2010 Fusion Order Status -- Updates

ackbar

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp, I have a NEW order in for the correct engine. They're going to modify one of the one's they have in the queue and bump the priority. She's saying about a month.

So...

I'll turn my lease in on the 13th and they'll give me a loaner to use till the Fusion comes in. It was hard to pass up the 2.5 SEL that they had, since it was already here. But I figure if I'm paying for it, I'm going to get what I want...

:happy feet: :hysterical: :happy feet: :hysterical: :happy feet:

Well finally got the good news. Went to the dealership today, my order is to be built the week of April 20th. Tenative delivery would be 2nd or 3rd week of May. I'm hoping 3rd week of May since thats the week of my birthday

Would be a hell of a 24th birthday present.

Well finally got the good news. Went to the dealership today, my order is to be built the week of April 20th. Tenative delivery would be 2nd or 3rd week of May. I'm hoping 3rd week of May since thats the week of my birthday

That's great news! My non hybrid is also schelued to be built that week. I wonder if they run two lines???

Great to hear! Not so bad after all. So that means 3 to 4 weeks from build to dealer.

In that case, I should have mine the last week of April or first week of May. I was originally told my build date was the week of the 20th, but it's actually next week :P. The dealer had mixed up my build date with another customer who'd ordered the exact same config after I did. So hopefully I'll be driving my new Fusion Hybrid in four to five weeks.

Congrats to all you 2010 Fusion owners... I haven't heard squat about anything on my Fusion Hybrid... I have noticed a few non hybrid owners getting their cars... What about the Hybrid owners any of these out there with their's ??

I am in a dilema... I own a 2007 Milan AWD, and up here in MN this year we have had both cold and alot of snow ( more than usual) but then probably closer to an old fashion winter... My AWD paid for itself and then some this year.. it is a great system.. and of course the hybrid doesn't come with it.. so, I wait and see and either get more excited, or get buyer's remorse.. went to the auto show.. they said the hybrid will be out in a couple of months.. that was a week ago...

Ford could be doing so much to really gain ground, it just seems like they are not taking advantage...

my 2 cents worth... I am such a loyal ford guy, I bleed blue.. and hear about it at work... but proud of it!!

The salesperson at the dealership with whom I placed a Fusion Hybrid order called me today and said that the car is in. As it turns out with my schedule and his, it appears that the best day for me to pick it up is next Tuesday, so that's what I will do. Hoping that it wows me as much as it did when I looked at its features before ordering...

Congrats to all you 2010 Fusion owners... I haven't heard squat about anything on my Fusion Hybrid... I have noticed a few non hybrid owners getting their cars... What about the Hybrid owners any of these out there with their's ??

I am in a dilema... I own a 2007 Milan AWD, and up here in MN this year we have had both cold and alot of snow ( more than usual) but then probably closer to an old fashion winter... My AWD paid for itself and then some this year.. it is a great system.. and of course the hybrid doesn't come with it.. so, I wait and see and either get more excited, or get buyer's remorse.. went to the auto show.. they said the hybrid will be out in a couple of months.. that was a week ago...

Ford could be doing so much to really gain ground, it just seems like they are not taking advantage...

my 2 cents worth... I am such a loyal ford guy, I bleed blue.. and hear about it at work... but proud of it!!

Fellow MN'er here. The couple months thing is probably correct for us up here. I ordered my hybrid at Elk River Ford and it has the popular April 20th build week. It will be the first hybrid unit they receive and that will be the middle of may.

They had a 2010 4cyl loaded Milan there last weekend. Parked in the back and not advertised if you want to go look.

Hey aggoodin,

We're supposed to get 1-3 inches of snow here tonight, I'm kind of glad I don't have my new Fusion, you know the other drivers out there. My salesman e-mailed me yesterday and wrote they have an SE on display. I'm going to go drool over it later today. My guess is when ours arrive here in the Great Northland dealers will start receiving stock. I just hope I get to show it off before everyone has one. :shades:

I went to the dealer and looked at the SE and Sport they had on the floor. FREAKIN SWEET!! I had a chance to sit in one a few weeks ago but couldn't give it a thorough look see. I checked these out top to bottom and all I can saw is FREAKIN SWEET!! The problem is, now I'm all jacked up to get mine. The dealer still didn't have any brochures but they gave me a Product Information Handbook, hopefully reading that will keep me happy for a couple of weeks, after that I can't be held responsible for my actions.

I can't believe Ford hasn't got brochures to the dealers yet. As I was talking to a salesman, several folks can to look at the Fusion. They need to have the literature on hand to satisfy anyone leaning toward foreign, IMO.

