2010 Fusion Order Status -- Updates

ackbar

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm picking mine up tomorrow morning at 9:00AM! :happy feet:

screw you..... I called today. Car is STILL in Chicago. Won't be here until Fri the 22nd. I'm friggin peeved. Majorly.

Let me know what they are giving for financing please. I have a line of credit for 60 mo 4.29% from a credit union in Rochester. I doubt Ford Credit can do better. But I would like to hear what their offers are anyways.

FINALLY got a build week:

May 25

Not really happy that I have to drive around in this Focus for at least another month :( Plus I wanted to get the car seat fitted before our baby arrives...

:glare:

Well Sundedo... Sounds like yours is being built the week after mine... I will keep you posted on the status of my order and it's arrival so that you can judge your time frame as well... Don't know what you've ordered but I would like to compare and contrast to see if there is any time difference with the model builds and accessories...

Mine:

FWD Ford Fusion Sport Model

402A Rapid Spec

Sport Blue Metalic Paint

Black/Blue Leather Interior

Added Navigation

Added Remote Starter

Added All Season Mats

Best Regards and Happy Motoring!

Well Sundedo... Sounds like yours is being built the week after mine... I will keep you posted on the status of my order and it's arrival so that you can judge your time frame as well... Don't know what you've ordered but I would like to compare and contrast to see if there is any time difference with the model builds and accessories...

Mine:

FWD Ford Fusion Sport Model

402A Rapid Spec

Sport Blue Metalic Paint

Black/Blue Leather Interior

Added Navigation

Added Remote Starter

Added All Season Mats

Best Regards and Happy Motoring!

Hopefully I'll get mine around June 13th. Just stinks that I have to wait this long, a second time!!!! :censored:

Here's what I ordered:

SEL

301A Rapid Spec

Sterling Gray Clearcoat Metallic

3.0L V6

6 speed SelectShift™ Automatic

BLIS

Reverse Sensing system w/rear-view camera

Moon & Tune 12 speaker

DVD Nav w/Sync & SIRIUS Travel Link

Hopefully I'll get mine around June 13th. Just stinks that I have to wait this long, a second time!!!! :censored:

Hi Sundedo,

Glad to hear you have a expected time frame, but also fee sorry for you having to wait so long...

Additionally you may have mentioned this in a prior post, but why are you having to wait a second time? Did the order get rejected or what happened with the first time?

Hi Sundedo,

Glad to hear you have a expected time frame, but also fee sorry for you having to wait so long...

Additionally you may have mentioned this in a prior post, but why are you having to wait a second time? Did the order get rejected or what happened with the first time?

The dealer put the wrong order code in the system on my first order I placed back in December. When it came in I noticed that it didn't have the SelectShift. She looked at the invoice and said "Oh, crap!". The person imputing the order put the 4cyl code instead of the 6cyl :censored:

So they took my specs and modified one of the stock units they had in the order system. This was to supposedly speed up the delivery of the car... Yeah right!!!

So they were kind enough to let me end my lease (which I was already extended 3 months) and gave me loaner cars ('08 Focus's). I should have just taken the 4cyl they delivered the first time, but I just want the V6 too damn much!

Well now the dilemma... good news is my new ice blue hybrid came in.... now the questions arise... what kind of a trade in will I get for my 07 Milan AWD... will they let me use X plan... As much as I want the hybrid, from all the reviews here and the media... I do like my AWD... then my wife looses her job...

tomorrow night will tell the tale...

Rick...

That's kind of the main reason why I waited to order mine in March... I went to the bank to ensure they are happy with me, which of course they were after having dealt with me for so many years... Then I started to do the shopping and evaluation of prices the dealer was offering, found the deal and then asked what they wanted to do with my vehicle that I will be traiding in...

So I feel like I'm in good shape with the dealer as they were co-operative to work with me and interested in getting my present vehicle... I don't feel as if I have been put into any danger with pricing of my new fusion, my trade or requests... Though I would like to say that I would have like to recieve it earlier...

I think those who lease are the only ones that don't really need to worry in that situation as they know they will be giving it up and don't need to deal with the trade in head-aches! :)

Good luck and hope for the best... We'll be thinking of you as you go to do the fun part!

That's kind of the main reason why I waited to order mine in March... I went to the bank to ensure they are happy with me, which of course they were after having dealt with me for so many years... Then I started to do the shopping and evaluation of prices the dealer was offering, found the deal and then asked what they wanted to do with my vehicle that I will be traiding in...

So I feel like I'm in good shape with the dealer as they were co-operative to work with me and interested in getting my present vehicle... I don't feel as if I have been put into any danger with pricing of my new fusion, my trade or requests... Though I would like to say that I would have like to recieve it earlier...

