500hp from 6.2l v8

The CTS-V is a powerhouse with a S/C 6.2 and over 500 hp but hey, it's also starts at $58,000.

They're quoting 0-60 in 3.9 seconds but I think the MKS with EB isn't that far behind that.

Edit,

I see the CTS-V is smaller than the MKS and closer to MKZ size,

perhaps Ford could release an EB version of the MKZ to capture some of this market.

An EB MKZ would be about 600 lb lighter than the CTS-V so maybe it would be close in performance.

Edited by jpd80

Nothing is out of the question. My point was the MKR concept was not a Cyclone TT 3.5.

I caught that and thought it was pretty funny.

400hp is something around 10% more than the 355hp in the production MKS---which, you'd think, E85 could give if the engine were tuned to take advantage of the significantly higher octane rating.

I caught that and thought it was pretty funny.

400hp is something around 10% more than the 355hp in the production MKS---which, you'd think, E85 could give if the engine were tuned to take advantage of the significantly higher octane rating.

That sounds rather plausible, I think there as bit more power left in the conventional gas EB V6.

An upper series Falcon/FPV 4.0 I-6 Turbo makes similar power/torque on 12 psi boost without DFI.