2010 Fusion Order Status -- Updates

ackbar

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I stopped at the dealer yesterday and still no blue fusion! According to the ford tracking website it still says it should have been delivered on 6/3!

Further more it's only about an hour away from us! I'm hoping that they did a late night deliery last night and preparing it now... Otherwise they are going to have to call the independent shipper who was supposed to bring it over here to find out more..

Based on the outcomes and completeness of paperwork and the PDI process I may or maynot recieve it before the weekend...

So I'm at a mixed emotion state... Glad it's close by, but bummed that knowing I might not have it to drive this weekend!

Someone beat me up know :finger: or tell me that it's here so that I can have fun driving it aroudn this weekend. :shades:

Until then, I sit patiently waiting, working and reading! :reading:

I'll keep you all posted and show pictures if it does indeed arrive!

So I stopped at the dealer yesterday and still no blue fusion! According to the ford tracking website it still says it should have been delivered on 6/3!

Further more it's only about an hour away from us! I'm hoping that they did a late night deliery last night and preparing it now... Otherwise they are going to have to call the independent shipper who was supposed to bring it over here to find out more..

Based on the outcomes and completeness of paperwork and the PDI process I may or maynot recieve it before the weekend...

So I'm at a mixed emotion state... Glad it's close by, but bummed that knowing I might not have it to drive this weekend!

Someone beat me up know :finger: or tell me that it's here so that I can have fun driving it aroudn this weekend. :shades:

What tracking site are you referring to?

The tracking is from the ford dealer tracking... It's called something like "Ford Visibility" or something like that...

That's when he drilled into my order, he seen that it was still scheduled for 6/3 and the last known location

Oh, I thought you had access to customer site that we could track our orders on our own... :shades:

Oh, I thought you had access to customer site that we could track our orders on our own... :shades:

I suggested that very idea on one of the customer service surveys I was sent. It would have saved a lot of time spent trying to figure out a status update of where our car was, including calls to the dealership and the Ford Customer Service toll free number.

One would think they could build a customer internet facing front end for their order status and/or vehicle locator programs, perhaps give the customers the ability to search based on your last name, your order number, and your dealer's ID number maybe, or perhaps last name and VIN number once assigned? Internet-based order and delivery tracking would have been a wonderful idea. Anyway, loving our new FFH!!

Maybe if we all make a suggestion they will take the hint for the next time around? :)

Have patience, my friend. It's worth the wait and more. I've owned a lot of performance cars--everything from several V8 Mustangs to the bitchin 1990 Probe GT Turbo to nine SHO's, and I'll say this. I've never been more pleased with an automobile this soon into ownership. The car is quiet, runs like a demon possessed, has all of the creature comforts you'll ever need, and just feels like a quality piece. It will be worth the wait (and I waited two months).

Sweet!!! You will of course have to post some pitures ;)

I actually heard from my dealer today and they're estimating June 11 for me.

Sundedo, I just started looking at this thread and it's cool. I know this isn't the place to talk about orders of truck, but I have two of them on order right now. I'm waiting on the production year to begin, which is on the 15th of June.

What I wanted to saw is that I hope that you get a great deal on your Fusion, because of the dealership ordering the wrong engine. They should take something off the price or give your free service for a while or something, because they screwed up. They have caused you to wait a lot longer.

I look forward to hearing about you getting your car and having a ton of fun with it.

Take care

Terry

Sundedo, I just started looking at this thread and it's cool. I know this isn't the place to talk about orders of truck, but I have two of them on order right now. I'm waiting on the production year to begin, which is on the 15th of June.

What I wanted to saw is that I hope that you get a great deal on your Fusion, because of the dealership ordering the wrong engine. They should take something off the price or give your free service for a while or something, because they screwed up. They have caused you to wait a lot longer.

I look forward to hearing about you getting your car and having a ton of fun with it.

Take care

Terry

I'm not very pushy by nature, but I think I'm going to see if they can work something for me. I know the owner of the dealership and he was pretty upset when I went to pick it up and found out the engine was wrong.