I think those who lease are the only ones that don't really need to worry in that situation as they know they will be giving it up and don't need to deal with the trade in head-aches! :)

Good luck and hope for the best... We'll be thinking of you as you go to do the fun part!

hopefully things will work out.. after all I have probably given them (the dealer) alot of profit over the years.. guess I gotta talk to the owner and not a salesman.. usually do better.. crossing my fingers..

RTW819 - let me know when you have an approximate delivery date to your dealer. My HROV came in on 3/20 so I'm thinking end of May for delivery to my dealer in New Jersey. Thanks.

Hi Joe. They are estimating delivery to the dealership the week of 5/24 for my FFH. (Ordered 3/14, HROV date of 3/31.)

On 4/28 we were Locked In (probably as of Fri 4/24), and given an ETA of possibly 3-4 weeks. The status I got on Fri 5/1 was that it was bucked. I just learned yesterday our vehicle was produced during the week of 5/4 somewhere around the manufacturing freeze for the flu and Cinco de Mayo. I hope it wasn't the last one they put together that week before they walked out the door. :doh:

Couldn't find the actual production date, but the "Invoice Date" reported as 4/27. Dealer mentioned the production date might be a couple of days before the invoice date, which doesn't entirely add up? One would think a car should take less than a day to produce from start to finish, but who knows?? So, it was built sometime generally between 4/27 and 5/8 with the factory closed 5/1 thru 5/5 due to the flu.

Latest update on 5/12 was that it was on a train somewhere around Vaughn, New Mexico headed our way. Getting closer!! I suspect we'll both see our new rides before the end of the month. Wahoo!

I've just heard back that mine's scheduled for build on 5/18... Signed the paperwork with the dealer on 4/11/09... So hopefully by early next month my sport should be here!

Well yesterday morning I sent a email to my dealer asking where my car was and they replied it would arrive on the 18th. About 20 minutes after receiving the email, I received a call from the dealer telling me that the FFH (501A) was being unloaded and to come get it :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

We picked it up last night and I got to drive home in it and my wife had to drive the old Camry. I was quite please with the handling and acceleration, although I wasn't heavy on the peddle. As others had reported, BLIS is really nice and when we got home the backup camera and waring system was really nice. I really don't know what the fuel economy was. The values in the trip meter need to be reset as they are not correct. I noticed on an Escape Hybrid that we were allowed to test drive, that the economy was off and when I reset the trip meter it started recording more accurately. I know I did quite a bit better then 15 mpg on a 32 mile trip back from the dealer. Lots of stuff to learn now. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I went and got the figures... tempting very tempting ... then I took it out for a drive... all i gotta say is... cool, very cool... even the paint job in person is much better than the picture... the updates are very good compared to my 07 milan... I even got stuck in a backup.. all ev... I grew so many leaves!!! and averaged about 49 mpg with driving about 15 miles... they gave the x plan price... now to compare... does 12500 for a 07 Milan AWD, leather,Premier V6-37,800 miles sound fair? so many different prices on nada, kbb, edmunds...

I went and got the figures... tempting very tempting ... then I took it out for a drive... all i gotta say is... cool, very cool... even the paint job in person is much better than the picture... the updates are very good compared to my 07 milan... I even got stuck in a backup.. all ev... I grew so many leaves!!! and averaged about 49 mpg with driving about 15 miles... they gave the x plan price... now to compare... does 12500 for a 07 Milan AWD, leather,Premier V6-37,800 miles sound fair? so many different prices on nada, kbb, edmunds...

Yikes - if that's all they are offering I am a dead man when I go to trade my '07 Fusion SEL V6 FWD with 58k on it.

How did you get them to accept X-plan pricing? I had no luck with that at all.

Yikes - if that's all they are offering I am a dead man when I go to trade my '07 Fusion SEL V6 FWD with 58k on it.

How did you get them to accept X-plan pricing? I had no luck with that at all.

I have bought quite and I mean quite a few cars thru the years from this dealer... I bleed blue oval and they know it.. local dealer in town .. south of Mpls, so maybe that helps too...

Ugh! Mine got to the dealer last night. Bad news is the dealer prep guy doesn't work until monday. Going to haggle over the Ranger on trade today and see if Ford can beat my prearranged financing.

07 Ranger, 27k, 2WD, 2.3, Auto, Ext Cab, Spray-in liner. I can't wait for the lowball on this.

I got $12500 for my 07 Freestyle SEL, 15170 miles. Another dealer only offered $10000 for the trade and said he couldn't guarantee that price until my Fusion arrived. I owed less than $12500 so I guess I wasn't too disappointed in the end.

I got $12500 for my 07 Freestyle SEL, 15170 miles. Another dealer only offered $10000 for the trade and said he couldn't guarantee that price until my Fusion arrived. I owed less than $12500 so I guess I wasn't too disappointed in the end.

