 2 weeks in I-4 with I believe half of a shift off on the third week. If you want a number to Labor or to one of the union reps there message me and I will gladly give you what I have. Best of luck.

I signed up to go back to DTP. My last day at DEFTP was Friday and they are on TLO for the first 2 weeks in I-4 with I believe half of a shift off on the third week. If you want a number to Labor or to one of the union reps there message me and I will gladly give you what I have. Best of luck.

Thanks for the info. I already have a # for union offices there. Everytime I call i get answering machine, leave message, no call back. Didnt know they were on TLO for 2 weeks though. Hopefully I will called in soon after they return.

• 2 weeks later...

should be getting people soon. i am in i-4 and when we comeback on feb 16 we will be missing half our team(some went to fuel tank others went to dtp. if you do get in here and they give you a choice between fuel tank or engine my advice take engine assembly. fuel tank slowly being phased out and machining is on some weird 7 day rotation unlike the one at dtp. good luck in whatever happens!!