Don't think they'll take anything off the price since I'm already getting a X Plan price, but perhaps a service deal... I dunno...

I ordered my FF Hybrid on March 31 w/502a package, just in time to get the $3400 tax credit. Went to pick it up at the dealer today! :happy feet:

A nice little bonus when I got to the dealer - Pennsylvania is offering a $500 rebate when you buy a hybrid. That plus the $3400 tax credit and the stimulus-bill sales tax deduction makes for quite a nice discount! Factoring in the credit and the rebate (but not the sales tax deduction), I will only have paid $28163 total, and may get another $600 back on the sales tax.

BTW, the tax credit for hybrids is not subject to AMT per the Federal stimulus bill.

I ordered my FF Hybrid on March 31 w/502a package, just in time to get the $3400 tax credit. Went to pick it up at the dealer today! :happy feet:

A nice little bonus when I got to the dealer - Pennsylvania is offering a $500 rebate when you buy a hybrid. That plus the $3400 tax credit and the stimulus-bill sales tax deduction makes for quite a nice discount! Factoring in the credit and the rebate (but not the sales tax deduction), I will only have paid $28163 total, and may get another $600 back on the sales tax.

BTW, the tax credit for hybrids is not subject to AMT per the Federal stimulus bill.

Congrats on you FFH!!! That's a pretty darn good price for that vehicle!

Heard from my dealer today. My Fusion started moving on May 26th and was in Selkerk, NY as of June 6. So it should only be a couple more days!!! :happy feet:

Heard from my dealer today. My Fusion started moving on May 26th and was in Selkerk, NY as of June 6. So it should only be a couple more days!!! :happy feet:

I'm glad to hear you'll finally be getting your fusion soon... My dealer hasn't updated me in a bit... He last stated that mine was in the Albany NY area of of Thursday... I asked for an update this morning but no reply yet! I just want to know what the status is... You think they could keep you posted! Ughhh if mine is really only an hour away then why wasn't it here on 6/3 when they expected it to be?

Maybe I get to anxious at the end, but again doesn't it seem right that a dealer could atleast tell you what they know? Even if its due to the auto shipper not getting back to them?

I feel like something bad has happened, (due to the fact it was a full moon weekend) but again it could only be nerves right now! :)

I'm glad to hear you'll finally be getting your fusion soon... My dealer hasn't updated me in a bit... He last stated that mine was in the Albany NY area of of Thursday... I asked for an update this morning but no reply yet! I just want to know what the status is... You think they could keep you posted! Ughhh if mine is really only an hour away then why wasn't it here on 6/3 when they expected it to be?

Maybe I get to anxious at the end, but again doesn't it seem right that a dealer could atleast tell you what they know? Even if its due to the auto shipper not getting back to them?

I feel like something bad has happened, (due to the fact it was a full moon weekend) but again it could only be nerves right now! :)

I hear ya! It's VERY hard to keep from bugging the dealer about the status.

I'm sure they're just taking extra care and making sure your Fusion is perfect before handing it off to you ;)

I hope so, but last I had known it hadn't even made it to thier lot! Ugh... I'm gunna have to call them soon as this wednesday it will be a week past original expected delivery unless they had my car and another one coming in confused.

Plus I have some trips to do here soon for work and vacation and don't want to put the mileage on my car since its going to be traded in...

ok maybe I was over reacting... got an eMail from the dealership stating that thier 6/2 nissan order just came in today!.... Keeping my fingers crossed that the ford truck is right there as well and will have my scheduled fusion delivery that was supposed to be on 6/3!

Being very hopeful!

Mine took 2 1/2 weeks from finished production to picking it up today.

The price was good, I got it for $500 over invoice (plus that awful advertising tax they add on, and dealer prep).

I posted some first impressions here.

Mine took 2 1/2 weeks from finished production to picking it up today.

The price was good, I got it for $500 over invoice (plus that awful advertising tax they add on, and dealer prep).

I posted some first impressions here.