Congratulations on getting your Fusion, but ... trading in at 15,170 miles? You're a spoiled boy. ;)

Congratulations on getting your Fusion, but ... trading in at 15,170 miles? You're a spoiled boy. ;)

I only spoil myself. When I got a look at the new Fusion last December I knew I had to have one. I got as much as I did for my Freestyle because of the low miles. It's value was dropping faster than my payments could keep up. I originally bought the Freestyle for the utility but quickly wanted more tech and more style.

Mine showed up last night. Can't get it till monday because of the dealer prep. Went in to make it official. I had 10k in my pocket or I wanted 10k for my truck. The average of NADA and KBB was 10,900. I just wanted it to go. Didn't need full value.

They lowballed the ever living shit out of me. Flat out disrespect and the appraiser hid from me even though I asked for him multiple times. 2007 Ranger XLT Ext Cab 4cyl Auto 27k on it with the regular options. $8000. I threw a fit. Then it went to $9000. I continued to throw a fit. Not budging. After much cussing and swearing and bitching and explaining I gave up and gave them the $10k in my pocket. FUCK THEM. Actually it got as far as the sales manager threatening to cancel the sale completely because of the way I was treating everyone involved. Once again FUCK THEM. They want to shit on my face, I'm going to gouge out their eyes and shit on their face and in their skull.

Anyway. I own it but its still at the dealer, my wife will get it Monday.

I was handed a bible when I left the finance guys office. True story. Christian dealership. I swore enough to send the entire state of minnesota to hell for eternity.

Mine showed up last night. Can't get it till monday because of the dealer prep. Went in to make it official. I had 10k in my pocket or I wanted 10k for my truck. The average of NADA and KBB was 10,900. I just wanted it to go. Didn't need full value.

They lowballed the ever living shit out of me. Flat out disrespect and the appraiser hid from me even though I asked for him multiple times. 2007 Ranger XLT Ext Cab 4cyl Auto 27k on it with the regular options. $8000. I threw a fit. Then it went to $9000. I continued to throw a fit. Not budging. After much cussing and swearing and bitching and explaining I gave up and gave them the $10k in my pocket. FUCK THEM. Actually it got as far as the sales manager threatening to cancel the sale completely because of the way I was treating everyone involved. Once again FUCK THEM. They want to shit on my face, I'm going to gouge out their eyes and shit on their face and in their skull.

Anyway. I own it but its still at the dealer, my wife will get it Monday.

I was handed a bible when I left the finance guys office. True story. Christian dealership. I swore enough to send the entire state of minnesota to hell for eternity.

I know how you feel. The same thing happened to me when I ordered my 03 Cobra. When the car came in I had to fight tooth and nail with them to get anything for my trade. This time I made them give me an offer in writing for my car BEFORE I ordered the fusion. So, we will see how it goes this time around...

My dealer also made a shockingly low offer for my trade in. I was actually kind of insulted by the low-ball offer. They obviously had no interest in taking the trade in, but I didn't throw a fit about it. Instead, I listed it in Craigslist and sold it within 48 hours for 159% more than what the dealer had offered. It still wasn't what I'd hoped for, but it was at least at the low-end of where KBB and Edmunds placed its private sale value.

I know that dealers have to recoup their costs, but seriously, I would think they could do better if I can do so with my lowly CL advertisement. They're lucky they have such a hot car with limited supply in the FFH.

Also, I could be wrong, but I don't think the dealer is actually obligated to take your trade-in. I suppose if they don't think they can sell it or just aren't interested, there's no law requiring them to buy it from you. But it comes down to customer service and not coming across as greedy, and on that particular issue my dealer failed. Next time, I'll try to get the trade-in offer in writing before ordering so I know where they stand.

I just checked my dealers web site and they already have my trade in for sale. Their asking $15998, that's a $3488 profit if it sells at that price. When we were negotiating, I said they'll sell it for $15500. The $15998 is pretty close to kbb and Edmund's for a used retail price. Of course I wish I'd gotten more in trade. They came up from their original offer of $10500 and $12500 was $500 and change more than I owed. I told them it would be a deal breaker if I didn't get $13000. We both knew what it was worth and how much it would sell for. I feel lucky my deal went down so smoothly but I was prepared and knew what I wanted to get for trade and spend for new and the wiggle room I set for the deal. They actually came back with a number lower than mine, so I was happy with no regrets.

As I've told people before, only semi-jokingly, to borrow a phrase that Elton John used, some car salespeople are "rude, vile pigs." Others are just "vile pigs." I'd rather deal with a "vile pig" than a "rude, vile pig," but each time I buy or lease a car, I do feel taken. :wacko: :unsure: :mellow: