New DTP layoff rumor.....

DTP Inmate

I agree with you there General.

If DTP gets retooled it will signal that 3-crew stays and KCAP will either close or get retooled for a different model.

If it's not retooled, it will kick anyone with '99 or less senority to the streets from DTP.

Invisible,

Ford has stated we need two plants to build the F-150. So if DTP does get retooled what plant is going to get the rest of the F-150's ?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Invisible,

Ford has stated we need two plants to build the F-150. So if DTP does get retooled what plant is going to get the rest of the F-150's ?

I think he is talking about DTP retooling to build the 150 reg. cab and 8 ft. box. Currently, only KC can build those, but I don't think it would take much to make it possible at DTP. There is a lot of equipment that was used at NAP to accomplish this that is just sitting in storage.

You say" will have their family schedules all messed up".

I work B shift and let me tell ya, I don't see my kids all week. And I'm not bitching about c crew getting extra shift premium-- it's NOT the money, it's the point. If you are working my scehdule when I'm off and I receive 5%, when you work it, you should receive 5%. You don't see anything wrong with this situation?

No I dont see anything wrong with it, technically c-crew is not laid off and I'm having to come in to work your shift when I don't want to work that shift. If I wanted to be on b-crew I would have bumped to b-crew, if I wanted to stay on a-crew I would have just stayed put!

You say" will have their family schedules all messed up".

I work B shift and let me tell ya, I don't see my kids all week. And I'm not bitching about c crew getting extra shift premium-- it's NOT the money, it's the point. If you are working my scehdule when I'm off and I receive 5%, when you work it, you should receive 5%. You don't see anything wrong with this situation?

No I do not see a problem. One of the reasons I and others chose C crew was for the extra cash. There are plenty of people who could of came to C crew but did not want to give up their precious weekends. There are many who could of even gotten of the line but the weekend thing was just to important. A-crew and B-crew schedules are what most workers wanted. Their life schedules are not going to change other than B crew working monday through thursday and most are happy about that. C crew people will be screwed big time whether they get the 10% or not. How does it effect your budget one way or another. Just like all the anti UAW opinions out there right now maybe everyone working should just be glad that they are and mind their own business. Ford changes their mind about production plans alot. Hopefully things change for the better for all of us in the near future. Good luck to all UAW brothers and sisters. :beerchug:

I think he is talking about DTP retooling to build the 150 reg. cab and 8 ft. box. Currently, only KC can build those, but I don't think it would take much to make it possible at DTP. There is a lot of equipment that was used at NAP to accomplish this that is just sitting in storage.

actually its a bit more tedious than one would think as the layout of the line was never set up for the possibility of an 8ft box, every station would have to be moved to accomodate the extra lenght, if it was a quick fix i would have been done, but it still may be done, especially if they stop the fseries at KC and put a cplatform in there. 3 shifts could support 400,000 units a year which is where we are about to be if th e year turns out a lot better than we hope.

actually its a bit more tedious than one would think as the layout of the line was never set up for the possibility of an 8ft box, every station would have to be moved to accomodate the extra lenght, if it was a quick fix i would have been done, but it still may be done, especially if they stop the fseries at KC and put a cplatform in there. 3 shifts could support 400,000 units a year which is where we are about to be if th e year turns out a lot better than we hope.

sales are low right now but what would happen in two years if ford cuts kc and then retooled it for something else and then sales doubled. I don't think they will keep all the eggs in one basket. But they might have another plan ya never know. That c-crew workin wacked out shifts is fucked up. You make your plans (Schooling daycare ect.) to what shift you are going to be on then they just try to change it. That's rediculis. I can't spell. Hell you might try to work around a spouse's schedule so c-crew could have been the best option.

Well this is how i feel ,i dont wont to see anyone loose there job ,but its time to draw the line .I have 18 years and with the c -crew back i get laid off every third week.well guess what its time for them to go.Now there going to work my job on my shift ,when i am at home collecting one of my only 39 weeks of sub per contract this is bullshit :banghead::banghead::banghead::finger::censored::censored:

:banghead::censored: Putting me out with enough seniority to hold any shift, grinds me. A low seniority person doing my job just isn't right. What the hell!!! I've spent my time on the street. . . Now is my time to work. . . This is not right. I've had enough downtime.

No I do not see a problem. One of the reasons I and others chose C crew was for the extra cash. There are plenty of people who could of came to C crew but did not want to give up their precious weekends. There are many who could of even gotten of the line but the weekend thing was just to important. A-crew and B-crew schedules are what most workers wanted. Their life schedules are not going to change other than B crew working monday through thursday and most are happy about that. C crew people will be screwed big time whether they get the 10% or not. How does it effect your budget one way or another. Just like all the anti UAW opinions out there right now maybe everyone working should just be glad that they are and mind their own business. Ford changes their mind about production plans alot. Hopefully things change for the better for all of us in the near future. Good luck to all UAW brothers and sisters. :beerchug:

Please sez, don't get me wrong. I absolutely understand your picking c crew for the extra cash. And yes, my weekends are precious as it is the only time I can spend with my kids. In body, I didn't have the time to hold days, soooooo, I choose b so I could have the weekends with my kids. Had I known c crew would have been working days and nights, I would have chose c. But I guess at this point, who really cares, right? There are much bigger things to be worried about. I'm right there with ya, hoping things change for the better for us all in the near future.