That's a sharp looking ride :shades:

35-40 mpg sounds about right for a fresh FFH. As for the rougher ride, it's hard to compare an Audi to a Fusion... in particular a FFH.

I look forward to your continued thoughts as you enjoy your new Fusion :)

That's a sharp looking ride :shades:

35-40 mpg sounds about right for a fresh FFH. As for the rougher ride, it's hard to compare an Audi to a Fusion... in particular a FFH.

I look forward to your continued thoughts as you enjoy your new Fusion :)

As for the rough ride, I'd say pump your tires up. It helps a little bit at least. Max sidewall is 44psi. I'd put them up to at least 40, ford has them at like 33 front and 36 back. Something stupidly low. And pumping your tires up does help your fuel economy in the right direction.

All this extra inflation sounds scarry guys... You guys aren't making the next Explorer Epedemic for Ford are you now?

Per regulations, that is that maximum for the tires... However, per vehicle design the tire pressures are only supposed to be inflated to that of the information in the door jam.

Unless your tire shop or service department says otherwise I'd be EXTREMELY careful pushing them that high!

I learned today that my FFH's ETA at the dealer is June 22nd. I ordered it on May 13th. I don't know the build date but certainly it's en route at this time. I can hardly wait.

Juris....

Hope you get better luck at the true ETA of delivery than I have.... Mine was ordered 4/11 and built the week of 5/18!

I don't know how you're vehicle was built so fast, but glad to hear it...

Now only if my dealer can find out where my ETA 6/3 Fusion Sport is! I'd be a happy camper... Starting to get a little urked here.... I'm a week over due!

(As the women here are laughing at my last statement and saying is that all.... Try caring a kid of 9 months... :) a 9 week wait can't be so bad)....

(.... Additionally Sundedo is going, and do you want to be in my boat? I've had to order twice and wait 16+ weeks!)

Anyways best of luck to you and keep some of your extra fingers crossed for me and hope my delivery comes soon so that I can finalize paperwork and get in my new vehicle.... SOON!

All this extra inflation sounds scarry guys... You guys aren't making the next Explorer Epedemic for Ford are you now?

Per regulations, that is that maximum for the tires... However, per vehicle design the tire pressures are only supposed to be inflated to that of the information in the door jam.

Unless your tire shop or service department says otherwise I'd be EXTREMELY careful pushing them that high!

There's no issue with pumping your tires to the PSI listed on the sidewall. The reason it's listed lower on the door is because higher pressures impact the ride.

You obviously don't want to go over the rating as that would cause undo stress and wear on the tire. But hypermilers routinely inflate to the sidewall spec:

http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread....light=inflation

Juris....

Hope you get better luck at the true ETA of delivery than I have.... Mine was ordered 4/11 and built the week of 5/18!

Now only if my dealer can find out where my ETA 6/3 Fusion Sport is! I'd be a happy camper... Starting to get a little urked here.... I'm a week over due!

(As the women here are laughing at my last statement and saying is that all.... Try caring a kid of 9 months... :) a 9 week wait can't be so bad)....

(.... Additionally Sundedo is going, and do you want to be in my boat? I've had to order twice and wait 16+ weeks!)

Anyways best of luck to you and keep some of your extra fingers crossed for me and hope my delivery comes soon so that I can finalize paperwork and get in my new vehicle.... SOON!

Thanks. Yeah, I'm not holding my breath because I've read your and other stories. What a PITA! I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

I told myself to wait at least one week before calling the dealer again, to see if there's an update -- and make sure I've got the loan all in order. In any case, there's likely to be a day or two for final dealer prep.

I've got a friend who wants to test drive my car, since the dealer had no FFH's on the lot and this is the car he thinks he wants; and so he's bugging me a bit on this, too, because he wants to commit by end of June.

Edited by Juris

Juris....

Your making me a little nervous... My sport is "supposed" to be here tomorrow.... I got the same color and options as you except I got an all black interior and AWD... I will let you guys know if it shows up..