New DTP layoff rumor.....

DTP Inmate

This has been said by both a member of the union, as well as managment. But the rumor is, that on Thursday, the company is sending a proposal to Jerry Sullivan, which he is expected to sign, that will put us on rotating weeks on layoff until October. 2 weeks on, 1 week off.

There will also be no more weekend work for C-crew, they will work day shift the week they are off, and night shift the week they are off.

Also both shifts will run Monday thru Thursday, instead of Tuesday thru Friday for B-crew.

dont kill the messenger! just wanted to give you a heads up!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just spoke with Jerry Sullivan and Ray Swidan. This is news to both of them. Jerry said he would never sign anything to make C crew workers work on days or afternoons, and he isn't expecting anything tomorrow. I guess we can wait and see. I'm just prepared for being on TLO every 3rd week for the rest of the year would be my guess.

This has been said by both a member of the union, as well as managment. But the rumor is, that on Thursday, the company is sending a proposal to Jerry Sullivan, which he is expected to sign, that will put us on rotating weeks on layoff until October. 2 weeks on, 1 week off.

There will also be no more weekend work for C-crew, they will work day shift the week they are off, and night shift the week they are off.

Also both shifts will run Monday thru Thursday, instead of Tuesday thru Friday for B-crew.

:sos:

Can you please explain what it means when you wrote:

"they will work day shift the week they are off, and night shift the week they are off."

Huh? Im sorry, this is just not making sense to this old dog at all.... I must be missing something.

Are you saying that:

C crew will work days on the week Day Shift is off

Then C crew will be on nights on the week that night shift is off?

Too many pronouns for this old dog to follow... they they they they -- (who who who <----says my favorite owl in the woods.) Still doesnt help me understand!

:doh:

Any word on how this will effect KCAP? I cant imigine all this going on up there with you folks without it somehow changing the build schedule around here in KC... anyone hear anything?

Edited by AnotherAutoWorker

So.... it's Thursday, did the company send a proposal to Jerry Sullivan?

Edited by jm2607

I was also told this by a member of management and the Union, but I was also told that Sullivan was opposed to it.

The rumor is true they started surveying C-crew people today concerning this.

\

I work c-crew , I was also( surveyed) The start date that was thrown around is March 22. They didn;t say which shift would bat first . So looks like 4 week on 2 weeks off . If they do pay shift premium to c-crew for working their weeks on days and afternoons that could piss a couple people off for not choosing c-crew over A or B . My guess c-crew won't get it.

\

I work c-crew , I was also( surveyed) The start date that was thrown around is March 22. They didn;t say which shift would bat first . So looks like 4 week on 2 weeks off . If they do pay shift premium to c-crew for working their weeks on days and afternoons that could piss a couple people off for not choosing c-crew over A or B . My guess c-crew won't get it.

I was told by my union rep today that we would still get paid our shift premium.

I was told by my union rep today that we would still get paid our shift premium.

So let me get this stright, I work B crew, and I will continue to works nights and get my 5%. C crew will work my shift when I am laid off and receive 10% for working the same shift? Hell No.

Edited by jm2607

does c crew get shift premium on the 2 days that they work day shift? or only when they work afternoons?

I can't beleave you guys can't see whats happening at dtp.The c crew was brought back just to empty out the job banks.all the low seniority will get cut just as soon as c-crew is cut again. trucks are not selling just like everything else.

I can't beleave you guys can't see whats happening at dtp.The c crew was brought back just to empty out the job banks.all the low seniority will get cut just as soon as c-crew is cut again. trucks are not selling just like everything else.

Ya think??? Wow, I bet no one thought of that. :idea: I'm just giving you a hard time.

Ya think??? Wow, I bet no one thought of that. :idea: I'm just giving you a hard time.
I don't know about that .it seems all i'm reading is about shift premium and other dumb shit.I would be concerned more about the down weeks and subpay.But thats just me.

It's not possible to be paid the 10% shift premium if your start time is not between 7:00 PM and 4:59 AM. The software that pays us will not allow it.

That's not true I worked c crew before at DTP and we got shift premium for friday ,saturday, sunday, and monday. Afternoons started at 5:30 and days started at 6:00

That's not true I worked c crew before at DTP and we got shift premium for friday ,saturday, sunday, and monday. Afternoons started at 5:30 and days started at 6:00

Interesting. I was always told that the software added the premium automatically by the start time entered and it couldn't be done manually.

My bad.