Edited by jm2607

:banghead::censored: Putting me out with enough seniority to hold any shift, grinds me. A low seniority person doing my job just isn't right. What the hell!!! I've spent my time on the street. . . Now is my time to work. . . This is not right. I've had enough downtime.

What so bad is where paying Ron butterfinger to do this to use.He's not taking consessions ,he not giving up his double retirement.Now the UAW is making us fight among ourselfes.What good is the union now ,Please someone help me with this one.

I was told by my union rep today that we would still get paid our shift premium.

c-crew will not get c-crew shift premium they will get b-shift premium when working b-crew shift and no get any premiun when working a-crew shift you stupid carolinian inbreed daaaa :banmolest: :banmolest:

Well this is how i feel ,i dont wont to see anyone loose there job ,but its time to draw the line .I have 18 years and with the c -crew back i get laid off every third week.well guess what its time for them to go.Now there going to work my job on my shift ,when i am at home collecting one of my only 39 weeks of sub per contract this is bullshit :banghead::banghead::banghead::finger::censored::censored:

I agree if this bullshit passes and their gonna start counting down weeks then go ahead and cut c-crew loose!

You'll have the same amount of down time whether it is done this way or whether the company takes full down weeks & blacks out the plant. It's one or the other

I just spoke with Jerry Sullivan and Ray Swidan. This is news to both of them. Jerry said he would never sign anything to make C crew workers work on days or afternoons, and he isn't expecting anything tomorrow. I guess we can wait and see. I'm just prepared for being on TLO every 3rd week for the rest of the year would be my guess.

I'm a little curious here.

Do you know if Ray Swidan graduated from Allen Park High School?

Honestly what I think Ford is hoping for is that lower senority will vote yes in hopes that it will save their job and after it passes.............the axe falls!

This shit (axe falling) is closer than you think!! We (skilled trades) have already been told to plan on going back to the 5 day schedule middle of March. We are currently working 4 on 4 off. Union has notified us of this as well....reason we are being told is that as of the 26th C crew is done. Has been rumor that C crew is going to replace A&B's down weeks but don't drink the kool aid. Ford is getting ready to trim the fat. Hell today they brought in Hydraulic repairmen from Rawsonville & made them Machine Repairmen. That's not the worst of it we didn't even have open rec's for Machine repair in the building. Something stinks at DTP & our Union just says they don't know whats happening. Hang onto your hats it going to be a bumpy ride for the next 6 months or so. GM announced today that their annalist say they don't think that the company can survive. We need to stick together keep our eye on our jobs and pray we get threw the next year with a job & fight the battle with the company when they have something to lose. So we have to give up something, hell I'd rather have a 25.00 an hour job at Ford than fighting over a 12.00 job at Home depot.

The word on the floor is this shift rotation is not going to happen.

How come they are preparing the medical staff for no C crew?

Well maybe the axe will fall, you know what some people are going to be mad at is some higher seniority people got into pre-delivery, motorbay, mp&l, and people are going to get bump out of those positions that have been there for a while.

Edited by fordtpworker1993

This shit (axe falling) is closer than you think!! We (skilled trades) have already been told to plan on going back to the 5 day schedule middle of March. We are currently working 4 on 4 off. Union has notified us of this as well....reason we are being told is that as of the 26th C crew is done. Has been rumor that C crew is going to replace A&B's down weeks but don't drink the kool aid. Ford is getting ready to trim the fat. Hell today they brought in Hydraulic repairmen from Rawsonville & made them Machine Repairmen. That's not the worst of it we didn't even have open rec's for Machine repair in the building. Something stinks at DTP & our Union just says they don't know whats happening. Hang onto your hats it going to be a bumpy ride for the next 6 months or so. GM announced today that their annalist say they don't think that the company can survive. We need to stick together keep our eye on our jobs and pray we get threw the next year with a job & fight the battle with the company when they have something to lose. So we have to give up something, hell I'd rather have a 25.00 an hour job at Ford than fighting over a 12.00 job at Home depot.

Don't believe all the rumors you hear. IF the plant goes to the down week schedule that is discussed here (Mon-Thurs 4/10), then probably trades will go back to a 5 day schedule. But for now, the schedule is full 3-crews of production through April 19. One down week 3/23. After 4/19, maybe down weeks, maybe the 4/10 schedule with C covering A & B. Why would Ford cancel C Crew right after they made a big deal all over national media about bringing in 800 people just a couple weeks ago. This is the Company's one big good-news story. I don't think they will turn around & get rid of C Crew.

The people you talk about were classified Machine Repair long before they got to DTP. There was an open DTP rec for MAchine Repair. It was posted across the zone a while ago. Please get your facts before stirring the pot. There is enough nervousness & fear already.