I went to the dealer and looked at the SE and Sport they had on the floor. FREAKIN SWEET!! I had a chance to sit in one a few weeks ago but couldn't give it a thorough look see. I checked these out top to bottom and all I can saw is FREAKIN SWEET!! The problem is, now I'm all jacked up to get mine. The dealer still didn't have any brochures but they gave me a Product Information Handbook, hopefully reading that will keep me happy for a couple of weeks, after that I can't be held responsible for my actions.

I can't believe Ford hasn't got brochures to the dealers yet. As I was talking to a salesman, several folks can to look at the Fusion. They need to have the literature on hand to satisfy anyone leaning toward foreign, IMO.

Transitman... I see you are about 50 miles north of me.. I hear yah on the non existance of materials... I saw a sport 2010 and sitting side by side to the 09 you can see the difference.. I think I need to drive one to experience the difference between my 07.. and the new ones.. right now my AWD needs a coupling that went out right before 36000, so there is whining while driving, which shows up, because these fusions,milans are quiet cars!!

Rick1723, I hope that repair is covered under warranty. When I was shopping dealers and couldn't drive the 2010 I looked at a few weeks ago, I drove a 2009 to get a feel. I was impressed with the way it drove and knew the 2010 would only be better. Besides the major design changes I notice the little things too. Like how the front side amber reflectors are lowered, the new lower fascia, the wheel well flares and the new tail lights all make the car look better.

Hi transitman. :D Concerning the brochures: Maybe the salesman was telling you the truth, maybe not. The brochures are out there, as I picked up a 2010 Fusion Brochure when I went to the Dealer on Thursday. They had them hidden in the Sales Managers office. Seemed to be giving them out sparingly.

Sometimes Sales personnel hoard those things as though they had to pay for them out of their own pockets. Strange but true.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Hi transitman. :D Concerning the brochures: Maybe the salesman was telling you the truth, maybe not. The brochures are out there, as I picked up a 2010 Fusion Brochure when I went to the Dealer on Thursday. They had them hidden in the Sales Managers office. Seemed to be giving them out sparingly.

Sometimes Sales personnel hoard those things as though they had to pay for them out of their own pockets. Strange but true.

I've seen the Product Information Book-A Sales Consultant Guide to the 2010 Fusion they gave me on E-Bay for a starting bid of $9.99. I believe them because she was in the sales office for about 5 minutes going through a box and came out with a packing slip. She said she ordered 2010 Fusion brochures but didn't receive any. The dealership is going to send me one when they arrive. I also sent in a request from the web site. Until my Fusion arrives I just need something to take care of the itch, man. :tease:

I've seen the Product Information Book-A Sales Consultant Guide to the 2010 Fusion they gave me on E-Bay for a starting bid of $9.99. I believe them because she was in the sales office for about 5 minutes going through a box and came out with a packing slip. She said she ordered 2010 Fusion brochures but didn't receive any. The dealership is going to send me one when they arrive. I also sent in a request from the web site. Until my Fusion arrives I just need something to take care of the itch, man. :tease:

Hi tm. :D Yes, I know the feeling. I have had it before myself. If you lived in my neighborhood I would loan you my brochure to tide you over. :read:

Hope your wait is not a long one.

The salesperson at the dealership with whom I placed a Fusion Hybrid order called me today and said that the car is in. As it turns out with my schedule and his, it appears that the best day for me to pick it up is next Tuesday, so that's what I will do. Hoping that it wows me as much as it did when I looked at its features before ordering...

Almost there - I got the call that mine is locked in at the factory and will be produced this week. Hopefully another 3-4 weeks for getting down the line and over the rails.

Never bought a car without driving it before...

I signed the paperwork for my 2010 Fusion Hybrid on 3/14 and Ford confirmed my Hybrid order status via email to the dealer on 3/20 so it's been almost 3 weeks. About how long should it be before my dealer gets some information on when my car will be built? They just got a Hybrid in but I'm sure that was ordered quite a while ago. Thanks.

Edited by joe308

You know looking at it all now, I only have one tiny complaint, and its only because I'm a tech nerd, I wish they would have put the USB port in a more easily accessible place. And I wish it had 2, instead of just one. But alas, I'm not complaining that I will be driving arguably the best hybrid car built yet!

I signed the paperwork for my 2010 Fusion Hybrid on 3/14 and Ford confirmed my Hybrid order status via email to the dealer on 3/20 so it's been almost 3 weeks. About how long should it be before my dealer gets some information on when my car will be built? They just got a Hybrid in but I'm sure that was ordered quite a while ago. Thanks.

Well mine went in on Feb 28th (VOC) was confirmed about a week later (DORA) and I got word on March 28th that I had been given my VIN and build date (Apr 20th) updated DORA. So about a month from order to build date confirmation.

My order went in on 3/2, confirmed on 3/4, received a VIN on 3/20, confirmed build date on 4/1 with an estimated delivery date the week of 5/4.

Edited by transitman